Emulation Gaming Hardware changing microsd frequently on the switch is harmful to the reader?

jedinegao

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I had a 128gb micro sd and I upgraded to a 256gb one, with the launch of android for the V2/Oled models I thought about putting android on my 128gb microsd, since I didn't use it for anything. I wanted to ask here if I continue using 2 micro sd can there be a problem with the microsd reader or is it resistant in this regard? Can anyone tell me if this will somehow be harmful to my console's hardware?

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Short answer Yes!

Quite few people having reader connector pin broken issue due to only one screw at one side holding entire reader. The more you inject+eject the higher chance you went into this situation. Not to mention the reader contact pin would wear out as well(but not major failure point IMO)

Reactions: jedinegao

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I had a 128gb micro sd and I upgraded to a 256gb one, with the launch of android for the V2/Oled models I thought about putting android on my 128gb microsd, since I didn't use it for anything. I wanted to ask here if I continue using 2 micro sd can there be a problem with the microsd reader or is it resistant in this regard? Can anyone tell me if this will somehow be harmful to my console's hardware?
Yeah, the connector between the reader and the board (for lite and v1/2) is flimsy, so put and remove the card will break the connector, better to use Hekate's NYX UMS tool to convert your console on a SD Card reader.

The most common damage of the consoles is loosen pins of connectors and the consequent 1-bit access.

jedinegao

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Short answer Yes!

Quite few people having reader connector pin broken issue due to only one screw at one side holding entire reader. The more you inject+eject the higher chance you went into this situation. Not to mention the reader contact pin would wear out as well(but not major failure point IMO)
so I'll have to partition my 256 gb one to put android on it then

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one