Hardware CECHK01 PS3 Blu-Ray not working; replace or remarry?

Petrucci

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

I bought a used CECHK01 PS3 off ebay a few months ago, and it was obviously opened up before (rubber over torx screw was gone, HDD size was less than 80 GB). When I went through the CFW installation process, using ones that relied on a BD simply wouldn't load, so I had to use a No-BD version. Now, I've been trying to load a disc, and it seems that not only does the PS3 not pull the disc in when it's inserted, but also it simply will not read the disc when it does on startup. I tried to remarry the drive with my root key in dev_usb and with FSM mode on, but I just got a cex_drive_init failure.

So, I opened up the system, and I was surprised to see that there wasn't a BD logic board near the drive. For the CECHK01, is there simply no logic board? Should I order one online and install it with a new drive?

Petrucci

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hate to double post (and quasi-necro), but this issue is driving me up the wall and I've found zero solutions anywhere online. For starters, I bought another CECHK blu-ray drive, which while having a different layout for some of the connectors, fit into my PS3 nicely and as the seller stated, was ripped from another CECHK. This time, the disc does get pulled in by the drive, but the remarrying issue persists. I have my eid_root_key dumped to a usb stick in dev_usb000, and whenever I try to do the remarry through the CFW toolbox in FSM I get the error "cex_drive_init_sblock()" and the usual "cex_drive_init_fail()." I'm not sure of what options I have at this point, and would appreciate any possible advice since every wiki I see either involves downgrading to 3.55 (currently on OFW 4.82 with rebug) or just simply doing what I did above.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, try this, in xmb, scroll over to the network bar and select *Custom Firmware Tools, select *Rebug Settings, Then Toggle rebug mode, then see if it reads discs

Reactions: Petrucci

Petrucci

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, try this, in xmb, scroll over to the network bar and select *Custom Firmware Tools, select *Rebug Settings, Then Toggle rebug mode, then see if it reads discs
Just gave it a shot, but still nothing. I think the Blu-Ray drive would need to be remarried in order for discs to be read at all, correct? I popped in a CD and it seemed to be able to detect it, but said the data was corrupted.

Jalil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
hi if you bought another CECHK blu-ray drive you need to remarry it with your system, and the right way to do it is to :
- install 3.55 rogero downgrader
- Download the Remarry files (google it) and unpack to root of USB device, and add the official 3.55 UPDATE.PUP
- Put the service mode JIG/dongle/PSGrade into port 0 (closest to the reader) and get into factory service mode.
- Put the your created USB device into port 0 (closest to the reader) and run.
Drive Init Executing means it is starting the remarry process
Drive Init Failed with big pink letters 'NG' (No Good!) means the process failed. Most likely solved by fixing the communication issue with the drive.
- After you run the initial remarry process, do not take it out of factory service mode.
- Put a BD movie disc in and run it on the PS3. (This restores your DRL files!)
- Then you can take it out of factory service mode.
- Launch as normal.
to exit FSM use Lv2diag.self (file 1) by JaicraB (google it )

i think that's all, hope you fix it

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just gave it a shot, but still nothing. I think the Blu-Ray drive would need to be remarried in order for discs to be read at all, correct? I popped in a CD and it seemed to be able to detect it, but said the data was corrupted.
I figured it was worth a try, I just hacked a CECHG01 and installed rebug, but the discdrive stopped reading discs, so what I suggested worked for me, too bad it didn't work for you.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hi if you bought another CECHK blu-ray drive you need to remarry it with your system, and the right way to do it is to :
- install 3.55 rogero downgrader
- Download the Remarry files (google it) and unpack to root of USB device, and add the official 3.55 UPDATE.PUP
- Put the service mode JIG/dongle/PSGrade into port 0 (closest to the reader) and get into factory service mode.
- Put the your created USB device into port 0 (closest to the reader) and run.
Drive Init Executing means it is starting the remarry process
Drive Init Failed with big pink letters 'NG' (No Good!) means the process failed. Most likely solved by fixing the communication issue with the drive.
- After you run the initial remarry process, do not take it out of factory service mode.
- Put a BD movie disc in and run it on the PS3. (This restores your DRL files!)
- Then you can take it out of factory service mode.
- Launch as normal.
to exit FSM use Lv2diag.self (file 1) by JaicraB (google it )

i think that's all, hope you fix it
I thought fsm bricks the console if you used the new hack

this is from there website

PS3HEN Has Been Updated To v2.0.0! DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ENABLE FSM (Factory Service Mode) OR INSTALL CCAPI ON A PS3 WITH PS3HEN! It is recommended to install HFW 4.84 TWICE, or install 4.84 OFW, then HFW, before using any of the 4.84 exploits! If XMB fails to find/install PUP, reboot to RECOVERY and try again!

Last edited by wicksand420,

Jalil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
I figured it was worth a try, I just hacked a CECHG01 and installed rebug, but the discdrive stopped reading discs, so what I suggested worked for me, too bad it didn't work for you.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I thought fsm bricks the console if you used the new hack

no if you are on any CFW you can install a 3.55 DOWNGRADER and acrivate it with no problem even on 4.46 4.50 4.55 ...
it brick the console if you're on HFW AKA HEN type hack

Reactions: wicksand420

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/q1474nWP0bI?si=5v445vycfskxD3V8