Microsoft allows the Phone Link app for Windows 11 to work with iPhones

rcpd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you read that correctly. Apparently Microsoft has figured out how to send and receive calls and text messages from an iPhone using the Phone Link app. Previously, this was only possible to do with Android devices, but since February Microsoft has been testing this feature on the Windows 11 Insider Preview rings.

It is supposed to roll out to Windows 11 standard by May of this year.

I tested it today. It works alright. There are a few caveats that may or may not get worked out. One of the major ones I don’t understand is the “blue bubbles” part. Apparently the Phone Link does send iMessage messages as iMessage messages, but all texts will show “grey” in the Phone Link app. But that isn’t the worst part. You cannot view or send photos or videos using the Phone Link app if it’s connected to an iPhone. And worse, you will have no access to message history in the Phone Link app, unless the conversation stays in the Phone Link app. What I mean is that previous texts history will not import, and if you start a conversation on the Phone Link app, the messages show on your phone and the Phone Link app, but if you then switch to the iPhone to continue the conversation, that history will not forward to the Phone Link app.

Still, it’s nice to see this feature being worked on by anyone other than Apple.

Source: https://blogs.windows.com/windows-i...ne-users-on-windows-11-with-windows-insiders/

Thoughts?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up