Country
United States
Game Name:
  • Osu! Tatakae Ouendan
Release Date:
  • July 28th, 2005
Game Info:
  • Genre: Rhythm/Music
  • What it's about: You play as the Ouendan, Japanese male cheerleaders, and you try to motivate people through song
  • Popularity in Japan: don't really know how to word or state this, but it was so popular it warranted a sequel, and a "spin-off", which was Elite Beat Agents
  • Why I want this translation so badly: I would like to read the menus and fully understand the stories before the song gameplay, and I really like Elite Beat Agents, so I would love to understand the game that's the source to the game.
  • Why I don't think this will come out in the West: It's been ~15 years, and it's inspiration is something that can't really be western-ized
    Images/Screenshots:
    ouendan more gameplay.jpg
    gameplay ouendan.png
    ouendan box.jpeg

Articles:
  • Wikipedia page - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osu!_Tatakae!_Ouendan
    Videos:
  • Ign Gameplay -
    What I have to offer:
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

JamesAaronSpirin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The last OTR thread had a lot of unnecessary posts, so this is just a cleaned up version of it :)
The first post will be updated with every new request, but repeated requests will not count, so please don't do it.
Please take a look at the list before making a request in case it has already been requested.
Repeated requests may be deleted.

As the original OTR thread stated:

All requests will be updated in the OP with the link to a dedicated post with request!

2011-11-06 EDIT:
PLEASE DO NOT REQUEST WHAT HAS ALREADY BEEN REQUESTED.

Make your requests using this template!

Updated List of Requested Translations (in alphabetical order)
This list only contains requests from this thread, and not the original OTR thread, given the age of it. If you'd like a game to be re-listed, please make a new post on this thread, following the above template.

Atelier Lina ~ Alchemist of Strahl (Rina no Atorie ~Shutoraru no Renkinjutsushi)
Battle Spirits DS Digital Starter
Black Jack: Hi No Tori Hen
Bleach DS 4th: Flame Bringer
Bokujō Monogatari: Korobokkuru Sutēshon for Gāru
Chocobo to Mahou no Ehon Majo to Shoujo to 5nin no Yuusha (Chocobo and the Magic Book: The Witch, The Girl and the Five Heroes)
Claymore - Gingan no Majo (Claymore - Silver Eyed Witch)
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 - Banjou no Geass Gekijou
Dengeki Bunkou ADV: Baccano!
Densetsu no Starfy 4
Doki Doki Majo Shinpan!
Do-Konjou Shougakusei: Bon Bita - Hadaka no Choujou Ketsusen!! Bita vs. Dokuro Dei!
Dragon Ball Kai: Ultimate Butōden (Partial Patch available)
DS Uranai Seikatsu
Front Mission 2089: Border of Madness
Gakuen Hetalia
Gyakuten Saiban Jiten
Hakuouki: Yuugi Roku
Hiiro no Kakera
Hokuto no Ken: Hokuto Shinken Denshōsha no Michi
Houkago Shounen (After-school Boy)
Juerupetto: Mahō no Oheya de Issho ni Asobō!
Kabu Trader Shun
Kaiju Busters DS
Kaiju Busters Powered (Sequel)
Keroro RPG: The Knight, the Warrior, and the Legendary Pirate
Kenshuui Tendo Dokuta (Duplicate request here)
Kotoba no Puzzle - Mojipittan DS
Kuruma de DS
Love Plus + (aka Love Plus Plus)
Luminous Arc 3: Eyes
MapleStory DS
Maruhan Pachinko & Pachi-Slot Hisshou Guide Kanshuu: The Pachinko Hall
Mizuiro Blood
Naruto RPG 2: Chidori vs. Rasengan
One Piece: Gigant Battle! 2 New World
Osu! Tatakae Ouendan
Powerful Golf
Princess Ballerina Yume Miru Prima Donna
Project Hacker: Kakusei
Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary (ITA)
Red Stone DS: Akaki Ishi ni Michibikareshi Monotachi
Shugo Chara! - Amu no Nijiiro Chara Change
Simple DS Series Vol. 08 - The Kanshikikan - Kinkyuu Shutsudou!! Jiken Genba wo Touch Seyo
Sloane to Machale no Nazo no Story
Strike Witches: Aoi no Dengekisen: Shin Taichou Funtousuru!
Summon Night DS
Taiko no Tatsujin DS: Dororon! Yokai Daikessen!
Tales Of Hearts DS
Tamagotchi no Appare! Niji-Venture
Tennis no Oujisama Gyutto! Doki Doki Survival Umi to Yama no Love Passion
The Legend of Starfy 4
Tokyo Twilight Busters
Tongari Boushi to Mahou no Omise (Duplicate request here)
Twilight Syndrome: The Forbidden Urban Legend
Wizardry Bōkyaku no Isan
Wizman's World
Yu Yu Hakusho DS : Ankoku Bujutsukai Hen

Fulfilled Requests

It seems that people can't understand the real point of this topic:

Another thing to note:

If a request is being translated, it will remain on the list until the game translation is completed. This way, if the translation gets dropped, the game will remain on the list. Likewise, if you spot something on the list that's already been fulfilled, let us know.
You have Starfy 4 listed twice for some reason.

Mimiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Carousianpear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope it's not too late to request a translation (seeing how old the thread is ;; )
Game Name:
  • Yasuo Uchida DS Mystery Detective Mitsuhiko Asami Series "Fukutoshin Serial Murder Case"​

• Scene Release Topic
Release Date:
Game Info:
This can be in paragraph form or bulleted list, as long as it contains the following information:
  • Genre: Adventure Mystery Novel
  • What it's about: You partner with detective Mitsuhiko to try and solve the mystery behind a string of murders. You interact with people to gain information and uncover clues to find the culprit!
  • Popularity in Japan: I am not sure since I couldn't find any info about this ;;
  • Why I want this translation so badly: I love mystery solving games, and apparently this game has 10 endings (including the bad ending)! Especially since it is based off a really popular mystery novel series from author Yasuo Uchida, I would like to be able to follow along the story and get to know this iconic character.
  • Why I don't think this will come out in the West: Mitsuhiko Asami is a character from a drama that was popular in Japan back in 2009, so I don't think it will be localized to the West because of how niche (and old) it is.
Screenshots:
  • 51Mi1030WiL.jpg
    asami01.jpg
    iu
You get to solve some puzzles! The art is also very nice to look at, with animated sprites and voice acting! The game kinda reminds me of Ace Attorney too lol

A video that shows some of the puzzles:

My Offering:
  • I can offer support in proofreading the text in English, but sadly I don't know Japanese well :sad:. I can also help look for translators, if the need arises!

Reactions: QCLasky and ratty0

JomasterII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Game Name:
  • Mobile Suit Gundam 00
Release Date:
Game Info:
  • Genre: 3D Action Mecha
  • What it's about: A game that runs parallel to the first half of season 1 of the Gundam 00 anime series. Play is conducted utilising free-roam 3D movement. There's also an encyclopedia about how to improve your Gundam model kit builds.
  • Popularity in Japan: Presumably, with 00 being a high-profile Gundam series that was very popular, the game was decently popular at its time.
  • Why I want this translation so badly: Being able to understand character dialogue between missions and mission objectives is somewhat critical to this game, and with my knowledge of Japanese being very rudimentary, it's very difficult for a non-Japanese speaking Gundam fan to play this game. The only other attempt at translating this game has died after some menu text was translated.
  • Why I don't think this will come out in the West: Not only is the game about 12 years old, Gundam has only scarcely scratched the surface of the mainstream outside of Asia.
Screenshots:
20080307080852-23353.jpg

20080307081003-21947.jpg

20080310012139-52028.jpg

20080307082016-32005.jpg

Videos:

My Offering:
  • I know some Japanese but not enough to handle the undertaking on my own. I can proofread the translation and give information on terminology for the Gunpla Navi.

Reactions: Indy13

ratty0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope it's not too late to request a translation (seeing how old the thread is ;; )

You get to solve some puzzles! The art is also very nice to look at, with animated sprites and voice acting! The game kinda reminds me of Ace Attorney too lol

This looks interesting, I'd be willing to help translate if you decide to take it on as a project.

Reactions: Carousianpear

Tanukid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game Name:
  • Crayon Shin-Chan DS: Arashi wo Yobu Nutte Crayoon Daisakusen!
Release Date:
  • 03/21/2007 (Source: TCRF)
Game Info:
  • Genre: Platformer
  • What it's about: Crayon Shin-chan is a long-running japanese manga series. It has also inspired over 50 video games, from Game Boy to Switch. Many of them have only been published in Japan, though quite a few have been also been published in South Korea, Italy and Spain. First of the five DS games of the series, Crayon Shin-Chan DS: Arashi wo Yobu Nutte Crayoon Daisakusen! is a pure platformer where Shin-chan must travel through the world of dreams supported by his magical magic markers, costumes, and his unique charisma, to repair the damage that a small dream-eating pig has left behind.
  • Popularity in Japan: Based on a famous manga and anime franchise, currently celebrating its 30th anniversary.
  • Why I want this translation so badly: I am a fan of Crayon Shin-chan and enjoy its humor, which enhances the game experience with how ingrained it is into the franchise. It would also help to understand gameplay instructions and story. Inti Creates is also a well-known developer.
  • Why I don't think this will come out in the West: The game released 15 years ago on a now-discontinued platform. It had a release in Spain and Italy back in the day, as well as South Korea.
Screenshots:
Crayon_Shin-chan_DS_Arashi_wo_Yobu_Nutte_Crayoon_Daisakusen-title.png
0935a.jpg
0935b.jpg
0935c.jpg
0935d.jpg
29595-ingame-Crayon-Shin-Chan-DS-Arashi-o-Yobu-Nutte-Crayoon-Daisakusen (1).jpg
29595-ingame-Crayon-Shin-Chan-DS-Arashi-o-Yobu-Nutte-Crayoon-Daisakusen.jpg
29595-menu-Crayon-Shin-Chan-DS-Arashi-o-Yobu-Nutte-Crayoon-Daisakusen.jpg

Videos:

My Offering:
  • I am familiar with Crayon Shin-chan's style of humor, so I can assist with any puns or jokes that may arise.
  • I know Italian to a somewhat advanced degree, so I can translate that version of the game, although I do not have experience with ROM hacking. I translated some of the start of the game but I never finished the tutorial.
  • The Italian version of the game removes voice acting, eliminating an otherwise complex part of the translation without relying on the half-baked solution of keeping the voices in Japanese.

Reactions: eadmaster

eadmaster

Trophies
Website
eadmaster.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
Game Name:
  • Crayon Shin-Chan Obaka Daininden Susume! Kasukabe Ninja Tai!
Release Date:
Game Info:
  • Genre: Platformer
  • What it's about: Cute platformer with chars from the Crayon Shin-Chan anime series.
  • Popularity in Japan: The anime is quite popular afaik, with lots of films and games released. This entry sold well in Japan.
  • Why I want this translation so badly: Easier walkthrought by fully understanding the given instructions. This was developed by Inti Creates, which also made many Mega Man games.
  • Why I don't think this will come out in the West: The game released 12 years ago on a now-discontinued platform.
Screenshots:

r135758_front.jpg

4810 - Crayon Shin-chan - Obaka Dainin Den - Susume! Kasukabe Ninja Tai! (JP).png

Gameplay Video:

Commercial:

My Offering:

- I will play the game completely and report any bug with the translation.

AnimeRcartoonS

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Game Name:
Duel Masters

Release Date:
2003-08-07 (20 years ago)

Genre:
Card Battle, Card Game, Strategy

Game Info:
Duel Masters is a Card Battle video game published by Takara released on August 7th, 2003 for the GBA.

The reasons for this game not releasing in this states (as well as multiple duel master games for the GBA & PS2 that were never ported) was due to the lack of promotion of the game. For example, Yu-Gi-Oh had started as an manga, had an anime, many video game adaptations of the trading card game for consoles, handheld consoles, PC, and IOS/Android Smart Phones. Duel Masters had some of the these things, but at the end of the day, it was seen as a Yu-Gi-Oh clone and nothing more which I feel is the reason why Duel Masters games like this won't ever be localized: because they can't compete with giants like MAGIC, Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, etc.

My reasons for asking for this game to be translated isn't just because of me wanting to play it, but to give this series of TCG a chance to shine again. The reason why I even got into Duel Masters was in fact the TV Show and the card game being something different than all the other popular TCGs during it's time. I wouldve loved to play an actual game That all being said, I appreciate anyone willing to translate this game.

Screenshots:

Screenshot (1).png Screenshot (4).pngScreenshot (6).pngScreenshot (8).png

Gameplay Video:

Your offering
I will play the game completely and report any sprt of bugs and/or glitches I experience during gameplay with the translator/translation team.

Last edited by AnimeRcartoonS,

WeegeeCool_Alt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game Name:
Game ni Natta yo! Dokuro-chan: Kenkō Shindan Daisakusen

Release:
2005-11-10 (18 years ago)

Genre: Visual Novel

Attachments

• 1685917095054.jpeg
    1685917095054.jpeg
    17.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 1685917096761.jpeg
    1685917096761.jpeg
    17.1 KB · Views: 20

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country

Game is a bit easy, you can easily open graphics with TiledGDD, anything .cmp is just compressed graphics, you can decompress and repack using Tinke, the text is stored in pbb iirc, it's a normal pointer system, but the font uses a sequential value system (instead of an encoding, the character values are their position in the font file), and it uses only fullwidth characters and a fixed width draw system for these bastards.

Last edited by YuseiFD,

Pokemonfan6498

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Game Name: Destiny LInks

Release Date: February 5, 2009

Genre:
Action Rpg
What it's about: Destiny Links is an action RPG by format, though it lacks a few things usually associated with RPGs. There are no experience levels; instead, attack and defense are determined solely by equipment, and healing items work by percentages of the health bar. One of the primary motivations to explore is to find more raw materials, either from monsters or from excavation points, which can be used to make new equipment. Proceeds from the sale of unneeded equipment are the primary source of cash in this game, though quests are always generous with the cash rewards as well.

Popularity in Japan: Average 3.0/5

Why I want this translation so badly: I think it can be another DS hidden gem what no one ever saw before

Why I don't think this will come out in the West: Because Bandai Namco?

1686250919255.png

1686250942741.png

1686250963050.png

1686250985209.png

1686250994925.png

Videos:

Last edited by Pokemonfan6498,

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
GAME NAME
Sigma Harmonics
Scene Release Topic

GAME INFO
  • Release Date: 08/21/2008
  • Genre: RPG, Card Battles, Adventure
  • What it's about:
  • Is it popular in Japan? Unknown, I can't find much buzz about it, but Wikipedia claims the opinions of it are mostly positive.
  • Why I want this translation so badly: It looks like a highly interesting game, and it's made by Square-Enix. What could go wrong with thinking it might be a fantastic game to obsess over?
  • What makes me so sure this won't be released outside of Japan? The DS is discontinued and the mobile rerelease has never been released outside of Japan (and at this time is quite old, so it may already have been pulled from mobile app stores). It also has extensively incorporated Japanese culture into its setting and plot, which has been stated as a barrier to localization.
SCREENSHOTS
0_Ce4zzUreJKNEM2aM.png
image_2023-06-22_180244117.png
KI7VKI5QERN2RL6QW2XS7TCXEQ.jpg
medium_1_screenshot.png

Sigma_Harmonics.jpg

VIDEOS

MY OFFERING

• I am able to test such a translation, though my DS is currently broken (I am trapped on a mobile emulator for now).
  • I may be able to assist in attempting to properly translate ideas of different Japanese cultural things? Depending on what it is, of course.​

I'm sorry if this has been requested before and removed. I can't find a translation thread for the game, and it's not listed in the opening post, so I thought it was free game to request.

Pokemonfan6498

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Game Name: Summon Night (DS)

Developer/Publisher: Banpresto, Bandai Namco entertainment

Release Date: April 24, 2008

Genre: Turn-Based Strategy RPG

Overwiew: Summon Night was originally released for Playstation back in 2000 but In 2008, a remake was ported to the Nintendo DS. It adds no new story or events, but improves on the weapon system, has dual screen cutscenes for special attacks, touch controls, and new mini-games to power up your summons. Sadly, the anime opening, the vocal songs and all voice acting have been removed.

What it's about: This game follows the story of a Japanese highschooler, who is suddenly summoned into the world of Lyndbaum. The main character gets involved in a series of conflicts between gangs, classes, factions and worlds. He/she has to use the power of summons to solve those problems while trying to return to his or her own homeworld.

Why i want this game translated so badly: the reason is that it's a remake of very first game in series

Why i don't think it wasn't released outside of Japan: I don't know what to say about this because summon night twin age was only game we got

Screenshots:
1687523727337.png

1687523806898.png

Pokemonfan6498

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Game Name: 高円寺女子サッカー2 〜恋はネバギバ高円寺〜 (Koenji Women's Soccer 2 ~love is never-ending~)

Genre: Visual Novel, adventure

Developer/Publisher: Starfish SD Inc.

Release Year: November 22, 2007

What is it about?:
One year ago, the Koenji Girls' Academy soccer club won the national title. However, the newly appointed principal declares that if the team does not win the championship again this year, the soccer club will be abolished and its adviser Ryutoshi Shigee will be dismissed. Moe-ryu runs around Koenji, rebuilding the soccer club, which was understaffed and unable to practice due to the graduation of the third year last year, and managed to manage to play a game.

At the end of a fierce battle, the Koenji Girls' Academy soccer club achieves their second consecutive victory in the national tournament, but for some reason, the world tournament will be held in Koenji. With rivals from the national tournament joining the ranks, the Koenji Girls face a new challenge as the Japanese national team.

Gameplay info:
The game period is 9 months from April to December. Weeks 1-3 of each month are devoted to practice, and the remaining 4th week is for games.

During practice, he looks at the club members and identifies problems, and then selects one to interact with. This is also where the development of new special moves and the "Tsubooshi", which uses the DS touch pen to loosen the body of the club members. Also, on the moving screen, there is an element to search for hidden items by touching the background image. When the third week ends, the principal's assessment comes in, and if you don't raise the trust of the members through practice, the game will be over without waiting for the game. The principal's attitude becomes favorable from the middle stage, but the assessment does not become lenient.

Before the game starts, there is a verbal battle with the opponent. Conversely, if you are defeated, you will start at a disadvantage. From the second half, it progresses by actually giving instructions to the players. In addition, there is no action element in the format of reading according to the choices. Also, when using a special move, the hot blood points set for each character are consumed, so the number of times is limited.

Why i don't think this will ever be released outside Japan?: there's no clear answer but it could be inappropriate

1687623142630.png

1687623153848.png

1687623168293.png

Post automatically merged:

Game Name: メタルサーガ ~鋼の季節~(Metal Saga - Season of Steel)

Genre: RPG

Developer/Publisher: Crea-Tech, Success

Release Date: June 15, 2006

Overview:
Season of Steel is the sixth game of the Metal Max series counting remakes and the fourth game not counting them. Unlike its predecessor Metal Saga, the game wasn't released in North America. In 2007, a sequel was released on mobile phone as an incarnation of Metal Saga and was released in Japan in 2007.

This entry is very different from the other entries in the series. For example, multiple characters sit only in a tank instead of one person sit in one, and using "durability" instead of tank's armor.

What is it about?: In the near future, the world was devastated by a supercomputer named Noah. However, remnants of humanity survived this cataclysm, naming the event Great Destruction. Noah continued its intent to wipe Earth clean of humanity in this post-apocalyptic world. A hunter named Rebanna destroyed Noah before its ambition was fulfilled. Noah foresaw the possibility of its demise, and so devised "Noah consciousness awakening program" in this unlikely event and stores it within indestructible super-alloy shell called "Noah Seed". Under this threat, Rebanna's children undertake the task to fight the resurrected supercomputer.

Gameplay info:
Like most role-playing video games, players travel around the world, buy powerful equipment, battle with monsters and save the world. Unlike all predecessors, the world map uses a 45-degree angle view, and using a point instead town or dungeon' pigeon hole, with the only way from a point to a point; once the player completes the task, the next location will appear on the map.

Combat is individually turn-based, players can choose to combat enemies by foot or with a tank. All party members can equip multiple weapons, and can choose the one to attack enemy in one turn. On the other hand, if the party members choose to fight whilst being in the tank, every character will need to use different weapon to attack enemy in each turn. Each weapon and monster has their own property, like fire, light etc. Allelopathy property will affect the attack effect.

Why i think it won't be released?: we did not recieved most of metal max games since 1990

1687624375320.png

1687625265736.png

1687625284066.png

1687625302462.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game