Checking whether this software can be played

AngelisDania

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
EDIT: Looks like NXDUMPTOOL might possibly be the cause of this, although I still don’t know how it would stop other games from working (ones it wasn’t used to dump), or how to go about repairing the issue.

Weird behaviour I've not been able to find the root cause of. Updating/replacing sigpatches with latest doesn't fix it. Other similar threads on this are different issues.
I'm using a V1 with current Atmosphere+Hekate.

After installing Wolfenstein II, sitting through a chunk of the opening story, then exiting, suddenly all of my other games don't run anymore. When launching a game, I get the message "Checking whether this software can be played", then because I've blocked Nintendo servers, it just errors out. If I unblock Nintendo servers, I get some additional message I can't recall exactly, and the game still does not run.

If I delete a game (without deleting save data), then reinstall it, it will run. I've got over 160 games installed though, and it will be a bit of a pain to slug through an uninstall/reinstall of each one, so was just wondering if anyone may have come across a similar issue before, and was there any fix that worked?

Thanks.

Last edited by AngelisDania,
Reactions: Thorhax

gamba66

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes. Does the game work for you on your first install?

For some reason the game ticket deletes if you reboot. It's classed as only a temporary ticket when it should be permanent. You need to export/dump the ticket using DBI installer after a fresh install and if the ticket ever deletes you simply use DBI and browse to the ticket backup
and install it anytime it doesn't work OR use Tinfoil and select "Install ticket only" from the game NSP

I deleted 40k but I'll test it tomorrow see if it works for that game too.
Doesnt even work on the first install snd the ticket install makes no difference

Always asks to turn off airplane mode and when its off it says no linked account even though i used linkalho

Appreciate your help brother

0ver_flow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You suppose to link an fake account to linkalho.
People here never suggest to use tinfoil to link a Nintendo account.
Why? Linkalho and Tinfoil fake link are like 95% the same thing. I've seen Tinfoil work for people who said Linkalho didn't work for them, and vice versa.

As for dumping RomFS, I'd recommend DBI for that as I have had NXDumpTool give me invalid dumps (of RomFS AND package dumps). NxFileViewer also works if you can manage to get a valid dump from the console, but DBI will let you straight up dump the RomFS FROM the console to PC.

The only thing that I can think of that would cause NXDumpTool to delete tickets or make games unplayable is SD corruption (possibly from exFAT), but from the sounds of it not everyone had the issue due to NXDumpTool and FAT32 didn't solve the problem for everyone.

AngelisDania

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The only thing that I can think of that would cause NXDumpTool to delete tickets or make games unplayable is SD corruption (possibly from exFAT), but from the sounds of it not everyone had the issue due to NXDumpTool and FAT32 didn't solve the problem for everyone.
Yes, my card is FAT32 formatted and I had this happen to all my installed games after using NXDumpTool, so there is some explanation we’re missing. I don’t think it’s corruption in my case anyway, as reinstalling a game will fix it every time.

0ver_flow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reinstalling the game being a makeshift fix actually very much can be because of corruption, believe it or not. Not to say that your situation was corruption. I've just seen a lot of similar situations that did indeed end up being due to corruption. On top of that, it seems others are having a similar issue to you even without the use of NXDumpTool.

Wilber_Puyol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I used NX File Viewer on PC instead. Works PERFECT.

https://github.com/Myster-Tee/NxFileViewer

Just link the "prod key" file in settings and then literally drag and drop the game and that's it. You can view all the goodie content inside. Like this beta hud reaction sheet :O
wow thanks man! i'm trying to mod the game using the romfs but it does't change anything in game, i don't know if i need to repack the PAK file or not, it's confusing for me right now.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
wow thanks man! i'm trying to mod the game using the romfs but it does't change anything in game, i don't know if i need to repack the PAK file or not, it's confusing for me right now.
Yeah on pc you can just drag and drop .paks for mods. But I think that on switch you will have to get a pak editing tool on pc, open the mods Pak's and then copy over whatevers in there to the main pak0.pak file from the game. Extract that, copy new stuff over, zip it all up and then have that in your romfs.

Which sucks cus pak0.pak is 3gb. But some mods are literally only 100kb like the red healthpack icon mod.

Reactions: Wilber_Puyol

Thorhax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok so, I'm fairly convinced that Quake 2 has corrupted my emuMMC. I'm getting insanely low speeds and on transfers over dbi now. 8mytes/sec on usb3, used to be 40mbytes/sec.
Also my emummc failed to boot sometimes now. Well actually most of the time.
I have taken the sd card out and put it into my pc for testing and it comes back clean and with fast read/write speeds. I testing moving data back and forth between my sd card and system memory in stock OFW, it goes fast. Like 3 gigabytes of mario maker2 transfers in less than 2minutes...
I had absolutely no problems before I installed quake2... like WTF
Post automatically merged:

I was able to fix my emuMMC by refreshing Atmosphere

Last edited by Thorhax,
Reactions: Wilber_Puyol

gamba66

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I got quake 2 running thanks to @Purple_Shyguy
I updated sig patches and installed the base game again with update

But when I restart the ticket is deleted, just as he mentioned. A little bit annoying but it can be circumvented using the ticket export. Is there no way to set the ticket to permanent?

I just tested 40k Boltgun and that one has exactly the same issue as quake 2.

I mean, there must be a way to make the ticket permanent right?
Post automatically merged:

I do not have issues with quake 2
try rebooting the switch and it wont work anymore due to to ticket being temporary

Last edited by gamba66,
Reactions: Purple_Shyguy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    N @ NoiseCommander3DS: @AncientBoi Apologies