Cemu Wii U emulator goes open source, Linux version now available

dddddddddddddddddddddd.png

The Cemu development team hyped some big features and changes coming to their emulator, back in January, and now they're delivering on those promises. In the latest release of the emulator, Cemu 2.0, it is now fully open source. There is also a brand new Linux version, allowing users to emulate their Wii U games on the platform, though they are currently preliminary builds. A new GitHub repository is available to check out, starting at the 2.0 release build. As for the Linux version, a pre-built release is only available for Ubuntu 20.04, meaning that you'll need to compile it yourself if you plan on using it with other distros.

:arrow: Download / Source

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Reactions: ColdBlitz

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I find it unlikely it will ever have a PS4 Pro port. Heck the Xbox Series X can emulate up to Wii games, Wii U emulation would be too much for current gen consoles.

KeeperCP1

"What, why, where, who?" is my middle name
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Technically the last 2 posts before your post had less time between them compared to the post before your post and your own post, so you're actually the second necrobumper!
Why are you blaming me? Compare flame's post from September 5th 2022 and Coldblitz's message from February 17 2022. I was just pointing out that ColdBlitz and Raxadian necrobumped before me and none of them noticed.

Last edited by KeeperCP1,

ColdBlitz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you blaming me? Compare flame's post from September 5th 2022 and Coldblitz's message from February 17 2022. I was just pointing out that ColdBlitz and Raxadian necrobumped before me and none of them noticed.
is something wrong with necrobumping wait what even is necrobumping?

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Still worthy of chat, especially when we have a long time member providing inaccurate information:
I find it unlikely it will ever have a PS4 Pro port. Heck the Xbox Series X can emulate up to Wii games, Wii U emulation would be too much for current gen consoles.
...as the Series X (and Series S!) can also do an excellent job of emulating PS2 (PCSX2 having arguably higher system requirements than Dolphin) but also Xbox360 emulation via the recently released UWP port of Xenia: Wii U emulation clearly would not be too much for current gen consoles..

ColdBlitz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still worthy of chat, especially when we have a long time member providing inaccurate information:

...as the Series X (and Series S!) can also do an excellent job of emulating PS2 (PCSX2 having arguably higher system requirements than Dolphin) but also Xbox360 emulation via the recently released UWP port of Xenia: Wii U emulation clearly would not be too much for current gen consoles..
I saw the ps4 emulate the switch and that spec wise is a portable overclocked wii u

ScaryHobbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If my Intel i7-6700 / Radeon RX 480 can emulate the Wii U (Everything except BOTW works well for me), then the PS5 and XBSX can probably do it just fine.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Exactly. I've seen only videos of a modded PS4 running emulation of older retro consoles, but nothing past 5th gen consoles.

From what I have read, PS3 Emulation needs more powerful hardware that the PS5 has.

Xbox 360 should work, and the Wii U emulation is still fairly incomplete due to mostly lack of interest and the fact the thing uses a tablet as one of the main controls even if most games tend to ignore the tablet completely on just use the second screen for crap.

However both Zelda and Smash Bros seem to work quite well in emulation and are getting better but not as good as in a mooded Wii U.

If you want portable Wii U emulation the Steam Deck works okay, not perfect but hey it works.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I’d bet that the Series X can handle Wii U just fine. Just because CEMU hasn’t been ported doesn’t mean it’s incapable. That’s just not logical.

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is a link to a ps4 running yuzu since the switch specwise is an android phone it cant be that hard

I appreciate the gesture, however, the implementation of this hack isn't all that practical for actual gameplay since the PS4 completely misses the mark for optimal performance based on the system requrements it takes to effectively play/run Switch titles. Most console emulation require a system that's overall more powerful than the console that's intended to be emulated. The PC rig in my sig is what I use to run yuZu which offers way more overhead than a PS4 (in Windows or Linux [Ubuntu])to ensure things run properly w/o issue. The fact that the PS4 doesn't even meet minimum spec to run the yuZu emulator while being laden w/ glitches, choppiness and lag, in my opinion, could be considred a waste of time and NOT a worthwhile experience. I understand that the PS4 can technically run a Switch game(s) via yuZu, but just b/c it's possible doesn't mean it's optimal.

From what I have read, PS3 Emulation needs more powerful hardware that the PS5 has.

Xbox 360 should work, and the Wii U emulation is still fairly incomplete due to mostly lack of interest and the fact the thing uses a tablet as one of the main controls even if most games tend to ignore the tablet completely on just use the second screen for crap.

However both Zelda and Smash Bros seem to work quite well in emulation and are getting better but not as good as in a mooded Wii U.

If you want portable Wii U emulation the Steam Deck works okay, not perfect but hey it works.

I don't own a PS5 so emulation progress/strides being made in that scene I'm more so indifferent a/b it. Nor do I own a Steam Deck and have no interest in portable emulation. Forgive me for sounding detached from the matter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqw6t28P9po