Samutz

OP
Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Missed it already posted here: http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=42883 (searching clickbeat doesn't search clickbeats
blink.gif
)

http://www.thephorse.net/beatclick/news/

QUOTE said:
Hmm, What is ClickBeat, anyway?

Glad you asked! ClickBeat is the first music game developed specifically for the PC, for the mouse! The aim of the game is to click the circles on the screen as they appear, in time with the music.

Dude, this looks like an Osu! clone. What gives?

We admit that it’s very similar to Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!, and it was our original intention to make a clone. But we like to think we gave it our own little twist. Plus, playing it with the mouse is radically different from playing it with the stylus of the Nintendo DS. But yeah, we’re aware of the similarity!

It only comes with 2 songs, and one "how to play" stage, but you can download others from their site.

You can also make your own stages using scripts. I haven't looked into how exactly yet, but it doesn't look very easy.

The engine is still a way from being able to replicate EBA-type stages, but if they get enough support, it could turn out pretty good I think.

shurf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already downloaded and intsalled this. The two songs packed in are only mildly fun, but at least very well synced. You have to add user-created songs to it, like that other rhythm game StepMania. I have to say though, after all my time playing this game, I still find the weird target-looking notes pretty ugly. Plus, playing with the mouse is infinitely more challenging than playing with a stylus.

Ehh... the game can be better. I'll stick to StepMania for now.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human with cyborg enhancements
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or like terminatior
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    with living tissue
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty there is health behaviour you can add to your character, then to use a health bar is lil more complicated, google n watch a few tutorial video on it, be too hard to explain here.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the character has the health behavior
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I know you have to create a health and health max variable. Then there is a calculation you use in code to subtract width size of the health bar. Google few vids.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the "greenflatbar" is one of the preset health bars btw
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you can use any bar/sprite. It will just change the width. Ok good luck and have fun. I'm off to go shoot some pool at the bar. Talk to you later.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why does the health behavior exist if you can just use a variable?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and nope the number still doesnt change
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok im gonna make my own asset
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm i think i fixed it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I fixed it
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    how are you\
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, we just talked like 2 hours ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had the Goodyear blimp fly real low right over my house this morning, was weird out of nowhere looking up and seeing it that close up. Memorial golf tourney going on by me in Dublin Ohio and its there.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i tried the gdevelop mobile app and theres a event limit and you have to pay to add more events
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I never used the mobile or online versions, just the pc version.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only use the online version
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was at the bar for 1 hour and lost $40 playing pool, and said well that's enough for my unlucky day, better quit. Some sharks up there today.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, did you get drunk?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, did you get drunk?