Changing Japanese vWii language to English?

Mythic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just ordered a Japanese Wii U, because it was the only one I'll be able to afford for likely almost a year. I found a way to change the Wii U menu language, but I can't find a way to change the vWii language. Is there a way to do this? If not, will games on WiiFlow/USBLoaderGX display in English?

Ysecond

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I have used it and successfully modified the Japanese vwii to the english version.
There's no need to worry about brick vwii at all, because Gary's vWii Decaffeinator can save it.
By the way, this is just my experience, if you want to try, please make a backup first.

Mythic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That’s great! Can you show me a step by step guide on how to do it? I know you said not to worry about bricking it, I’m just worried that someone else did.
Post automatically merged:

I have used it and successfully modified the Japanese vwii to the english version.
There's no need to worry about brick vwii at all, because Gary's vWii Decaffeinator can save it.
By the way, this is just my experience, if you want to try, please make a backup first.
Could you tell me what to modify on the file with SettingsEdit? Thank you.

Last edited by Mythic,

Ysecond

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Do you know what I would change JPN to if I live in the USA?
My console region is Japan, I have modified two positions,vwii becomes the english interface,I'm not sure if this is the right, the best way, but it worked:

1.png2.jpg3.jpg

You need to obtain setting.txt through FTP (Like FTPiiU-Everywhere), It is located in /slccmpt01/title/00000001/00000002/data/setting.txt. After completing SettingEdit editing, upload to the same location. Please backup the original setting.txt files.

Last edited by Ysecond,

Mythic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My console region is Japan, I have modified two positions,vwii becomes the english interface,I'm not sure if this is the right, the best way, but it worked:

View attachment 423646View attachment 423647View attachment 423648

You need to obtain setting.txt through FTP (Like FTPiiU-Everywhere), It is located in /slccmpt01/title/00000001/00000002/data/setting.txt. After completing SettingEdit editing, upload to the same location. Please backup the original setting.txt files.
Thank you so much! Once my Wii remote arrives, I will definitely try this. Although, I did some additional research, and it seems that if you do this on a regular Wii, it causes issues with accessing the settings. Have you noticed any issues by doing this on your Wii U?

Ysecond

Trophies
XP
Country
China
it causes issues with accessing the settings.
I'll test again, you're right. Perhaps there are other unknown issues.

Have you noticed any issues by doing this on your Wii U?
I have regained the 'Wii Options'
After completing SettingEdit ,go to vWii Decaffeinator,Advanced options,set Wii Menu Manual & System menu <yes>.
then update the system.
If you are interested, please backup first.

Last edited by Ysecond,

PGSK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
I'll test again, you're right. Perhaps there are other unknown issues.

I have regained the 'Wii Options'
After completing SettingEdit ,go to vWii Decaffeinator,Advanced options,set Wii Menu Manual & System menu <yes>.
then update the system.
If you are interested, please backup first.
Wait so do you have to use SettingEdit then vWii Decaffeinator and then do a system update for the language change to apply, or is simply editing the values in SettingEdit the way you posted earlier enough?

I'm trying to change my vWii's language from English to Japanese to see if my Japanese Super Mario Galaxy discs are gonna be able to launch, since the way I got them working on my regular Wii was by language changing it to Japanese, so I would assume the same should work on the vWii as well. (yes I know there are easier ways to do that btw but it's mainly for romhacks with Riivolution, rather than just playing the vanilla games)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh boy psi posted a ltt video +1