Votes: 17 63.0%
  • Rogero

Votes: 10 37.0%

• Total voters

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the link. Already downgraded to Rebug 4.30 so I'll just leave it as is for now with the spoofer on. Also noticed in your link that lastGAME is not working on mM 4.40.00 at all. I kinda like this feature so I'll stick with mM 4.30.00 as well. I must say though, it's nice to be able to downgrade Rebug's CFWs.
The link above is the initial release (build 20130502), there has been a newer build (20130503) since then and lastGAME and all mmTOOLS have been updated to work on 4.41 CFW as well:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hwwr3s

Source: http://psx-scene.com/forums/f6/arti...pdated-4-41cfw-113667/index5.html#post1058642

mechadylan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The link above is the initial release (build 20130502), there has been a newer build (20130503) since then and lastGAME and all mmTOOLS have been updated to work on 4.41 CFW as well:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hwwr3s

Source: http://psx-scene.com/forums/f6/article-{update-2}-multiman-v04-40-00-released-mmtools-updated-4-41cfw-113667/index5.html#post1058642
Cool! Didn't even notice the build number difference. Updated to mM 4.40 (build 20130502) and lastGAME is working fine; then again, I'm back on Rebug 4.30.2 so that's to be expected I guess. If I get around to updating back to CFW 4.41, I guess I won't need to re-enable the BD-ROM emulator. Thanks again! :)

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
Cool! Didn't even notice the build number difference. Updated to mM 4.40 (build 20130502) and lastGAME is working fine; then again, I'm back on Rebug 4.30.2 so that's to be expected I guess. If I get around to updating back to CFW 4.41, I guess I won't need to re-enable the BD-ROM emulator. Thanks again! :)
Don't use build 20130502, use the newer build 20130503.

If you're already on mM 4.40.00 when you update to Rebug 4.41 or if you don't start a lower version of mM after you update to Rebug 4.41 and install mM 4.40.00, you don't have to re-enable BD-ROM emulator. That said, if mM 4.40.00 doesn't work on Rebug 4.41, just re-enable BD-ROM emulator, easy :)

mechadylan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't use build 20130502, use the newer build 20130503.

If you're already on mM 4.40.00 when you update to Rebug 4.41 or if you don't start a lower version of mM after you update to Rebug 4.41 and install mM 4.40.00, you don't have to re-enable BD-ROM emulator. That said, if mM 4.40.00 doesn't work on Rebug 4.41, just re-enable BD-ROM emulator, easy :)
Oops, typo; I meant 20130503. I kinda wish deank would use those last two zero placeholders more often as opposed to build numbers.

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
Oops, typo; I meant 20130503. I kinda wish deank would use those last two zero placeholders more often as opposed to build numbers.
Yeah i agree, the build number is actually the release date.

I hate it when devs release a different build of the same version, it confuses users. Just change the version to 4.40.01 if the change is so minor.

Anyways, we shouldn't complain, his tool is great and we're lucky he even released this update because he's been busy with his real life job these days.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was really hesitant to go with Rebug for CFW, considering my prior experience with one of their spoofers and attempting to uninstall it nearly bricked my beloved CECHA.

Still though, even as a lite CFW, 4.41.2 has been very nice. As a precaution, I don't auto-sign in and run all my homebrew offline. But thankfully able to have PSN access and all that goodness. And the provided toolbox is a sort of one-stop shop for any LV1/2 patching. The fact that it seems to provide a one-step solution to enabling OtherOS is welcome. If I had a larger hard drive in the console, I'd be more willing to give it a whirl, and see if that zerogame project finally works this time.

Reactions: mechadylan

mechadylan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was really hesitant to go with Rebug for CFW, considering my prior experience with one of their spoofers and attempting to uninstall it nearly bricked my beloved CECHA.

Still though, even as a lite CFW, 4.41.2 has been very nice. As a precaution, I don't auto-sign in and run all my homebrew offline. But thankfully able to have PSN access and all that goodness. And the provided toolbox is a sort of one-stop shop for any LV1/2 patching. The fact that it seems to provide a one-step solution to enabling OtherOS is welcome. If I had a larger hard drive in the console, I'd be more willing to give it a whirl, and see if that zerogame project finally works this time.
I was really hesitant to go with ANY CFW from kmeaw just because the original process was so nerve-racking for me. I finally went with Rogero 4.30 v2.05 on 02/24/13 as it appeared to have reached a certain level of stableness and was a little more appealing to me than Rebug's 4.21.2 REX. Sure enough, about 2 weeks later, Rebug came out with 4.30.2 REX; Sony countered with OFW 4.40, etc, etc, etc.

Currently, OFW is at 4.41, Rebug is on 4.41.2 LITE, and Rogero is at 4.40 v1.05 but promises a 4.41 anytime as it was already leaked via IRC. I find it interesting that the poll started favoring Rogero, stalemated for a while, and is now showing Rebug pulling away. Personally, I have one of each and have had almost zero problems with both. I still wouldn't recommend one over the other though. I don't believe "fickle" is the right word here, but the CFW scene is definitely ever-changing and there's no telling what's around the corner.

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
Most (if not all) bricks resulting from Rebug material are because of user error. I'm sure there was nothing wrong with their spoofer and the reason you nearly bricked was because you did something wrong one way or the other.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Hi guys! :) Sorry for bringing up such a old thread, but I have just ordered my E3 flasher and Im wondering about which CFW to install :/ Right now I only have planned to use it to play PS3 and PS2 Classic games off from an external HDD, and if Im not mistaken both firmwares can do this? I also like messing a little around with my consoles and Ive heard that rebug offers some features and settings that rogero doesnt? :)

mechadylan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys! :) Sorry for bringing up such a old thread, but I have just ordered my E3 flasher and Im wondering about which CFW to install :/ Right now I only have planned to use it to play PS3 and PS2 Classic games off from an external HDD, and if Im not mistaken both firmwares can do this? I also like messing a little around with my consoles and Ive heard that rebug offers some features and settings that rogero doesnt? :)
I have still yet to be convinced that one is "better" than the other. Rogero seems to be a little quicker to release newer CFW to coincide with OFW, but also follow up with revisions as there are occasionally bugs in what some consider to be a "rush to be first" release. Rebug on the other hand, is a little more methodical in their releases and subsequently pretty bug free. There have been past instances where Rebug actually released multiple Firmware Version Spoofers that worked on all CFWs including Rogero which is classy in my opinion. As far as extra features, yeah, Rebug has way many more "bells and whistles" than Rogero. Depending on how many other users (and their ages) will be using your modded PS3, this can possibly do more harm than good; seriously something to consider. Interestingly enough, Rebug released CFW 4.41 as "LITE" only originally. The LITE version was a stripped down version that was similar to other CFWs which iirc was released while the REX and D-REX editions were still being worked on. Since then, Rebug has been releasing all 3 versions of their CFW. If playing backups is your main interest, the LITE edition or Rogero should suit your needs fine. Also, I'm pretty sure that there still isn't a way to play PS2 Classic games off an external HDD.

Reactions: mschumacher69

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
I have still yet to be convinced that one is "better" than the other. Rogero seems to be a little quicker to release newer CFW to coincide with OFW, but also follow up with revisions as there are occasionally bugs in what some consider to be a "rush to be first" release. Rebug on the other hand, is a little more methodical in their releases and subsequently pretty bug free. There have been past instances where Rebug actually released multiple Firmware Version Spoofers that worked on all CFWs including Rogero which is classy in my opinion. As far as extra features, yeah, Rebug has way many more "bells and whistles" than Rogero. Depending on how many other users (and their ages) will be using your modded PS3, this can possibly do more harm than good; seriously something to consider. Interestingly enough, Rebug released CFW 4.41 as "LITE" only originally. The LITE version was a stripped down version that was similar to other CFWs which iirc was released while the REX and D-REX editions were still being worked on. Since then, Rebug has been releasing all 3 versions of their CFW. If playing backups is your main interest, the LITE edition or Rogero should suit your needs fine. Also, I'm pretty sure that there still isn't a way to play PS2 Classic games off an external HDD.

Ahh, okay :) So coming to backups, it really doesnt matter which you take, since they both can play them then? And I guess you can play PS2 Classics off the internal HDD then? The one in my PS3 is 80GB, so that shouldn't be a problem :P

I also readt that MultiMan doesnt work on the current Rebug 4.46 REX, but it works on the LITE version, so should I just use the LITE version while it get fixed for REX and is it easy to change from LITE to REX later, or should I use a lower Rebug firmware? :)

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh, okay :) So coming to backups, it really doesnt matter which you take, since they both can play them then? And I guess you can play PS2 Classics off the internal HDD then? The one in my PS3 is 80GB, so that shouldn't be a problem :P

I also readt that MultiMan doesnt work on the current Rebug 4.46 REX, but it works on the LITE version, so should I just use the LITE version while it get fixed for REX and is it easy to change from LITE to REX later, or should I use a lower Rebug firmware? :)
That's right, BD Mirror (which is only needed for some games) still doesn't work on 4.46.1 REX.

So I would go for 4.46.1 LITE until dean updates mM. Or if u want REX from now, go for 4.41.3 REX.

Updating to the latest REX later is just a matter of putting the PUP on ur flash drive and installing it from XMB.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
That's right, BD Mirror (which is only needed for some games) still doesn't work on 4.46.1 REX.

So I would go for 4.46.1 LITE until dean updates mM. Or if u want REX from now, go for 4.41.3 REX.

Updating to the latest REX later is just a matter of putting the PUP on ur flash drive and installing it from XMB.

Can I go from 4.46.1 LITE to 4.46.1 REX too? :)

mechadylan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
+1 for Rebug 4.41.3 REX. If you want to check out the extra features on Rebug, you may as well do it sooner than later. You haven't mentioned the need to be online with your PS3 and as far as gaming goes, that is understandable. Features such as Netflix, Hulu, etc. require you to be on the latest firmware (either official, custom or spoofed) but it doesn't sound like this is the case for you either. Apologies if I am incorrect; just going by what you've posted.

Lastly, you'd be surprised how quickly that 80GB internal will fill up once on CFW. There's a handful of games that only work from the internal and they are pretty large. Although PS2 games are significantly smaller, a good size library will use up a lot of space as well. If and when you decide to use emulators, the loading time from internal vs. USB is a lot better; so yeah, there's that too.

You may consider upgrading to a larger internal hdd before you start filling up your current one so there will be less to transfer lately. If so, swapping internal hdds is very easy on Rebug; not as easy as OFW, but easier than Rogero or others (by "easier," I mean less steps with less room for error.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87...