Hardware Combining broken 2ds consoles into 1 working one +

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i have 3 broken systems i got from a friend (all discriptions provided by my friend)

(A) red 2ds - unresponsive motherboard (the unit does not power on) - from drop damage
(B) blue 2ds - touch screen senses continuous touch at dent in screen - from drop damage
(C) blue o3ds - broken wi-fi - also from drop damage

i want to know a few things like
how can i take the screen from (A) for (B). . . what i mean is i only opened psp's and ds lite systems and wanted to know if i would need a soldering iron to get to it or is it as simple as a few ribbon cables and screws

and is it possable to take the wifi recever/module from the red 2ds and put it in the o3ds and would that require soldering

any help and/or guide links would be apreacated

thanks wormdood

ShroomKing

Somebody
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know to be honest, if the system is modular (like a ps vita for example) you should be able to just take out the broken parts and replace them with the working ones by connecting them with the right cables.

Last edited by ShroomKing,

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i have 3 broken systems i got from a friend (all discriptions provided by my friend)

(A) red 2ds - unresponsive motherboard (the unit does not power on) - from drop damage
(B) blue 2ds - touch screen senses continuous touch at dent in screen - from drop damage
(C) blue o3ds - broken wi-fi - also from drop damage

i want to know a few things like
how can i take the screen from (A) for (B). . . what i mean is i only opened psp's and ds lite systems and wanted to know if i would need a soldering iron to get to it or is it as simple as a few ribbon cables and screws

and is it possable to take the wifi recever/module from the red 2ds and put it in the o3ds and would that require soldering

any help and/or guide links would be apreacated

thanks wormdood
Replacing WiFi would be the easiest fix.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
right but as far as that would i need to by a new part for o3ds wifi? or can i use the one currently in the broken 2ds?
My bad. Thought they were all 2DS. Reading fail.
You can look over at iFixit and see if they are the same part. They might be the same part, if it is, then it should be a fairly easy swap.
If not, red to blue screen transfer might be the easiest.
@vb_encryption_vb Any input on this? I'm sure you'd know.

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wifi boards are interchangable, ive tried it myself. These things are HARD to kill because they are modular. The most expensive part, the mother board, can be purchased online for like $30.

ifixit.com is an invaluable resource for 3/2DS repair instructions.

Also, drop damage usually means either "broken screen" or "loose cable/board" unless it was thrown with force to the ground...

The third one should be fixable by just opening it up, and securing the wifi board to the motherboard (it likely just came a little loose; my last 3ds fix)

Last edited by kehkou,
Reactions: wormdood

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
Take system (A) and swap its motherboard with system (B) or swap system (B)'s screen with system (A)'s screen , as for the wifi module which ever 2DS system is left just swap the wifi module.
Do some research first.

Note: The wifi cards are modular not sure about 2DS though , make sure to examine all their guts.

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wifi board is modular just tare down the o3ds and unplug the wifi antenna and replace the wifi board with a new one ;)

Or, ya know, just plug the board back in if it came loose. OP check this first (L and R buttons are not required to be connected to test this) if not then try a different board.

Last edited by kehkou,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: