Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

JayFoxRox

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So the emulator causes shutdowns again?... wow

No it doesn't. Just any unofficial build which included my honeypot branch (which is what caused your shutdowns too by the way).
However, the honeypot was setup to show how stupid and unsecure unofficial builds are.
And instead of learning from past experiences, my branches are being pulled again with no word about the actual cause of the shutdowns from last time.

Shutdowns were purely intentional (and a documented feature of those builds - apparently unaware to the person creating those builds).
I read this thread with great amusement (like many others by the way; but also a little bit shocked) because instead of looking into the problems you people were just shouting at each other about some overclocking / overheating bullshit. This could easily have emptied your bank account in the background.. It was malicious code running on your or your parents machine - and you ran it.

Now the sane thing would have been to review all code in question and put procedures in place to prevent this.
But instead builds keep getting pushed, no reflection of what happened.
If I (or really anybody whose branches are being included in these builds..) wanted to do something bad (hint: I don't; others might), I could easily do it (I won't; others might).

Thank your providers of unofficial builds for running malicious code on your machines :)
It could have been something / someone far worse - like a malicious user formatting your drive, stealing your passwords / credit card information or whatever.

Note that this is entirely unrelated to my Citra contributions or official Citra.
Heck, all of the malicious code was submitted as "John Doe" who didn't even have a valid e-mail address. Nobody should have trusted this crap.

Urgrandpa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using Citra-GCCKU-BleedingEdge-05.12.2016 on 7th Dragon - III Code: VFD... my problem is that it freezes on the title screen where it says press any button.
Also for Inazuma Eleven Ogre the game doesn't boot up any help with these problems would be appreciated :D

Abelkm

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
@JayFoxRox
It was obvious there was something *very* odd if you read the code, like those 3 consecutive breaks. But the part that give it away the most was this comment:
"This really only works on Windows. Because it's the best OS!"
Nobody says that :v

Reactions: LG_ and JayFoxRox

Hitori04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@JayFoxRox: i hold it short as i can:
first: anybody who runs code or programs he or she dosen't understand can be malicious code, but it's the risk of the people itself
second: what is so amusing about the fact that many people can understand coding? and run those kind of builds as most of them are somewhat trustfull.
maybe you're right, but making fun out of something that many other people don't understand just because their can't code, isn't even funny enough to make me smile,
it's just an move that nobody should do.

so all in all: think of me like ever you want, but this and your arguments are simply not funny, even trough so many can't and or want code, they rely on the help of people who can and trust them.

just my thinking.

Last edited by Hitori04,

Lunos

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
so all in all: think of me like ever you want, but this and your arguments are simply not funny, even trough so many can't and or want code, they rely on the help of people who can and trust them.
Well, that IS true. All of us who are absolute ignorants about programming have to rely on people like Hojan who can actually compile builds and polish the aspects of the emulator that we're most interested in (speed & muh pokimanz, mostly). Now, it also is true though, that people should NOT blindlessly compile code without verifyng how safe it is, because as Rox said, it can lead to users getting their personal information stolen, their HDD being formatted, etc, etc.
All in all, the point is that people should NOT compile code without previous verification of its safeness.

Hitori04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, that IS true. All of us who are absolute ignorants about programming have to rely on people like Hojan who can actually compile builds and polish the aspects of the emulator that we're most interested in (speed & muh pokimanz, mostly). Now, it also is true though, that people should NOT blindlessly compile code without verifyng how safe it is, because as Rox said, it can lead to users getting their personal information stolen, their HDD being formatted, etc, etc.
All in all, the point is that people should NOT compile code without previous verification of its safeness.

absolutly true and me and JayFoxRox have in the most aspects agreed, so just to be clear this shouldn't be meant to be agressiv or something.

btw: has somone else tested the game tales of abyss, for me the game runs fine but all graphics happens on the top screen and not on both screens, (i can later post an pic on what i mean exactly if it is unclear)

matif

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
@JayFoxRox
Thank you for your hard works. I like Citra very much!

But I think you can just ignore those people you don't like. If you keep get involved with them will only annoy you. Keep away from those shXt things then you will have fun with coding, don't let those people disturb you, don't think those shXt anymore! Just laugh it off. :)
Must to say again, thank you for all your hard works!

(I'm not very good at English, if I wrote something you feel impolite, sorry. I just want people who like share with others will always feel happy.)

Reactions: Dampih

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe a dumb question, but does anyone else have issues with battle replays in sun and moon with the official citra? like, as soon as the second person sends their mon out in a battle replay, the program crashes for me

This does not happen in the other build I tried, citra-qt-gcc-jit-sse3-15 from like sept. 24th or something

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well even though it is true that people just using some weird builds should know the rist and should probably check beforehand, many people just can't do that.

I am working as an IT Administrator and you wouldn't believe at least half of the problems some people have ...

We even had people calling us about their computer not working anymore because the display was off and they did not know how to turn it on or better they did not know that they even had to turn it on (other way around was the same)

If everyone would be an Awesome programmer and It professional than you could demand anyone to check up on everything but like this you should be happy that there are people with at least a little bit of knowledge.

Last edited by Youkai,
Reactions: drwhojan and AdamHY

tet666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So the emulator causes shutdowns again?... wow

Nah not this time it's still buggy though i tested it a bit in ALBW and while it really fixes the lightning (nice btw) the game starts crashing after you get the wall merging dunno if it is because of drwhojans merges or the specific fixes for ALBW, ofc the code is unfinished not tested and not intended for general use anyway.

Last edited by tet666,

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I nether remotely added #38 into that new test build, so should not shut down, only the Zelda albw lighting .

And some people do like your back gound colour change jay, colours goes well with certain games.
maybe time to complete it when you have the change rebase, and put it up for full merging..
--------------
Only thing I find with zelda, start a fresh game with no save the triforce renders fast, save the game at the first weather clock, re start the game and the triforce renders much slower..., some think written into the save there..

Last edited by drwhojan,

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have removed every think to do with citra, they are some home here gave me a little knowledge with thanks, and some home I gave my little knowledge I hope they can do a good job at adding the correct merges, and posing you the new compiled citra's :)
All best with that, end of here.
drwhojan

I wish it the best of improvements with thanks to all the Citra team they are at github!.

I just know I was honey dickd lols

Last edited by drwhojan,
Reactions: pol40

pol40

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
I have removed every think to do with citra, they are some home here gave me a little knowledge with thanks, and some home I gave my little knowledge I hope they can do a good job at adding the correct merges, and posing you the new compiled citra's :)
drwhojan

I wish it the best of improvements with thanks to all the Citra team they are at github!.

Ignore the arrogants like that guy and do whathever you want.

A shame that some emulator devs are so arrogant these days.

Last edited by pol40,

zherot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
drwhojan

Instead of taking it that way why you don't continue doing what you are doing BUT being careful with what you are doing, i think he just wanted to show you how stuff can go wrong if you don't check what you are doing, many of us had the shutdown problem here so you DID screwed up but instead of quiting you should man up and be better, learn from that mistake, your builds are good, you just need to be careful.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ignore the arrogants like that guy and do whathever you want.

A shame that some emulator devs are so arrogant these days.

Arrogant or not he has a point, this could have been much worse, he did that to show him that he needs to be careful not doing "whatever he wants".

pol40

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Some actual emulator devs has much to learn from old emulators devs.
The actual devs thinks that they are important people or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.tomshardware.com/video-games/nintendo/summercart64-open-source-n64-flash-cart-reveale...