Hacking CDNSP is NOT dead. They just don't want us to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

YamiZee

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
There are lots of obscure titles that I don't have the confidence of being dumped anywhere. Which is why you need cdnsp

Meepers55

Flintstones Regular
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not an intelligent opinion to hold. You've revealed who you really are with this post.
It's funny how you deem a well thought out and logically sound opinion to be an unintelligent one; though I do suppose that you would say that about any opinion that differs from yours.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They designed whole cert infrastructure with fine grained per-device access control in mind, learning form Wii U mistakes. It didn't accidentally happens to be in place when CDNSP surfaced.
Additional security measures were incorporated in 6.0 because it was first major FW release after CFW went widespread, not because someone downloaded too many games.

Idiotic and untrue.
So if you can't win with reason you are trying insults.

Anyway I don't know if I would entirely agree with l915205's post. I would have not called the Wii U and 3ds network security setups mistakes as much as their hiring must have only taken people with network security knowledge from the 1990s (not sure if time travellers or just has beens) and failed to screen for them all being crack smokers to boot.
That said our first major introduction to Switch banning for hacks (a point when all the hacks were still private) showed them very much on top form and playing to win, the first analysis of the CDN showed them upping their game considerably (to vaguely competent for the modern world but that is OK) and everything since shows them looking to enforce things.
For them to make a change to prevent them from once again running one of the best ROM sites in the world does not seem far fetched in the slightest.

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny how you deem a well thought out and logically sound opinion to be an unintelligent one; though I do suppose that you would say that about any opinion that differs from yours.

It's funny how you assume you know what my thought process is.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So if you can't win with reason you are trying insults.

Anyway I don't know if I would entirely agree with l915205's post. I would have not called the Wii U and 3ds network security setups mistakes as much as their hiring must have only taken people with network security knowledge from the 1990s (not sure if time travellers or just has beens) and failed to screen for them all being crack smokers to boot.
That said our first major introduction to Switch banning for hacks (a point when all the hacks were still private) showed them very much on top form and playing to win, the first analysis of the CDN showed them upping their game considerably (to vaguely competent for the modern world but that is OK) and everything since shows them looking to enforce things.
For them to make a change to prevent them from once again running one of the best ROM sites in the world does not seem far fetched in the slightest.

The argument has already been won. Actual thoughtful observers know that your position is nonsense. It's too far outside of the bounds of normal thought to be worth engaging with.

Meepers55

Flintstones Regular
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny how you assume you know what my thought process is.
I merely made an observation based upon your actions.

The argument has already been won. Actual thoughtful observers know that your position is nonsense. It's too far outside of the bounds of normal thought to be worth engaging with.
Those who claim that they've won an argument are usually the ones who have lost it. Based upon what I've read, you brushed most of @FAST6191's points/examples to the side.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My assessment of your position.

Access to Nintendo's CDN is vital to ensure all games, updates, DLC and whatnot are made available to the Scene or for historical posterity. By dispelling the lie that access to it was dead and showing how to still access it the OP has ensured that Nintendo will soon come and shut it all down so hard that nobody will be able to do anything without a legit setup. All with no benefit to the public, or such a miniscule one that it does not matter. This will mean we don't have all the games, DLC and updates to play with.

My position.

Nintendo may well come and lock things down (I would be surprised if they manage right away but OK -- the mere fact we are having this discussion attesting to their general incompetence at this sort of thing). No great loss if so. Plenty of other devices with similar title volumes, install bases, relative storage sizes on device, ease of hacking, update sizes, update volumes... have managed to do OK in the past and I am not seeing anything here which will terribly frustrate that from happening again (might be even easier as storage and bandwidth have only only increased in recent years). People complaining are then complaining about a loss of a convenience rather than anything even vaguely essential. Speaking of convenience it is rather so for the public to use to get the files they want so the "no use or such a miniscule one" part of the position above also falls short. It is not ideal and if said private hackers were using it to populate a fancy "any update from any time" type service/library then that would be a shame. None of that is even close to being worthy of shutting down this thread and doing the "nothing to see here" routine.

If that is so very far outside the bounds of normal thought then please send an ambulance as something bad has clearly happened to me.

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My assessment of your position.

Access to Nintendo's CDN is vital to ensure all games, updates, DLC and whatnot are made available to the Scene or for historical posterity. By dispelling the lie that access to it was dead and showing how to still access it the OP has ensured that Nintendo will soon come and shut it all down so hard that nobody will be able to do anything without a legit setup. All with no benefit to the public, or such a miniscule one that it does not matter. This will mean we don't have all the games, DLC and updates to play with.

My position.

Nintendo may well come and lock things down (I would be surprised if they manage right away but OK -- the mere fact we are having this discussion attesting to their general incompetence at this sort of thing). No great loss if so. Plenty of other devices with similar title volumes, install bases, relative storage sizes on device, ease of hacking, update sizes, update volumes... have managed to do OK in the past and I am not seeing anything here which will terribly frustrate that from happening again (might be even easier as storage and bandwidth have only only increased in recent years). People complaining are then complaining about a loss of a convenience rather than anything even vaguely essential. Speaking of convenience it is rather so for the public to use to get the files they want so the "no use or such a miniscule one" part of the position above also falls short. It is not ideal and if said private hackers were using it to populate a fancy "any update from any time" type service/library then that would be a shame. None of that is even close to being worthy of shutting down this thread and doing the "nothing to see here" routine.

If that is so very far outside the bounds of normal thought then please send an ambulance as something bad has clearly happened to me.

Your summary of my position isn't entirely accurate. I would say that it does mean that we will be missing updates for some titles, but it's not like it becomes impossible. Just a much bigger pain for near-zero gain. We will absolutely lose certain things, but it's not apocalyptic. It is, however, bad.

Yes, your position sucks. I understand it, but it is garbage. It doesn't take into account differences over time (other devices in the past have not had this volume of game updates or meaningful security preventing easy dumps of them or updates that are a meaningful file size or or or). Your argument about 'oh the CDN is easier for the public' is garbage too - swapping out edge tokens constantly isn't exactly convenient, and the CDN is slow and the apps are flaky. On the other hand, downloading scene pres is as easy as ever.

Similarly, your requirement for an 'automated, any update at any time' system is laughably idiotic - the expectation is normal scene activity -- pres. Your 'oh, if it's fancy that's good, if it is normal that is worth risking' thing is garbage as well.

Your arguments are just quasi-logical blocks of text that do not stand up to actual factual scrutiny. I'd send an ambulance if I knew where to direct it.

Last edited by blahblah,

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm sorry for the dumb and noob question, but what does CDNSP does? I know it downloads from CDN, but what's the benefit of it? Does it make the game's cert "official" and therefore doesn't get you banned or somethign, or is it just the ease of downloading it directly from it?

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry for the dumb and noob question, but what does CDNSP does? I know it downloads from CDN, but what's the benefit of it? Does it make the game's cert "official" and therefore doesn't get you banned or somethign, or is it just the ease of downloading it directly from it?

If one is lazy and doesn't want to seek out warez, CDNSP allows you to download games directly from Nintendo's CDN. The benefit is not having to seek out a pirate site. The downsides are availability of content (not every game dumped will have title keys available) and download speed.

Last edited by blahblah,

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
The entitlement in here is strong. It's like the world will end if CDN downloading is blocked for good. They already know how to fix it so just shut up with this lame excuse. OP did nothing wrong. There will always be people who dump their purchased games, updates and DLC. If you want history of Switch games preserved stop whining about CDN warez and start dumping.

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Meepers55

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Your summary of my position isn't entirely accurate. I would say that it does mean that we will be missing updates for some titles, but it's not like it becomes impossible. Just a much bigger pain for near-zero gain. We will absolutely lose certain things, but it's not apocalyptic. It is, however, bad.

Yes, your position sucks. I understand it, but it is garbage. It doesn't take into account differences over time (other devices in the past have not had this volume of game updates or meaningful security preventing easy dumps of them or updates that are a meaningful file size or or or). Your argument about 'oh the CDN is easier for the public' is garbage too - swapping out edge tokens constantly isn't exactly convenient, and the CDN is slow and the apps are flaky. On the other hand, downloading scene pres is as easy as ever.

Similarly, your requirement for an 'automated, any update at any time' system is laughably idiotic - the expectation is normal scene activity -- pres. Your 'oh, if it's fancy that's good, if it is normal that is worth risking' thing is garbage as well.

Your arguments are just quasi-logical blocks of text that do not stand up to actual factual scrutiny. I'd send an ambulance if I knew where to direct it.

OP, thank you for enlighting us about the big lie(TM) about the CDNSP. Don't listen to the filthy pirates that are trying to discourage you.

Last edited by Chary, , Reason: Do not attack other users
Reactions: Meepers55

Meepers55

Flintstones Regular
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(other devices in the past have not had this volume of game updates or meaningful security preventing easy dumps of them or updates that are a meaningful file size or or or)
@FAST6191 states that he was referring to consoles that did in fact face similar conditions. If you truly believe that there weren't any consoles like this before, then I guess you haven't heard of a PS4; or even a PS3.

His position doesn't "suck," it's actually quite reasonable. You're simply too close-minded in this situation.

Reactions: peteruk and ghjfdtg

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well thanks, you just gave me a light and with a bit of thinkering i got my CDNSP back to work :P.
Enjoy it while it lasts. Hope it's worth it

This is why we can't have anything nice. Good job. Nintendo will surely patch it soon

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Enjoy it while it lasts. Hope it's worth it

This is why we can't have anything nice. Good job. Nintendo will surely patch it soon
I will, my 2tb hdd and 250Mbit Fiber will have a lot of work tonight.

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are genuinely willing to sacrifice the ability for the hacking community to have access to CDN...just to get slightly faster warez downloads? The people in this scene are crazy sometimes. "Who cares if TX is destroying the scene and forcing homebrew devs to go closed source / private release, i get my pirated games 2 minutes faster!" "Who cares if CDN locks down and the hacking community as a whole loses the information from it, I NEED that one obscure eShop game!!!"

Reactions: blahblah

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope Nintendo patches it soon. Hello beautiful I'll even tip them off on Twitter.
People are genuinely willing to sacrifice the ability for the hacking community to have access to CDN...just to get slightly faster warez downloads? The people in this scene are crazy sometimes. "Who cares if TX is destroying the scene and forcing homebrew devs to go closed source / private release, i get my pirated games 2 minutes faster!" "Who cares if CDN locks down and the hacking community as a whole loses the information from it, I NEED that one obscure eShop game!!!"
they dont think
hence acting like idiots.

on discord theres a mega folder shared with everyone to download all the latest release
i still dont get it. this is what happens when 12 year olds get access to these things. i do hope Nintendo patches it soon

Reactions: ItsKipz

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope Nintendo patches it soon. Hello beautiful I'll even tip them off on Twitter.

they dont think
hence acting like idiots.

on discord theres a mega folder shared with everyone to download all the latest release
i still dont get it. this is what happens when 12 year olds get access to these things. i do hope Nintendo patches it soon
People complain that Nintendo shuts down rom sites because "muh preservation!!!!" but they'd sacrifice that same exact "preservation" to get their updates 60 seconds faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Your dad still got laid +1