• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Colbert Super PAC Releases First SC Attack Ad

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure many of you have heard that Stephen Colbert is planning to run for the Republican nomination, and to do so, he handed over his Super PAC to Jon Stewart. Well, The Definitely Not Coordinated With Stephen Colbert Super PAC (officially known as Americans For A Better Tomorrow, Tomorrow) also has just released it's first attack ad for the South Carolina, which you can view here.

Personally, I think that they've really nailed this one (plus, it has John Lithgow as the narrator, so that always helps). I can't wait to see what else they come up with as they lampoon the American electoral system.

But GBAtemp, I want your opinion: was this a great attack ad, or the greatest attack ad?

Reactions: 1 person

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
It's not even a bad ad, it's the worst ad!

Kind of like how George Bush isn't a great President, but the greatest President!

ROMNEY FOR PRESIDENT 2012 COLBERT FOR VICE PRESIDENT REPUBLICANS FOR LIFE

pubert09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's kind of funny considering John Lithgow played a serial killer in Dexter (A REALLY good one at that!)

I thought we didn't like corporations, though? Aren't they bad?

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
I honestly think is not as funny as it should be. Also, I think by attacking (even thou not in the sence of an attack but a comic attack) only one person they might be leveraging some voters, for better or worse. Why not just attack everyone at the same time? That IMO would have been funnier.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly think is not as funny as it should be. Also, I think by attacking (even thou not in the sence of an attack but a comic attack) only one person they might be leveraging some voters, for better or worse. Why not just attack everyone at the same time? That IMO would have been funnier.

The point of this particular ad is to satirize the ones that Newt Gingrich's Super PAC (I can't find the specific one this ad is focused on, but this article discusses it) have been using to try to smear Romney's campaign.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again