Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

AnonAnon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to get updates on the progress of the emulator? I love stuff like this:

Found a new game that boots while testing a bunch of stuff: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity.

Edit: After testing this in a build which incorporates the changes from neobrain's pica_progress2 branch, the circle is red, as it should be, and it also properly fades in.
ThsBHfl.png

And it would be great to see the emulator improve over time with monthly reports (i.e. "January 2015 - Zelda now runs at 2 frames per second instead of one! And the lighting isn't completely pitch black anymore!)

Could you do this? Monthly reports would bring a lot of popularity to the project and help it grow much more. People love to see progress.

Reactions: filfat and Gericom

neobrain

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way to get updates on the progress of the emulator? I love stuff like this:
(snip)
You can like us on Facebook, which should keep you updated with milestones that we reach, although we usually post the major advances on gbatemp as well (.. where it gets lost due to people asking if they can play Pokemon X, yet).
Other than that, feel free to visit our Freenode IRC chan to follow technical discussions.

And it would be great to see the emulator improve over time with monthly reports (i.e. "January 2015 - Zelda now runs at 2 frames per second instead of one! And the lighting isn't completely pitch black anymore!)

Could you do this? Monthly reports would bring a lot of popularity to the project and help it grow much more. People love to see progress.
We're sort of planning to do this, but someone of us would need to set up a blogging infrastructure, which usually feels like a waste of time compared to fixing bugs. That said, regular blogging is expected to happen, eventually.[/url]

AnonAnon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link to Your New Blog:
http://citraemu.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the quick response. I'm willing to help you get a jumpstart on this so I sent you and bunnei the login details for the blogspot. It's a great blog source because it's well connected and people can independently have updates sent anywhere they want (you don't have to do anything). I already set it all up. All you need to do is update the blog every so often, which shouldn't be a problem.

Looking forward to seeing some updates! Have fun!

P.S. Let me know if you need anything: Templates for blog posts so all you have to do is fill it out, better design, etc. I'm happy to help.

D

Deleted User

I just donated $5, this emulator seems to be making great progress, props to you guys for getting oot3d to boot, I hope my donation helps and I cant wait to see more!

Sharpastic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey hey! Just made a new account to say that I've been following Citra ever since it was announced here on gbatemp. It really is astonishing how much progress you've made in such a short amount of time, something I wouldn't have thought possible. Keep doing what you're doing! Can't wait to see where this is in a year or two!

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Citra > 3dmoo

Eh, they both borrow code from eachother quite often, I'm willing to bet that 3dmoo is just as far ifnot almost to the same point. I personally prefer 3dmoo because it's doesn't crash as much on Linux and it's the only emulator (the last time I checked) which displays CitrAGB properly.

Reactions: filfat

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the video, I'm assuming that the black coloring where a flat graphic is meant to be transparent is a slight emulation issue, but what about the other odd colors, like the red shown on the ladders? Is it the same as the transparency, or a reference for development or something?

Reactions: Hiccup

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
cant run any homebrews with my build.they are snake 3ds,pong and 3dnes.the 3dnes uses .3ds extension and the rest are launcher.dat files

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    57.3 KB · Views: 599

neobrain

-
Trophies
XP
Country
cant run any homebrews with my build.they are snake 3ds,pong and 3dnes.the 3dnes uses .3ds extension and the rest are launcher.dat files
Launcher.dat files are ROP chains (... or something like that, anyway) used with the mset exploit. You need to use actual executable files for Citra instead - i.e. .3dsx, .elf, etc...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, I might resume using gdevelop