Christmas Nintendo Gigaleak reportedly contains Mariko BootRom source code and Let's Go beta

d.png

Merry Christmas, GBAtemp! Today may be a very Merry Christmas for those that like to dig into leaked data, as the latest files from the ongoing Gigaleak--part 8, to be exact--have made their way online, supposedly. According to those who have already gotten their hands on the illegally-obtained files, within the .zips lurks a beta build for Pokemon: Let's Go Eevee as well as a major bit of data: the source code for the Mariko BootRom, with classified files straight from NVIDIA. As always, sharing these files is against GBAtemp's ToS, but feel free to discuss them!

ClickCLK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Bottrom source code is interesting, but it's not necessary will lead to a bootrom exploit. To exploit something you'll need functions that have issues that can be exploited. Since bootrom is not a very big program (comparing to the whole os/firmware) and Mariko was developed to patch previously exploited vulnerabilities its very possible that it won't have such exploitable functions. If this is the case then source code will not help with developing such exploits.
In another words this can be very useful, or can be not.

Reactions: DarkMatterCore

OblivionReign

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
GOSH Nintendo, can't you stop having leaks for 5 seconds? I just want to watch It's A Wonderful Life in peace!!!
These were all stolen a long time ago from Nintendo all at once it just slowly being let out... nothing nintendo can do... they had over a terabyte of data stolen

Reactions: Red771

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The question is......did nintendo/ Nvidia knew that the first (non mariko) revision has a huge flaw in security?.....i mean that mariko document is from 2016

Reactions: Kioku

cashboxz01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you exploit binaries not source code. this doesn't really get us anything we didn't already know.
Perhaps, but even with a chip required, at the very least, the source code allows a full custom firmware on it. Like:
  • Being able to tap the full hardware potential on homebrew
  • Easier recovery mode.
  • Completely eliminating the need for any keys whatsoever.
  • Brick proof.
  • Being able to spoof serials to get online.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am amazed they have a beta of the Lets Go Pokemon games, those are not that old.
Using Lets Go games as a base for rom hacks would be insane lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The question is......did nintendo/ Nvidia knew that the first (non mariko) revision has a huge flaw in security?.....i mean that mariko document is from 2016
it's likely they already gave schematics to the manufacturer, and it was already in production. any major revision would have to be cost justified, as the manufacturer is contracted to make the same exact thing as the schematics they're given at the beginning. they can't just come up with a revision after a month.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, if I wanted to give my hacked Switch more oomph in the battery department, I'd just use the Gulikit battery I got for the one I already have.

Sure, maybe Switch Lites can be hacked now, but those still aren't small enough to be pocketable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Work for freedom yeah douche