Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a launch 60gb phat ps3 CECHA01 model with OFW 4.46

i have bought over 25 ps3 games and like 10 psn games

but now that ps4 is just around the corner, ps3 life cycle is ending, the scene is well established, i have decided to modify my ps3.

I have been reading a lot about ps3 hacking but i dont know which way to go, ode or cfw??

The main purpose will be to play pirated ps3 games, i dont care too much about homebrew, ps2 emulation, etc etc

for CFW, my ps3 would need a nand downgrade which will cost me $110 with a local installer

This is about the same price as an ODE, and now that cobra-ode seems to be finally shipping, e3-ode being announced, etc. I dont know what to do

I dont play online a lot, and i understand nothing is 100% safe, but from this 2 options, which is safer?? I would not like to lose access to psn or the digital games i have bought

Any advice?? advantages - disadvantages?

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ODE will probably serve you better. Although all ODE for PS3 at this point use the same exploit, so if Sony did block that exploit, all ODEs are blocked.

Cyberdrive

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Buy a hardware flasher and a second HDD for CFW and go dual firmware. It won't be easy nor cheap, but you're getting the best of the both worlds without the risk of getting banned.

Ceron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in a similar spot, except I'm looking to purchase my first PS3 within the next couple months or so. Assuming the total cost is about the same, am I better off hunting down a Slim with pre-3.55 firmware and going with CFW or buying a Slim and 3k3y? I'm leaning towards the 3k3y option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: bro has adhd