Homebrew CitrAGB - 3DS GBA Emulator (WIP)

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah, I'm on 9.9 (old 3ds) and using ironhax, and I can only run from interpreter. Minish Cap runs at barely playable speed. (Updating from the version smea added to his homebrew starter kit to the OP version helped dramatically, though.)
On N3DS 9.9 with the first package from Smea Minish Cap Works PERFECTLY. Only little graphics hiccups that is barely noticeable.

LolaZolanski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
Just tried Final Fantasy Tactics, it's near to unplayable. </3 Not sure if it's my rom, or BIOS!. And thank you for all the work you've put into this emulator OP, it's much appreciated.

anonynom

Punchyleaf
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can not for the life of me find a proper bios to get my gba running :(

I have never used this before so I don't even know if I am doing anything correctly

Greymane

Lurking gbatemp pony
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Check a page back there is a list in one of my posts, that has several games on it that i have tested a bit to see how fast they run and how much graphic glitches they had. Not fully tested as in the whole game, but enough to see if they are playable at the moment.

Reactions: TylerSGman

Greymane

Lurking gbatemp pony
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Got the rom packs for gba gonne update the list at around every 50 tested. Also made a pastebin for it http://pastebin.com/cNSun3JK No change yet from the other list but should be handier for people. wait i use pastebin now.... It will be dynamically updated need to get used to using pastebin. Changed the pastebin link to one on my account made the last one as a guest, realy need to get used to pastebin -.-

Last edited by Greymane,

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In regards to new features, if I were to add anything next it would be the proper pause menu which is kinda stowed away in the code and unused (those who used the original gpsp probably know what it is though). With that working I believe cheats and save states would 'just work' since that's where they're used from, and the stuff for it is already there. Whether I'll get time to have that working is another question (or whether it's playable enough to bother at all).

Reactions: Kikirini

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wish you can find a way for dynarec to work on ironhax.
Really won't work I don't think without kernel access. For one, I have to remap the dynrec areas as RWX (I need all 3), which needs proper SVCs or kernel to get them, and on top of that I need a way to clear icache and dcache from usermode (which can only be done with kernel access). Kinda crummy, I know, but not much I can do about it to be honest. I mean, I could try and find another ARM11 kernel exploit, whether it's worth the time or not is another question though.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dynrec only works on o3DS and N3DS on versions 9.2 and below with ninjhax 1.0. As of now, the module which does kernel hax, libkhax, is broken under ninjhax 2, and as such 9.2 and below units with this version of ninjhax will fail to gain kernel access and fail to launch. Hence the current 3dsx which forces interpreter mode for now. So dynrec will not be a thing on 9.3-9.9 unless new arm11 kernel exploits are found.

I actually tried getting dynrec working for 9.2 and below peeps on CFW, assuming the CFW disabled SVC checks. However I'm being plagued with icache issues the same as libkhax, even if I force a complete icache clear. It's strange.
Is there any way to optimize performance for kernel-less 9.3-9.9? I just want to know if anything can be done to make this emulator better for O3DS users without needing kernel.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Really won't work I don't think without kernel access. For one, I have to remap the dynrec areas as RWX (I need all 3), which needs proper SVCs or kernel to get them, and on top of that I need a way to clear icache and dcache from usermode (which can only be done with kernel access). Kinda crummy, I know, but not much I can do about it to be honest. I mean, I could try and find another ARM11 kernel exploit, whether it's worth the time or not is another question though.
Me in one hand thinks it would be amazing if you attempted this (would help people with their "omg let me downgrade") and would be benifitial to homebrew and NTR CFW. On the other hand, I am wary that it wil burn out by having Nintendo patch it earlier than wanted. If you or your dev group feel like cracking arm11, I would probably recommend keeping it secret until someone else releases or making CiteAGB extremely encrypted so people don't decap it for the exploit easily. (If you can even do something like that would be impossible in my opinion unless you close the source to CitrAGB completely.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Also this song https://youtu.be/27RWx9Q6LcQ?si=c7C8YuRoIPHadiQ0