Gaming Classic Controller (Pro) or Wiimote?

When playing Cod: BO, which do you prefer?

• Classic Controller (Original or Pro)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wiimote Pointer or Zapper

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm just really curious lately to see what cod players prefer when playing BO. I hear all sorts of hate about the CCP and how it's OP and shit (which it's not). Without aim assist it has no apparent advantage over the pointer.

Please leave an explanation as to why you use the specific scheme and why you think or don't think the other is OP. Youtube is full of CCP haters lol. I personally use the CCP mostly, but that's cuz I play PS3 as well. I don't feel like I do better or have an advantage when using the CCP and In fact I do about the same with each controller. I love using the pointer on the older games as well as on Conduit2. Lemme know what you think and why
yay.gif

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im an old school FPS player, go back to wolfenstein and doom, Played a lot of quake 2/3 and Counter-Strike. I tried CoD4 for PS3 and ended up buying it off steam and playing it on PC. I just hate using a controller like xbox/ps3/ccp. Every time I try to use one I think to myself "Wish I had a keyboard and mouse, so I could school these bitches". Wiimote is the closest thing, but I still don't like it much =P. I don't see how either could be OP.

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the great crimes of the Wii's existence has been the relative lack of FPS titles specifically because of the pointer control scheme it provides. It's the next best thing to a mouse and has it all over any sort of analog setup which is akin to playing an FPS w/ mittens on.

Fire2box

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both are fine. But being a PC gamer for my main gaming. The wiimote is clearly better for FPS titles. Though I use classic controller on goldeneye. Not that I play goldeneye more then TF2, and stuff.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Being a PC gamer, I still have issues with the wiimote.. However, its nothing compared to 2 joysticks like xbox.

What gets me is that the cursor/weapon moves across the screen, then suddenly the character turns
smile.gif

Games like House of the Dead proves that my Aim isnt bad. I just get confused when the screen starts moving.
Obviously a L2P issue, but thats what Im having issues with lol

Anyway, wiimote > joysticks any day.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
10_0ARMY said:
I hear all sorts of hate about the CCP and how it's OP and shit (which it's not). Without aim assist it has no apparent advantage over the pointer.
Wow...I remember discussions about similar things going on TEN FREAKIN' YEARS AGO, when Unreal Tournament and quake 3 were mainstream. Only the difference then was that it revolved around having a cheap budget pc or a OMGZSMALLPENISCOMPENSATION state-of-the-art pc with fancy 3D card and übermouse. You'd think that those guys would have grown up by now, but it has gotten worse.

Because the cost for a classic controller is FAR less than that of a (modern) gaming pc.

Anyway...I'm not much of a Black Ops player. I use the wiimote because it at least somewhat resembles keyboard+mouse in terms of aiming. I don't care what other players use.

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I really feel that people that hate the CCP if they use Wiimote pointer and vice versa are just using that as an excuse for getting pwnd. Really what kind of controller you prefer shouldn't be criticized or make you any better than the next guy....except if you spend a shitload of money on a modded controller....then your full auto FAL pisses everyone off .
ohnoes.png

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Exactly. "OP", short for "OverPowered", implicitly means that it is "just" the controller that gives the player an edge. Which in turn is a way to minimalise the skill of the other players.

And that's not very sportsmanslike. And it's even more ridiculous, because money is pretty much no concern whatsoever (at least PC gaming students could call the claim that they were too poor to buy a decent setup). If controller X is so "OP", why isn't the complainer using it to begin with? classic controllers are half the price of a game, and nunchucks come with the friggin' wii to begin with.
All in all, this whole thing sounds more like a few scrubs who can't handle someone being better than them at a game and blame the first random thing that doesn't match THEIR play style.
rolleyes.gif

camurso_

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
CPP is OP no doubt about that.
Playing with wiimote is the best thing in wii.

And that goes for any fps or pes. Playing pes with a wiimote is much better than with CC

camurso_

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
insidexdeath said:
I use the Classic Controller, because I'm still having a hard time keeping my Wiimote stable when playing COD and I get killed easily if I panic.

If you play seated, just put your elbows on your knees and just have to move your pulse, instead of moving the whole arm...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: IS ANYONE ON TWITCH.COM TWITCH.COM/THESUSHIDRAGON