Homebrew CitrAGB - 3DS GBA Emulator (WIP)

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if you have 4.5 sysnand you can just load the vc gba game with pbt :)
Seriously?! I know you can run dsiware that way, but I'm sure I read at the time that the gba vc didn't work with that method, so I never tried it. Now I've given my old3DS to my lady...

Either way, really happy to see shiny back at work on this, can't wait til it's ready :D

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can we expect a download link soon? I'm fucking hyped m8 :3

Also I guess other emus could benefit from this breakthrough, any estimation about how PSX emu or MAME would be do-able with such a tool?

Reactions: Margen67

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
This is dynrec using ARM11 kernel to flush icache as opposed to the HB service. The result is full speed CPU emulation, and the possibility of having CitrAGB as a .CIA as well.

That's really good news, thanks for the info btw and good luck, that video looked about perfect to me too :)

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Nice to see progresses on this emulator! I have a question, maybe you can answer me:
Do you think that a fullscreen option can be done, I mean if it's not too hard to implement?
Good job,shinyquagsire23!

Reactions: Margen67

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Very nice second video! I would like to test this beauty as everyone else! It seems like you really have figured out a lot of stuff on the 3DS. Existing times :)

Reactions: Idaho

Retr0Capez

Gone and forgotten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aaaaand it's good! Changes haven't been pushed yet though because it involves some kernel patching which I'll have to get situated, but it will be up and working momentarily.

Also, it runs at mostly 60fps, sometimes dropping to 50fps due to rendering (still flipping stuff and writing it to the screen in software, which is no good).

nice fan.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, finished getting patching in place, not entirely sure if it works 100% on all consoles though. If anyone wants to give it a shot, the new 3dsx is in the main post. One thing to note though, this 3dsx assumes that you have access to SVC 0x7B. To gain access to this SVC, use libkhax, FBI, or anything which uses ARM11 kernel to give access to all SVCs.

Download link is here for those who are willing to test.

Reactions: hippy dave

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, finished getting patching in place, not entirely sure if it works 100% on all consoles though. If anyone wants to give it a shot, the new 3dsx is in the main post. One thing to note though, this 3dsx assumes that you have access to SVC 0x7B. To gain access to this SVC, use libkhax, FBI, or anything which uses ARM11 kernel to give access to all SVCs.

FBI can load .3dsx apps?

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

O3DS FW 9.0 - Black Screen (After opening and closing FBI)

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Black screen, o3DS FW 9.2 (opened and closed FBI)

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems that libkhax uses other methods in order to get SVC access, which prevents it from working. For now it seems only the ARM11 bootstrap test + return will work correctly. I'll still keep trying to get it to work with libkhax though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la