Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mackne.net
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone its Inochi-PM here.
I'm stuck in a bad way with Tongari Boushi 3DS unfortunately and i'm in need of some major help with the code.bin.

In the code.bin hides some of the games menu texts and they have to be translated for the patches release and I cannot for the life of me find any help online about it.
When we tried to decompile in IDA it doesn't work properly and were missing heavy amount's of assembly stuff nor will Ghidra or IDA let us edit said data.
Now i'm not an expert when it comes to editing and hacking so thats why i'm on here asking for some help!!

With these blobs of text and menu options hiding in here i cannot feasibly fully translate the game into english.

If anyone has any information at all about patching or hacking or replacing strings of text inside the the code.bin please message me here on the forums or on my discord
Inochi-PM#7835

Below will be some images of the code.bin in wxMEdit.

Screenshot_2022-10-06_at_4.36.52_PM.png

Screenshot_2022-10-06_at_4.34.26_PM.png

Screenshot_2022-10-06_at_4.44.08_PM.png

Reactions: swosho

InochiPM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mackne.net
XP
Country
United States
You can run the code.bin through a string dumper. The "strings" command on linux should work. Then you can copy paste that output in to the search function of a hex editor like HxD to edit them.
Oh i have all of the strings, i know where they are in the file. its the hacking part of getting them out and back in in english is the part were trying to do. The strings themselves are in UTF16-LE so they have to be edited a specific way i believe.

Reactions: CompSciOrBust

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?