Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 318366

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why can't we have chat rooms on gbatemp? And i'm not talking about irc chat or that sort of thing, i'm talking about "REAL" chat rooms like mocospace has for each topic, a chat room just for gamers, movies and tv, anime, religion and all the alike where you can talk about those specific topics. Hey it's not the most brilliant i've ever had. it's just a "Suggestion" ...

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
I never use it so i wouldn't know...

everything you want can be found on IRC. the only inconvenience is that it isn't directly integrated as a pop-up. you'll either need to use the add-on gbatemp provides or install a separate IRC client. not everyone uses IRC, so you won't get involved in community wide discussions about a certain topic. based on your concerns this may be the reason you do not try it.

http://gbatemp.net/dynamic/gbatemp-chatroom.62/

here are the most basic of IRC commands:
/join #channel (enters a channel, channels are "chat rooms" on irc. channel names must have the # sign before them. #love #hate #gbatemp.net, etc)
/part #channel (closes an active channel)
/nickserv help (to learn how to register and maintain a nickname/handle)
/chanserv help (to learn how to register and maintain a channel)

~, %, @ before a name means the nick has powers to do administrative things. the things you'll want to be concerned with are kicking and banning from the channel or the server as a whole. as long as you don't act up you won't have to worry about this.
+ before a name means the nick is recognized for one reason or another. adding "voice" to the nick also gives them the power to chat in a moderated channel.

give it a try.

-another world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Nvm i didnt "hear", it's a truth +1