Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

wwylele

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Anyone wish to compile a copy, and test only for them self's DIY.
Then, this is slightly older branch with wwylele gs++
Code:
git clone --recursive https://github.com/Jhno591/citra-2

wwylele likes reports of ?
Wow..

Great.. Will test soon
drwhojan, can you remove the 3d-fun branch from your fork? He's slowing down the emulation speed by 20-40%
Anyone who wants to test my gs branch please directly clone it from https://github.com/wwylele/citra/tree/gs++, thanks. Any test that it is not directly on this branch, including rebased or merged with other branch, will be ignored and disliked.

Reactions: LG_ and Dampih

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
drwhojan, can you remove the 3d-fun branch from your fork? He's slowing down the emulation speed by 20-40%

I was waiting the next bleeding edge, then redo the whole thing.
It not easy just taking out a branch from a build, unless reverse it all as a re-3d fun branch.

It don't tend to slow down here, how is your hardware settup ?, do you have any control center software for you're CPU maybe they a cadge .

Subötaï

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone who wants to test my gs branch please directly clone it from https://github.com/wwylele/citra/tree/gs++, thanks. Any test that it is not directly on this branch, including rebased or merged with other branch, will be ignored and disliked.
Funny thing but your fork with gs++ is a much slower than the drwhojan's fork with 3d-fun + gs++

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Dementium Remastered plays at 35-60fps with drwhojan's fork :rofl2:

Last edited by Subötaï,
Reactions: Broadway

wwylele

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Funny thing but your fork with gs++ is a much slower than the drwhojan's fork with 3d-fun + gs++

Dementium Remastered plays at 60fps with drwhojan's fork :rofl2:
I DO NOT CARE. If you will, have fun with drwhojan's branch yourself, and don't ever bother me with it.

Reactions: matif and LG_

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

No think will clone from a Tree branch.. has to be in the master, that's the pain bit for anyone.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dementium Remastered plays at 35-60fps with drwhojan's fork :rofl2:

It was badly done, it will still show Anaglyph in some games FMV, but no red in game, only way round it would be to have LEFT eye only when Anaglyph is off, so it don't bool left that way, and if turned above off then use Anaglyph , but i'm not a source coder to wright these things.

Last edited by drwhojan,
D

Deleted User

Now it's not surprising that the Citra development has become so slow, with such a rudest hosts:unsure:

Anyway, these tests were made on the official master with gs++
https://gbatemp.net/threads/citra-unofficial-chinese-builds-discussion.431974/page-272#post-7477144
Maybe development would be "faster", according to your standards, if people weren't harassing Citra developers who fundamentally do not care about you as an audience, and actually gave them space and encouragement to continue their work, perhaps?

Last edited by ,

wwylele

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Now it's not surprising that the Citra development has become so slow, with such a rudest hosts:unsure:

Anyway, these tests was made on the official master with gs++
https://gbatemp.net/threads/citra-unofficial-chinese-builds-discussion.431974/page-272#post-7477144
Yup, only rude man like me now is truly working for citra, while you guys pretending "good people" contribute nothing to citra at all. Since "good people" are more beloved, no wonder citra development has become so slow.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes use wwylele branch.

It's gone and discarded changes
https://github.com/Jhno591/citra-2/commits/master

No think I can do more then that.
----------
Just realized that branch would not have worked anyway, they was a fixed file not pushed to that branch.
56546556.jpg

OMG FP!, All for no think.

Also broke game fixes branch.

Last edited by drwhojan,

jroweboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

because of how rude people who contribute nothing have been to the actual contributors, citra development mostly has moved to private repositories. Many developers got tired of their code ending up in """"unofficial"""" builds before it was ready, despite asking nicely so many times. i mean, the code is licensed so that people can do that, but also theres no obligation for a developer to make their code public until its ready either. so most devs opted to make their code private now. wwylele pushed the gs code public so that other developers could look it over, not so that it would end up in drwhojan's next build, hence why he named it
"For internal test only! This is not ready to merge in any build!"

its pretty frustrating putting in all this work and the thanks you get is a "wow you're so rude. no wonder citra sucks so much"

(why did it paste the name of the branch so big lol)

Reactions: LG_ and legend80

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
an old saying
"you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs"

My last build was shit lol, build not neat dose my head in.

because it dose here, sometimes link's to the pages its at too.

Last edited by drwhojan,

Takemura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I actually don't give a fuck if the people that is actually working on it is an asshole or not, the reality is that we want this shit done and if he being an asshole and all is actually working towards that goal then who cares.

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Let's try not to make this thread offtopic again.
If wwylele said that the repo is for testing purposes, then it's for testing purposes. Not gonna go up against drwhojan and his builds, but rest asure, he's not gonna upload builds with gs++ unless the Devs added gs++ on the latest Bleeding Edge or Nightly Build.

Take note that Citra is not close to completion. There are many things that needs to be added. If you want a 3ds game that plays 100% with no issues, either wait for the emulator to be optimized or get N2DS whether you like it or not.

I'm not mad or anything. I'm just telling you guys that you have to be patient and do something than waiting for the emulator to be finished.

John1234

Trophies
XP
Country
because of how rude people who contribute nothing have been to the actual contributors, citra development mostly has moved to private repositories. Many developers got tired of their code ending up in """"unofficial"""" builds before it was ready, despite asking nicely so many times. i mean, the code is licensed so that people can do that, but also theres no obligation for a developer to make their code public until its ready either. so most devs opted to make their code private now. wwylele pushed the gs code public so that other developers could look it over, not so that it would end up in drwhojan's next build, hence why he named it
"For internal test only! This is not ready to merge in any build!"

its pretty frustrating putting in all this work and the thanks you get is a "wow you're so rude. no wonder citra sucks so much"

People already played their favorite 3ds games on Unofficial citra builds & know citra is not going to become faster anytime soon & moved on.

Also few things happened such as better cemu & rpcs3 optimization
People are focusing more on these two & community & forum moderators are nicer & helpful.

Dolphin & rpcs3 have unofficial or special build focused on certain games and speed build by the devs themselves. such as Persona 5 build
So no need to look for 3rd party Rpcs3 build.

Citra devs should have done something similar that way people wouldn't have looked for 3rd party build.

3rd party citra build existed because people wanted speed.
In the end, citra Devs didn't listen to people & so people didn't listen them either.

Last edited by John1234,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle