Emulation CEMU 1.15.9 Constant lag, shaders compiling

tranceology3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't used CEMU in a long time, I think over a 18 months. Decided to give it a go again. Just downloaded the latest version, set my graphics pack to 1440P, and all games stutter as they pause to compile the shaders.

When I used CEMU 18 months ago I could play many games at 1440P with 60 FPS no problem, now I can't get any games to run smoothly, even in its native graphics. I tried changing many settings but nothing helps. Is there something Im doing wrong? Really strange since I thought CEMU would be rock solid now.

My PC: Windows 10, Geforce 1070, Core-i3 8350k, 16gb ram. Using Xbox one Bluetooth controller.

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should create a shader cache once they are compiled - the next time you run though the same section of the game where they were compiled, you shouldn't get any stutter.
There is no way around this, shaders can't be compiled before execution afaik, so they need to be compiled once during execution.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's just the way it is these days when it comes to shader building - once finished it should run fine.
edit: oof, ninja'd! :lol: As a test, run the same race in MK8 and you should notice the difference. It's unavoidable I'm afraid...

Last edited by mightymuffy,

tranceology3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's just the way it is these days when it comes to shader building - once finished it should run fine.
edit: oof, ninja'd! :lol: As a test, run the same race in MK8 and you should notice the difference. It's unavoidable I'm afraid...

But that to me is a huge downgrade compared to when I used CEMU 18 months ago, it never had to compile on the fly. I remember playing MK8 for hours for the first time and it ran a solid 60fps.

Last edited by tranceology3,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...