Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

xiraiya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I said settings, not specs, do you use frame limiter and whatnot?

Also how is Pokemon not unplayably slow for you?

I have 16gb ram, a 970 and a 4ghz processor and even that slows down pretty hard in some spots.

Last edited by xiraiya,

NiagA

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I said settings, not specs, do you use frame limiter and whatnot?

Also how is Pokemon not unplayably slow for you?

I have 16gb ram, a 970 and a 4ghz processor and even that slows down pretty hard in some spots.
Oh sorry, my adjustments are normal with v-sync and without frame limiter.
Within environments 60 fps out 30 to 40 fps is not too slow,playable.

Last edited by NiagA,

xiraiya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Testing out the september 24 User folder with Vsync turned on, game froze during the cutscene of getting a starter.

Sadist4life

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The most stable user folder I have ever come across is the Citra Speed V2 one. Never had any build crashed (besides the Messed Up build) on me since exporting it to the newer builds.

John1234

Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by John1234,

xiraiya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Games works fine on 2016-11-26 gdmk.

Its your problem.Somthing is wrong from your end.
Pokemon (I'm not playing other games) freezing at random times has been plaguing people for quite some time, it's a known issue and for the most part I have a pretty damn good PC for emulation, so what could it possibly be?
The game runs fine, it's perfectly playable, but the random freeze tends to happen when SOS chaining or if I'm jumping between the Game and the Festival Plaza a lot.
And sometimes I can go an hour or two and not encounter the freeze, but the moment Citra is minimized or something opens over it, or if I'm SOS chaining, or doing plaza, it suddenly becomes at risk to freezing. And then sometimes it just freezes randomly a few minutes after starting, during a cutscene or some such.

This is on fresh installs of Citra, old installs, it doesn't seem to matter what build or what variation I use, this issue still exists, even if some versions are less prone to freezing, they all do it eventually.

It's very easy to be like "I dunno it's your fault" and not provide any useful information. But at the end of the day I am encountering a known issue despite all the methods people "think" fix it or lessen it, and in some cases it is lessened but it's still waiting to happen regardless.

Hell, Citra doesn't even crash when it freezes, the game just freezes and Citra continues to work just fine.

EDIT:Apparently Soft Reset freezes the game too every time, odd, this is what gets shown
image.png

Stopping and starting Emulation also stops working and Citra needs to be closed entirely to fix it.

Last edited by xiraiya,

xiraiya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If Disabling a Video Card is the key to fixing a random freeze, then that needs to be fixed in Citra. I'm not disabling my 970 and installing random drivers, that's retarded.

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
yeah i'm suffering from freezing too its a very annoying i used to suffer from it in oras too

If you use 24-9 gdmk user folder into 26-11 gdmk and 26-11 Dampih build then freeze will be hugely reduced in S/M,i think citra maximum can support 60FPS or below at this moment,if FPS goes more than that,it will crash/freeze :)

Last edited by X Virus,
Reactions: tadho

xiraiya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Which nand would that be John?

Because I was initially using the current nand with the current build and was actually freezing fairly frequently, so then I switched to the 24/9 nand as others talked about and freezing has indeed lessened significantly enough where some people might assume it's gone entirely, but still happens eventually.

Last edited by xiraiya,

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
what is the recommended cpu for citra?is i3 6100k is enough?

Intel Core i3 CPU in desktop is enough for you to run games at good FPS in citra ,but i7 is recommend for laptop users ,anyway,this is my opinion only.......

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Which nand would that be John?

Because I was initially using the current nand with the current build and was actually freezing fairly frequently, so then I switched to the 24/9 nand as others talked about and freezing has indeed lessened significantly enough where some people might assume it's gone entirely, but still happens eventually.

24-9 Gdmk Nand Folder + Dampih 26-11 build = 2 hours without Crash/Freeze + GOOD FPS
24-9 Gdmk Nand Folder + GDMK 26-11 build = More than 2 hours without Crash/Freeze + MODERATE FPS

And yes,the freeze will be comes after 2-3 hours of gameplay , it is right , and it happen to every citra users no matter what graphic you are using

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1