Hacking Official CBHC v1.6 - ColdBoot HaxChi CFW

porygon3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I haven't used my Wii U in some time, I have this installed, but for some reason I took the SD card and I can't seem to find it nor a backup of what was inside

Also, when I turn the console nothing is displayed on screen, I'm not sure if this is because there is no SD card...

What can I do in this situation?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used my Wii U in some time, I have this installed, but for some reason I took the SD card and I can't seem to find it nor a backup of what was inside

Also, when I turn the console nothing is displayed on screen, I'm not sure if this is because there is no SD card...

What can I do in this situation?
Do you get a minus error or does it ever say autobooting?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes, Tiramisu is better than CBHC!
For a short comparison:
Tiramisu DOESN'T put your Wii U's life at stake (y'know, you can safely wipe the console with tiramisu and not worry about a brick happening)
Tiramisu can load plugins when it boots (So you can use your DualShock 4s and Joy-Cons as Wii U controllers!)
Those are the two things that come up off the top of my head.
OH! You also don't need a DS VC game to install tiramisu, and it doesn't take up an icon in your Wii U menu either.
Now, before you run over to your Wii U and install tiramisu, PLEASE uninstall CBHC BEFORE installing Tiramisu, since they could conflict. And while I can't say for sure what'd happen in that case, I can say that while it probably wouldn't KILL your Wii U, it's make it harder to use.
i have seen several peope saying they cant run vwii overclocked channels like wii64/wiisxrx becuase of the overclock app is an elf and doesnt work, not sure if its true or not so im keeping cbhc for ever, dont fix what isnt broken works for me.

Reactions: nWo

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
i have seen several peope saying they cant run vwii overclocked channels like wii64/wiisxrx becuase of the overclock app is an elf and doesnt work, not sure if its true or not so im keeping cbhc for ever, dont fix what isnt broken works for me.
Okay, firstly IDK how the overclock app being an elf makes any difference other than it being somewhat outdated (as I understand it, newer homebrew uses .RPX rather than .ELF as their format) but I don't see how tiramisu would interfere? I'm pretty sure that the HBL app/shortcut on your Wii U menu (if you have it) should be able to load the vWii overclocker just fine.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw:

1651928485611.png

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Huh. Well, as right as you are, HBL can still load both formats just fine. (since it's possible to make RPX homebrew after all)
back to the topic, are you SURE that it's Tiramisu messing up the way the vWii overclocker runs?

Reactions: godreborn

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Huh. Well, as right as you are, HBL can still load both formats just fine. (since it's possible to make RPX homebrew after all)
back to the topic, are you SURE that it's Tiramisu messing up the way the vWii overclocker runs?
like i said i heard afew rumours but i dont use tiramisu so i wanted someone that uses tiramisue to check if vwii overclock works on wii64/wiisxr or any overclock capable app.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like i said i heard afew rumours but i dont use tiramisu so i wanted someone that uses tiramisue to check if vwii overclock works on wii64/wiisxr or any overclock capable app.
I could do it, but I'd need to know how to know it's working. a link to the app in question? I'd also have to do it tomorrow.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just read the previous post. if it's the vwii, it can't be responsible for tiramisu. tiramisu does nothing to the vwii.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still reluctant to install Tiramisu, I'm waiting for the "full version" with all the extras that are planned.
afaik, they're working on aroma. Tiramisu is just to whet your appetite for it. I think @Maschell said he'd only be doing bug fixes for tiramisu from now on, but aroma has several plans including an ftp server on the home menu, and one that doesn't suck like wup server.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
just read the previous post. if it's the vwii, it can't be responsible for tiramisu. tiramisu does nothing to the vwii.
its not the vwii, do remenber c2w patcher patches the vwii inject program on wiiu before running so when it starts it starts in oc mode so it patches frist from wiiu side so that when vwii starts it will not drop the cpu clock from wiiu mode.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I could do it, but I'd need to know how to know it's working. a link to the app in question? I'd also have to do it tomorrow.
well the app could be wii64
what you need

first you need the fowarder get it here
https://www.mediafire.com/file/anxm842wpp7lyoy/%28WIIUGAMEPAD%29_Wii6400050000102098FF.rar/file

then you need the app in question
https://www.mediafire.com/file/rqjv4p0y8e8lesw/SD+root.zip/file

then get a rom of a game that doesnt run full speed without overclock like mission impossible for n64 place it on the rom folder inside wii64 folder on the root.

now to activate overclock

first install the channel with the any wup installer you have
2nd go to homebrew launcher and run c2w patcher it will send you you back into wiiu menu
right after it sends you back to wiiu menu start the wii64 channel.

Once you are in wii64 click advanced go to settings and choose show fps to yes
then choose load rom and pick mission impossible
then start mission impossible,
click A until ou start the first missing where you arrive on a boat to an icy base.

if the game is running between 0.8-0.9 its not overlocked, when you are out of the boat in the icy base then you arent in oc mode, now if the games runs x1.0 perfectly you are playing with oc mode.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someone else is going to have to check it. I have problems getting emulators to detect my hdd, yet usb loader gx has no problems. sounds too involved too, and I do test a lot of stuff. I don't really feel like testing this. maybe ask @BaamAlex . I think he's on tiramisu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Hey hey!