Homebrew CitrAGB - 3DS GBA Emulator (WIP)

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both. The video's im talking about both have N3ds. This is shiny's video. I just want some clarification as to what is going on in the video( Citragb buildwise and version of ninjhax) if that's too much to ask welll then idk...

I believe that this is the Cia ver with ARM11 kernel exploit (<9.2) so don't expect the latest update to run like this. Without kernel exploit, the homebrew scene is so limited :S

That is the kernel dynrec version on ninjhax 1.1b on an N3DS. The O3DS version ran just as fast in that revision as the N3DS since the speed increases for N3DS did not begin oddly enough until ninjhax 2.0. This is basically the same way it's ran on most systems like the psp and gp2x, with recompilation/dynrec rather than interpretation. Just as an example of why there's such drastic differences in speed, try booting Dolphin or any other intensive emulators on an interpreter core. It's very slow. Optimization for a specific platform is certainly possible, as was the case of gameyob and blargsnes, but this is ported from gpsp so I'd sooner rewrite than try to mess with gpsp's code. CIA is compiling but currently needs a proper rsf setup I believe, not really anything that's high priority for me because I'd sooner use AGB_FIRM or my GBA SP and my EZ4 than gpsp given access.

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
That is the kernel dynrec version on ninjhax 1.1b on an N3DS. The O3DS version ran just as fast in that revision as the N3DS since the speed increases for N3DS did not begin oddly enough until ninjhax 2.0. This is basically the same way it's ran on most systems like the psp and gp2x, with recompilation/dynrec rather than interpretation. Just as an example of why there's such drastic differences in speed, try booting Dolphin or any other intensive emulators on an interpreter core. It's very slow. Optimization for a specific platform is certainly possible, as was the case of gameyob and blargsnes, but this is ported from gpsp so I'd sooner rewrite than try to mess with gpsp's code. CIA is compiling but currently needs a proper rsf setup I believe, not really anything that's high priority for me because I'd sooner use AGB_FIRM or my GBA SP and my EZ4 than gpsp given access.

Thanks for all your efforts!, I hope you can find a way to optimize on both O3ds and N3ds in newer firmwares :D

Last edited by AtlasFontaine,

Greymane

Lurking gbatemp pony
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Optimization of the emulator is always nice. Also tested 100 games (unpatched) atm for citragb n3ds ironhax, will test them with patches to but only after having tested them all. And that will take a while, so if there is someone that will test patched games it would be nice. And a link for those that have missed it, will also put it in my status http://pastebin.com/cNSun3JK

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is there anyway to make this emulator full screen?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    689.5 KB · Views: 347

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Works well enough, sounds a bit low, but I've only tried 2 games so far. Breath of Fire II (US) and Super Robot Taisen OG (Patched, US). Full speed, tiny tiny screen, lol, but works. New 3DS XL, latest fw (.26), tubehax & ironhax installed.

Reactions: SLiV3R

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
A CIA would be cool, but wouldn't it not run as well as the ninjhax/ironhax/etc version? Lots of emus got a boost running on n3ds with the latest 2.0 update that isn't reflected in their cia versions.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CitraGB works on my N3DS XL (Eur) 9.2 EmuNAND using the IronHax and has Sound. SSF2TR stutters at time with the Graphics and Sound, but otherwise works perfectly. Donkey Kong works as well.
Would love to get the Screen Size Bigger, or if anything have a Screen Border until it gets looked into.
Also tried using a .cht File with SSF2TR but that did not work. I guess Cheats are not implemented with the Source used. Unless there is a way to Patch a GBA with Cheats, dont bet on it yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: MoM, I don't have to do homework, anymore :D:blush::D