How to get Tekken Tag 2 dlc working in 2023

Mike_77712

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since there aren’t any instructions on the internet that show how to get all dlc working including Tekken Tunes on the actual ps3 console here’s my take: You NEED the US version (i did this without deleting my current update and install files but feel free to delete yours and start from scratch (as I’m sure that’s the more appropriate way of doing this):

Use a copy of BLUS31002

get music dlc pkgs and their respective rap files for the USA version of Tekken Tag 2

install the USA music pkg dlc files and activate raps with psnpatch/reactPSN

install Tekken Tag 2 BLES01702 v1.01 pkg (it unlocks all stages, characters and the bikini dlc. basically all the free dlc that was given away in the Tag 2 updates)

start Tekken Tag 2 and let it update to 1.03, quit once you get to the main menu

use ftp or multiman to copy eboot.bin from dev_hdd0/game/BLES01702/USRDIR and paste it in dev_hdd0/game/BLUS31002/USRDIR. Click yes when it asks to overwrite

start the game and all the characters, music, stages and bikinis should be there(even if it complains about dlc not being usable after loading your save). I’m sure you can install the music pkgs at any point but I’m just giving the order I did this in. If you care for the dlc videos just grab the pkgs and install them too, I didn’t because I don’t really care for them. Also not sure if the snoop dog stage gets unlocked when you paste the eboot.bin because i used the snoop dog dlc stage pkg while i was experimenting, you could always just do that if for some reason. The eboot.bin is basically update 1.01 that we ‘stole’ from the EU version

But why go through all this trouble if character pack a and b, plus bikini dlc pkgs for the US version are available?

Because the dlc stages don’t unlock unless you use update 1.01 aka eboot.bin in our case since the actual BLUS31002 1.01 pkg is nowhere to be found (at least to my knowledge). And using an EU copy of TT2 with the All DLC ver EUR pkg that’s been floating around the internet doesn’t even unlock the music when you follow the instructions on these guides I’ve been seeing. Plus the actual EU music dlc pkgs are nowhere to be found on the internet, just the videoclip dlc pkgs are readily available

Yes I know you can add your own music with a usb but I highly doubt the sound quality would be the same, plus who wants to track down all those mp3s? or whatever format it uses :nayps3:

man I suck at formatting:wub:

Last edited by Mike_77712,

Immersion

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is kinda hacky and not needed anymore.

Actually all the DLCs (with music & movies) are available for EU/US in PSN No-intro. Some are unfortunately not named for the EU version, just search "BLES01702" through the database.

N****station also has it (check the pending tab for the missing EU ones - Music pack).

To get this working :
  1. Install all DLCs pkg for your region (1.03 + movies + music + etc...)
  2. Use a completed save for your region or connect to the PSN
  • Real PS3 : Encrypted save or connect to the PSN
  • rpcs3 : Decrypted save

Use Apollo Save Tool to decrypt save from real PS3

Why is a full save needed ? The free DLCs were all unlocked as soon as you connect to the PSN ingame, that step can't be reproduced in rpcs3.

Last edited by Immersion,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably because the game cover looks like it's meant for little kids