Hacking Clean Pokemon Ruby CIA in SYSNAND 4.2?

Bu2d85

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been installing clean cia's on my O3DS SYSNAND 4.2. So far everything I have installed has worked properly except for Pokemon ruby and sapphire. When I try to run them it stays the sd card has been removed. I used gateway and BBM to install. Has anyone else had this problem? I think it might be because my firmware version is too low but I want to be sure.

AquaX101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been installing clean cia's on my O3DS SYSNAND 4.2. So far everything I have installed has worked properly except for Pokemon ruby and sapphire. When I try to run them it stays the sd card has been removed. I used gateway and BBM to install. Has anyone else had this problem? I think it might be because my firmware version is too low but I want to be sure.

ORAS requires 7.1 so your firmware is low

Bu2d85

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I thought. I am eventually going to put everything on emunand, I just wanted the tickets on my sysnand just in case my system somehow gets updated and I lose gateway. Do you have to run the game before the ticket goes on the nand?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can just install the .CIAs on SYSNAND 4.2. As long as the banner shows, you're good to put it on emuNAND and update to a compatible firmware (note that the latest firmware 9.6 doesn't work on Gateway's emuNAND yet, so unless you have a means to update to a Gateway-compatible firmware, you'll need to use rxTools with a proper slot0x25KeyX.bin for the time being).

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I thought. I am eventually going to put everything on emunand, I just wanted the tickets on my sysnand just in case my system somehow gets updated and I lose gateway. Do you have to run the game before the ticket goes on the nand?

there's a quote in spanish that goes: For preferences, they made colours.
In my case, if something happens and i lose GW access, i'd rather get rid of the 3DS and get a new one.

Bu2d85

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's a quote in spanish that goes: For preferences, they made colours.
In my case, if something happens and i lose GW access, i'd rather get rid of the 3DS and get a new one.

The 3ds would have a higher resale value with said games installed. I could possibly profit if I reaplaced it with the same model. You are right, I would get a new one.

Did the U.S. MM N3DS bundle have the game pre-installed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo