Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

RichardLaughter_

Trophies
XP
I don't think there will be too many public news for a while. We're making progress slowly on the "boring" stuff (blindly implementing services, fixing up our debugger widgets, ...), but there's not really much we can test on unless a way to dump+decrypt games appears sometime soon.

That could be a while. QQ

LF<Elite Haxor!

TN_133t-haxor.jpg

who shall fill this shirt?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
you can ask st4rk, he has access to the arm9 file functions and in turn access to the rom data.

Off-topic: How do you decrypt ROMs? Do you just tell the system to decrypt it?
Is it possible to do something similar for the NAND?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I would imagine so just pass the file through the aes system and output the decrypted data, that's assuming you know how it all works XD

I was asking smea if it might be possible to create a downgrader using the 7.x exploit by doing it the other way around and getting a decrypted 4.x dump encrypted by the 7.x exploit to make a valid 4.x dump for a console that didn't previously have one, he said he wasn't sure if it would be possible using the new exploit but, but again I don't know any technical details of any of this stuff but though it sounded somewhat possible assuming the new exploit has the potential to pass a file through the aes engine in user mode, then again I could just be a big idiot who doesn't understand in the slightest about what would and wouldn't be possible XD

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I would imagine so just pass the file through the aes system and output the decrypted data, that's assuming you know how it all works XD

I was asking smea if it might be possible to create a downgrader using the 7.x exploit by doing it the other way around and getting a decrypted 4.x dump encrypted by the 7.x exploit to make a valid 4.x dump for a console that didn't previously have one, he said he wasn't sure if it would be possible using the new exploit but, but again I don't know any technical details of any of this stuff but though it sounded somewhat possible assuming the new exploit has the potential to pass a file through the aes engine in user mode, then again I could just be a big idiot who doesn't understand in the slightest about what would and wouldn't be possible XD

Interesting... I didn't know you can do that in usermode.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Interesting... I didn't know you can do that in usermode.
I did say "assuming" I don't know :) but there is going to be some levels of communication between apps an the kernel, whist you might not have control of the kernel I imagine it might be possible to at least communicate with it to a degree, but as I said I am in no way saying I have any In depth knowledge of anything, just random thoughts of a random guy on the internet XD, it could be a ridiculous notion and completely impossible, I simply asked smealum if that sort of thing *might* be possible and he said he wasn't too sure, but that might of been a polite way of saying stfu noob :rofl2:

neobrain

-
Trophies
XP
Country
I know there's a report button, but I didn't think mods would delete posts solely for being dumb. If that's the case though, I'll consider reporting in the future.

Yeniaul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My post was not trolling, just muttering to myself that turned into a ragequit.
I still need the 3ds hardware dump thou......

the avenger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick question,on a scale from 1 to holy cow,how much would the release of a public hack(say sssspawn for example) help in the development this emulator

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
the 4.x hack i assume is more useful in the initial development...if it could help further into development idk, but basically the 4.x exploit has access to pretty much everything, whilst ssspwn is just user mode, so im not sure how much it would help emulator development....if anyone with more technical knowledge knows anything else I'm sure they will share their views :)

purpasmart96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well apparently now I can no longer run .dat files, and yeti3ds doesn't work, I've tried renaming them with .cci or .cxi extension, but no luck the cmd prompt shows mem_map_functions.cpp line 89 returning "unknown read32 @ 0x0000000C" and many more read32 errors.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Its good if you have any important documents for say a business that you don't want...