Hacking Cios rev20 will come in September if Spain loses

bros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I really enjoy waninkoko work.

I use only his cios release since the rev 14 but i'm also disapointed with the ios relaod fix for usb ..
I really hope he will fix it une rev21 or maybe, i can dream a little and he give us a rev20b
smile.gif
smile.gif

waninkoko

Trophies
XP
Country
After some work I can safely say IOS reload block for USB loading is just impossible. Well, it's possible but I would like to see all the problems that would happen lol (random crashes, discs not loading...). IOS reload block for DVD was harder than expected...

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yatesl said:
*Furiously burns Metroid to a DVD*

I clearly remember playing the trilogy from disc and it working 100%. Menus, difficulty level, and everything else.
No idea which cIOS version or NeoGamma version I was using at the time.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
D34DL1N3R said:
yatesl said:

I clearly remember playing the trilogy from disc and it working 100%. Menus, difficulty level, and everything else.
Softmod or Hardmod?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soft.

Edit: If I remember correctly I had patched the iso to 249 prior to burning. I may be wrong though, but I'm pretty sure that's what I did.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have never installed either of those two. It was definitely the trilogy. I'm going to look for my posts on another forum to see if I can find the info.

Edit: Here's my post from another forum on 29 August 2009.

QUOTE said:
To get this working on a soft-modded Wii via disc and NO need for alt.dols:

Patch image to 249 with IOS Patcher 1.1
Burn with layer break of 2084960
Load with NeoGamma r7

The only other thing is to NOT use cIOS r14 as it breaks dual layer support. I'm using 13b and it works flawlessly.

I'm currently working on trying to make a dvd5 of only the 1st two games that can be played using the same method but can also use cIOS r14.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
D34DL1N3R said:
yatesl said:

You need to replace the IOS the game wants with a cIOS. It's IOS53 or 55 i think.

QUOTE(D34DL1N3R @ Jul 23 2010, 12:48 AM)
Soft.

Edit: If I remember correctly I had patched the iso to 249 prior to burning. I may be wrong though, but I'm pretty sure that's what I did.

This should result in a 002 error after loading the episode you want. I'm not sure if Wanin's IOS Reload block fixes 002 error, or if loader can be changed to get rif of 002 error on IOS Reloading 002 games.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
-triiforce mrc isn't compatible with rev18 or 19, but it will be with rev20 (marc_max already released a 'rev20 compatible' version some months back)
-a reworked installer so you can install the different base IOS'es into different slots (so no more hassling with bluebump and MMM to use different flavors for cIOS249 and 250)
-block IOS reload for DVD's (mentioned a page earlier)

That's all I know. There's no official feature release or version history so far.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
panmusic said:
Are there any advantages to use rev20 over rev19?Is any new feature announced yet?

The nand emu should work a lot more stable. If it really does, loaders that use savegames on emulated nand could be really considered. Other than that, well, Waninkoko said something about fixing some bugs, and at least one that should have decreased the IOS' speed.

QUOTE(Wever @ Jul 23 2010, 01:22 PM) -triiforce mrc isn't compatible with rev18 or 19, but it will be with rev20 (marc_max already released a 'rev20 compatible' version some months back)
-a reworked installer so you can install the different base IOS'es into different slots (so no more hassling with bluebump and MMM to use different flavors for cIOS249 and 250)
-block IOS reload for DVD's (mentioned a page earlier)

That's all I know. There's no official feature release or version history so far.

Don't forget the easter egg.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one