Apple Channel 4 News freakin stupid!

Chaz.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I was channel 4 news last night after The Simpsons, obviously I couldnt record or find a link, but I was intrigued and watched it never thinking.

The reporter showed Comex' jailbreak on a imitation iphone and said that the jailbreak is costing developers money because it allows the person download paid apps for free. That is wrong. It's the third party apps that all the paid apps to be free. I was annoyed but carried on watching. It went on to a developer who made an app and has 20% of its users not paying, yeah I felt a bit sorry for him, but he cant blame the jailbreak for it. Blame the third party apps.

They also did some interviews, one against the jailbreak and one that wasn't, The one against said "My iPhone just works, so I have no need." The one for said "It's to get back at apple. iOS does not give the user enough customization and leaving some of the best things that make a phone out of it."

My view, being that I have an iPod Touch 1g, is because I am one of the people to stick with apple from the start and I feel cheated out of my money now that they dropped development for it, so I'm getting back at them and the developers who have now forgotten about the loyal 1g Touch and 2g iPhone users.

What do you think on the whole jailbreaking? And Channel 4s response? I'm 18 on 20th september and getting the 4, but I still feel cheated out of the great apps I have missed out on with my iTouch 1g. BTW, trolls that say "get a job. Buy a new one" Can F off. I recieved it as a gift and do not want to upgrade.

Chaz.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I do, but not when they are blaming the jailbreak. It;s not that, its the apps that people can install.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I hate when people think that jailbreaking = piracy. I have a friend who is convinced jailbreaking is illegal. When I asked him why he said "How could getting apps you're supposed to pay for for free not be illegal?". Personally I don't own any iOS device, but if I did, I'd almost definitely jailbreak it, because of how closed the iOS is. With stuff like Android and Web OS (OS on Palm devices like the Pre), you can easily load your own apps, and the devs are happy for you to do this. On a computer, if you couldn't run whatever you wanted, you'd be pretty annoyed, so why settle for the same on a phone?

shango46

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah... Jailbreaking allows the iPhone to be used on another carrier and installs Cydia (if you choose to). Doing this does not allow for pirated apps. You have to unlock the phone with a program like Ultrasn0w and then install an app called AppSync through Cydia before you can download the apps on your computer and put them on the iPhone. Cydia even notifies you that AppSync is a tool used to pirate apps and does not recommend using it. It is nothing to do with jailbreaking devices. Sure wish the news new what they were talking about.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
The media gets all these things wrong. Can't you just accept that?
Indirectly the jailbreak DOES cost developers money as it unlocks the possibility of piracy. The Media just takes it down to the lowest common denominator: The Jailbreak

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
This makes me want an iPod Touch just so I can jailbreak it and start pirating apps on it. XD

If they think Jailbreaking = Piracy, then I'd rather go with what they think than what is the truth, just so I don't have to fucking go in circles trying to tell them that Jailbreaking =/= Piracy when they won't listen.

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you think Apple cares if you or anyone using an older device is loyal? They don't. They stop supporting older devices to, in a way, force the owners to buy the newer models. That way, people with a little more money end up owning quite a few gens and devices. Apple's in it for money, not customer satisfaction.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
^no duh. i thought everyone knew that. it just makes me pissed that i bought a brand new ipod touch 2 months ago and i cannot return it to get this brand new one that i can't afford because the cheapest model costs $230 and i only have $125 in my wallet. Dang you stupid *****es

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, FarCry 5 is an awesome game with multiple endings!