Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

Dampih

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sun and moon don't work the soft just stops working when you press start
EDIT: even after using 24-9 user folder on 22-11 chinese build i still get random freezes any solution guys?
try disable framelimitter first, then after load a save file , you can enable framelimitter if you want.

if you still get random freeze, make sure you have fresh Nand folder (size: 1,03-1,04mb)

wakka1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bleeding edge builds have missing visual effects for me. In pokemon omega ruby, tried water gun move, the water visual effect doesn't show. Although it does work in unofficial builds.

Sky*dragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
try disable framelimitter first, then after load a save file , you can enable framelimitter if you want.

if you still get random freeze, make sure you have fresh Nand folder (size: 1,03-1,04mb)
ok so after i disabled the frame limiter i'm able to load my game but once i enable it back the soft instantly stopped working

pseudonymous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
even after using 24-9 user folder on 22-11 chinese build i still get random freezes any solution guys?

G*MK's 24-9 build's user (nand) folder does not prevent random freezes, perhaps just makes them less common. Possible the previous posts suggesting it meant 'fresh nand which was used on 24-9'? I do not believe any of the releases on Baidu had 'fresh nand'

Dampih

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Dampih,
Reactions: drwhojan

xiraiya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Personally I feel like I had slightly higher speeds in some ares with the September builds but those builds still have the memory leak issue, however upon first boot for a minute or two they seem to handle some areas in Pokemon faster than the current build does.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by drwhojan,

kidle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
you have you'r branch link thanks ?, if not don't matter.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Should be same but seems faster as some have mention, or the opersit with some games.

Fix my repo, so re-downloading for build number.
will be uploading it very soon.
----------
Edit:
Citra-GCCKU-Mingw_Build-23.11.2016
http://www42.zippyshare.com/v/O0KF4b7C/file.html

pokemon ORAS black screens after intro Fixed, with thanks to Dampih
(Note) You will need to replace your own "User" folder, with full NAND and sysdata/shared_font.bin

This version have amazing speed, Bravely default run like a charm, but i got a weird problem with Rune Factory 4: The large screen is oversatured with red color, everything is red. But this is the only version i could get to full speed in that 2 games.

Anyone knows a trick to fix the red color screen?

Reactions: drwhojan

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This version have amazing speed, Bravely default run like a charm, but i got a weird problem with Rune Factory 4: The large screen is oversatured with red color, everything is red. But this is the only version i could get to full speed in that 2 games.
Anyone knows a trick to fix the red color screen?

Yes it has that issue, some do some don't , colour issue in the citra stereoscopic seams to only effect certin games.

Fix red screen, Just lift the stereoscopic slide bar a little fraction to fix the issue, are all the way for full 3d.

Anyone in citra team could do a little slide bar little fraction/fraction lift lock in the stereoscopic / 3dfun ?, -> wwylele branch thanks.

Last edited by drwhojan,

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
ok so after i disabled the frame limiter i'm able to load my game but once i enable it back the soft instantly stopped working

Had you tried 24-11 latest gdmk build?I think it is the best build at this moment,i had tried it and it just have a little random freeze trouble if you using its own user folder(including nand folder),i just played for more than 2 hours without any freezing but after 2 hours it keep on freezing maybe bcoz of pc trouble , this time i tried latest gdmk build without replace the user folder from the 24 - 9 build since the user folder of 24-9 still have some random freeze as well whenever i replace it into any newer chinese build.........So,in simple word,just download the 24-11 build and try to run S/M again ,you will see the random freeze had been reduce as compared to 20-11,21-11 & 22 - 11 builds

pseudonymous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you will see the random freeze had been reduce as compared to 20-11,21-11 & 22 - 11 builds
Just tried it using the user folder it came with and it froze in 27 minutes, I think it's inconsistent. Best to use a clean/fresh nand.

Edit: Second freeze took 3 minutes
Edit: Third freeze took 14 minutes

Last edited by pseudonymous,

AcidRains

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
according to latest gmdk 24-11 build ,who mentioned there's an update of JIT
those animation cut-scene gains quite a speed up , for example fire emblem animation is now playing 24-25 fps from 14fps on my rig , and LOL intro is now 70+ instead of 36-39fps,
but when it comes to playing parts, Dampih 24-10 build still the fastest during 3-5 games i tested.
wonder if Dampih manage to take a look at it not ?

xiraiya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So something I find curious is comparing Pokemon Sun/Moon at it's tiny Native Resolution AND Full screen + Scaled up Resolution (Which looks very nice) seems to have basically zero impact on performance, areas that are slow and laggy in native are exactly as slow scaled way up, areas that are fast in native are just as fast when scaled way up.

So that confirms to me that all of this really does come down to the optimization of Citra and not hardware requirements, typically scaling a game way up in resolution should significantly impact performance if it wasn't running well to begin with, it's simple math, much higher resolution = more resources required.

But since Speed across the board is entirely unchanged regardless of resolution, whatever is slowing down these games isn't hardware based

Last edited by xiraiya,

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Citra-MessedupBuild-24.11.2016
http://www82.zippyshare.com/v/rqmMAYKc/file.html

(Note) this build will not work with pokemon ORAS , speed issues balance.
(Note) You will need to replace your own "User" folder, with full NAND and sysdata/shared_font.bin

This build good for bravely again , and maybe more.
(Warning, This is not a stable build but speedy for certain games)

gX1DWUH.jpg

Last edited by drwhojan,

jroweboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
according to latest gmdk 24-11 build ,who mentioned there's an update of JIT
those animation cut-scene gains quite a speed up , for example fire emblem animation is now playing 24-25 fps from 14fps on my rig , and LOL intro is now 70+ instead of 36-39fps,
but when it comes to playing parts, Dampih 24-10 build still the fastest during 3-5 games i tested.
wonder if Dampih manage to take a look at it not ?

Subv is on break from school and is on a "implement missing instructions in jit" spree right now. Already knocked out the 3 most common instructions in video playback, with plans to write more. Should give a hefty 15+ fps increase in video playback. He also mentioned another issue with citra that should give a pretty hefty speed boost to all games when I get around to submitting that PR. (Its something that should have been a part of the original JIT pr, but i guess we forgot to add that :P)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same. +1