person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cfcd.png

This is just a simple program/batch file that I made which creates a forwarder dol that loads a channel, as opposed to the more common forwarder channel that loads a dol.

I am not sure how many people will use this, but it may come in handy for someone.

It basically just hex edits a base dol file, so that it loads whatever channel the user wants.

To use it it is very simple, just start up the exe, and then wait for the popup asking what the titleID of the channel you want to load is.
There are 2 things you can enter here. One is the 4 character ascii title ID (ex. HAXX)
The othere is the hex value of the channel, seperating each byte with a comma (ex. AF,1B,F5,16)
Once done, the dol file is saved to the same directory as the exe.

More Advanced Stuff
By default, the program automatically sets the first half of the title ID to 00010001. This is fine for most titles, but for some titles (such as system titles) it needs to be something else. As of v0.2, the program will automatically detect system titles, and use 00010002 instead, but if you want it to use a different number you can. When it askes you what title ID you want to use, enter whatever you want like normal, but then at the end add either " -force 0001000X" or " -force X" (ex. " -force 00010008" and " -force 8" would both force the first half of the title ID to be 00010008)

NOTE: I am sure there are plenty of bugs, but it seams to be working fine for me (on windows 7 64-bit)

Download: Channel Forwarder Creator v0.2

Changelog
v0.2
-Added support for forcing the first half of the title ID to something other than 00010001
-Added detection of system titles and automatically forcing them to use 00010002
-The app now shows the version number
-other small changes

v0.1
-initial release

Credits
Hexalter: kuwanger (http://www.kuwanger.net/misc/hexalter.shtml)
Ascii2All.bat: www.batchlog.pytalhost.com
Base dol source: giantpune (http://goo.gl/auD7H)

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
person66

great job man

i like your idea and it works great for me

i myself am moding bluedump:
-TO DO: COMPLETE
-full filesystem dump 15%
-individual files/folder dump 25%
- full file system install from sd or usb 10%
-individual files/folder install 5%
-works with only one device or two at a time but not all three 75%
--list of combinations: 100%
---(sd/usb) ( sd/usbuneek) (sd) (usb) usbuneek) soon(sneek 100%

-yes uneek compatible (sneek coming soon) 45%
-sneek folder/file reading/writing 34%
-multiple nand support (ex. folder struct nand/blah/nand folders) started
-multiple di configurations (ex.. s/uneek format .wbfs 20%
-ideal for custom features ??? you will have to wait for a beta to tesr out custom features

havent really thought much past this list since is going to be a awhile foe me to get all this done
if any one wants to check out the program pm me ill send you a link to the .dol

ill appreciate any feed back

ill make a post soon for the mod LOOK for BlueDumpMOD

again nice work person66 you are getting better at this just like me
thats awesome well back to working this thing out
i am rewring a bunch of the code so see you all soon

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
You could swipe the code from boot opera that falls back to a second, then 3rd channel if they are not found.
This makes the channels all regions, (if you put the 3 regions in).
Or it can fall back to another channel altogether (don't know why this would be useful for most) I made one for someone recently that loaded a channel and if that channel wasn't installed it loaded a wad manager type app.

If you do decide to do more with it, maybe a bat file that runs wimms tools and puts the dol in an iso for using with loaders would be a big bonus for some.

Anyway, thanks for sharing
smile.gif

Thought it would be worth pointing out too, that this only uses half the id afaik and the first half will always be "00010001" so this can only make dols that forward to SYSTEM channels, not WiiWare/VC.

Just now it's "System Channel Forwarder Creator"

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Following on from Slimmmmmm, you should add the ability to edit the lower title ID (i.e. the first half) so you can load WW and VC, and also load hidden channels (this "should" theoretically allow people to hide channels they don't want visible on SM, but still allow them to load). [Hidden channels have a lower title ID of 0x00010008, dumping a channel to WAD and changing the title ID should be relatively simple]

person66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Slimmmmmm said:
You could swipe the code from boot opera that falls back to a second, then 3rd channel if they are not found.
This makes the channels all regions, (if you put the 3 regions in).
Or it can fall back to another channel altogether (don't know why this would be useful for most) I made one for someone recently that loaded a channel and if that channel wasn't installed it loaded a wad manager type app.

If you do decide to do more with it, maybe a bat file that runs wimms tools and puts the dol in an iso for using with loaders would be a big bonus for some.

Anyway, thanks for sharing
smile.gif

Thought it would be worth pointing out too, that this only uses half the id afaik and the first half will always be "00010001" so this can only make dols that forward to SYSTEM channels, not WiiWare/VC.

Just now it's "System Channel Forwarder Creator"
Actually it is the other way around, system channels are 00010002, wiiware, VC, and (most) homebrew stuf is all 00010001 (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Title_database#000...System_channels)
So as of now, this can't forward to system channels, but should forward to nearly everything else
I am planning on adding the feature to change that in the near future, though.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
great work on this! Nice to see some sweet work by a fellow batch file coder!

hexalter is awesome, I can't believe how easy it makes hex editing, u should see the complex way I coded hex editing in ModMii! lol, almost makes me laugh. Anyways, I'll definitely be adding it to my arsenal sometime in the future, and there's a lot of your work I could learn from to improve and add stuff to ModMii, I hope that's cool with you! In either case I don't have time to do anything other than save it in my "todo" folder for now, but keep up the great work!

Reactions: Zorg07

person66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the positive feedback everyone, I just updated this to 0.2, now you can force it to change the first half of the title ID, and it will also detect system channels and automatically use 00010002 (uless you tell it to use something different).
This hould allow the program to forward to any channel, whether they be VC/Wiiware, system, hidden, or something else.

See the first post for more details.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Great stuff. I never expected this app to get an update tbh so I'm cheesy it did.

I've got a feeling there is more to come of this
wink.gif

Justin, this doesn't conflict with Xflak. He could have these things too, but he already does a lot. The X can of course make life simple and just grab this app with modmii as I'm sure now that this will get updates and improve a little more.

@ Xflak (cause I know you read EVERYTHING) share the work
wink.gif

Reactions: XFlak

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
JoostinOnline said:
Nice. Pretty soon this will be more popular than ModMii.

Btw, watch your back. I don't think XFlak will like the competition.
wink.gif

I thrive under pressure
wink.gif
lol

but seriously, nothing wrong with a little friendly competition, all it'll do is push our super awesome batch file coding skills to their limits, lol, u can't be a batch file coder and not laugh at yourself every now and then, lol

It's funny this app went public when it did, at the suggestion of Slimmmmmmm, I had decided to add custom dol building to ModMii not 30 minutes before this was released, lol. But yea, I have my own ideas for my dol builder. I'm more than happy to share them with person66 or anyone else privately, but I don't want to say anything publicly cuz I don't like getting ppl's hopes up in case I can't deliver. Unfortunately, I'm so busy IRL right now, I doubt I'll even be able to start investigating this for a few weeks.

Slimmmmmm said:
Great stuff. I never expected this app to get an update tbh so I'm cheesy it did.

I've got a feeling there is more to come of this
wink.gif

Justin, this doesn't conflict with Xflak. He could have these things too, but he already does a lot. The X can of course make life simple and just grab this app with modmii as I'm sure now that this will get updates and improve a little more.
lol, being called "the X" is starting to grow on me, I wonder if I should change my name from "XFlak" to "The X", lol... nah, I hate change, lol

There are actually a lot of PC apps (including this one) that deserve to be added ModMii when I find time, CRAP, Customize Mii, ShowMiiWads, ThemeMii, etc.

QUOTE(Slimmmmmm @ Jun 28 2011, 12:08 AM)
@ Xflak (cause I know you read EVERYTHING) share the work
wink.gif
Awwwwwwww, do I HAVE to?
tongue.gif

...and it's sad, I do read EVERYTHING (@ least in the Wii hacking section)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2