Hacking Change order of games?

darkdenizen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its slightly bothering me that the games that I have are not in alphabetical order....is there and option to change this? I googled and couldn't find what I needed. Btw I'm using v49 (release) [thats what it says on HBC]

resincake

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes there is an option to change how your games are listed/sorted, within UsbLoader_CFG. Simply press '-' on your wiimote, as if you were gonna uninstall a game. You'll see a new menu appear, the options there are self-explanatory.

Good Luck .. :>

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmm...I can think of two reasons why that may happen:

1. it is changed in a later version. The current latest version of CFG is v56 (or v57 beta2, to be exact). You may want to update your CFG version.
smile.gif

2. you have remapped the function of the "-" key. It should be mapped to "main_menu" (check this page for all the info). The "-"-key is just the default button for that.

darkdenizen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! Turns out I just needed to update. It slightly annoys me that they don't count "the". Aka, "The Conduit" comes before "Madworld". But its cool.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
By default, Cfg uses title sort. This means that all articles ('A', 'An' and 'The') are ignored during the sort. If you want a purely alphabetical sort, add:

Code:
sort_ignore = 0

to config.txt. You can also change the list of words that are ignored by using a comma separated set of words instead of the 0. For example, the default of that option is: sort_ignore = A, An, The

You can also specifically sort your games in order using the pref_game option. The pref_game option allows you to list some games that will always appear at the top of the list. It's format is a comma separated list of 4-character IDs for the games in the order you want them to appear. This doesn't seem to be what you want, though.

Finally, the 'sort' option allows you to use entirely different sort patterns, like number of players, last time played, most often played, release date, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    today is the 7th anniversary of Captain Underpants, which was actually a surprisingly good movie
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's been around since I was in elementary
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, i recall watching it on fox
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Who watches FOX nowadays? Only reason to get alt-right viewers interested.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that was like when i was 10
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, We didn't have FOX Kids over here, back then it was Jetix.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Similar to FOX Kids. I remember when Sonic X aired.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the latin american fox feed doesnt air news, it airs movies and tv shows
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ah, I see.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i wasnt even born when fox kids/jetix was alive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also a couple years ago latin american fox got renamed to star channel
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry
    i thought you didnt read the last couple messages before quoting you agin
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ah sonic x, that show is valid
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (of course the mf with a sonic pfp would say that 😭)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you are not dumb or stupid, you need to stop saying that, you are very smart, even about alot of things I have no clue about. We all love you here, like a big family.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah @BigOnYa love me so much he started yelling at me for having my shoes on in the bed when he caught me with his wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, I don't want mud crumbs in my bed, and btw you left without paying your tab. Ill add it to next month but getting tired of extending.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hope silent hill 2 turns out good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen that, hope so too, the first was so epic back then.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Didn't look into much is it just a remake
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing drive me crazy is all these new horror games nowadays is its so dark, all time. I can't even play them. I understand they trying to create spooky but be creative a little, not just darkness with pop out scare scenes.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, either that or mascot horror
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, either that or mascot horror