Hacking CFW installed?

NWwind

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I installed B9S on my new 3DS when my 3DS is on firmware 11.3. Later I updated it to 11.7. Then I region changed it from JP to US and the 3DS is downgraded to 11.5. I updated it again and the version shown in system setting is "Sys 11.7.0-40U". A few weeks later, Nintendo released the firmware 11.8 and I updated it. Then the version shown in system setting is changed to "Ver 11.8.0-41U". Is the CFW still there?
(Note: FBI still works.)

D

Deleted User

umm... yes. Nintendo cannot fix boot9strap. Or at least, with luma cfw being used.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If FBI still works, then your CFW is still installed. I am not sure how region-changed systems works, but I am guessing the update just reverted your system back to the US OFW.

NWwind

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
If FBI still works, then your CFW is still installed. I am not sure how region-changed systems works, but I am guessing the update just reverted your system back to the US OFW.
Oh I see. Thx

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Therefore, should I re-install B9S?

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having "Ver" in your version string is totally normal even when running Luma. If you'd rather it said Sys/Emu, turn on your system while holding the Select button and enable "Show user string in System Settings," then press the Start button to save the config.

NWwind

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Having "Ver" in your version string is totally normal even when running Luma. If you'd rather it said Sys/Emu, turn on your system while holding the Select button and enable "Show user string in System Settings," then press the Start button to save the config.
Wow thx!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (this is going to be horribly misinterpreted as me wanting to fuck DK or smth, isn't it?)