Not open for further replies.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will not be pleased if this gets closed, but Chary said that I could talk to her when I was feeling down, after I asked to be banned for two weeks. she said she saw it in the mod logs. I needed to talk with her, and obviously she's not completely absent if she can respond to a totk review. that makes me incredibly upset. I already mentioned in several posts that what's pissed me off in the scenes is being treated like I was nothing, like on both place and repack. I came here for the same reasons as those two places, I came here because you all believed in me. my goal was to make the site or sites as good as they could be. I'm sorry if you don't see that. just ban me if you feel like I've caused problems. this is the reasons why I feel like quitting. why did I even devote this sort of time if no one cares? that's how some of you have made me feel. if this is closed, I won't bother the site anymore.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm giving you this response, purely out of respect for all that you've done for the site.

I'm sorry if my lack of reply to any messages has upset you, but I'd like that you consider the situation from my perspective, too. As a woman on a gaming site, I've dealt with a lot of men that start out friendly, and then immediately dive head first into a confession of love or a crush or any other para-socially derived emotions. That then ALWAYS, and I genuinely mean always, turns into a situation in which I'm left with someone threatening me with "please feel the same way, or I'll kill myself!" or "screw you, I never liked you anyway! I'm gonna dox you!" or whatever horrendous fallout that has occurred in the past. These threads are starting to harken to that, even.

That is not to say that I think that you were going to do that, but on my part, I need to keep a distance from ANY similar situations that may arise. It's not you, it's me, etc. However, it seems in my trying to avoid that, I've caused an altogether dramatic outburst in the opposite direction. And I'm sorry for that. But you need to calm down and take a moment, maybe off the internet, or maybe just some time to have some introspection. Because these continuing threads are hard to watch, from everyone's perspective. You, as a member of this site have contributed a lot of hard work and help. That is undeniable. But for my own sake, and all the other past instances that have NEVER gone well, I think it's understandable for me to have a reaction of walking away from that kind of situation entirely. I wish the best for you, genuinely.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
1684136984657.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste