Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Salamantis said:
Garfield = win
Wrong kind of comics, but whatever floats your boat.
laugh.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish Amazing Spider-Man Brand New Day would have more of Mister Negative and less Freak and Menace (or yet another Green Goblin clone).

Also...Kick Ass rules.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hadrian said:
I wish Amazing Spider-Man Brand New Day would have more of Mister Negative and less Freak and Menace (or yet another Green Goblin clone).

Also...Kick Ass rules.
I like Menace, though I agree with you on Freak. Though it's not the character's fault, it was the writer. Bob Gale's arc on Brand New Day was AWFUL. It read like a book that wouldn't even have been good back in the 80s. The rest, I loved, but Bob Gale needs to be taken off that book NOW.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Has anyone read Archie & The Punisher aka The Punisher goes to Riverdale?

Most surreal crossover ever ...

Yeah, I remember the comic crash of 1997 ... comics had gotten so out of control, and were truly taking the piss outta the fans ... up to 6 variant covers per issue, with some comics ... money, money, money ...

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
thebobevil said:
Yeah, I remember the comic crash of 1997 ... comics had gotten so out of control, and were truly taking the piss outta the fans ... up to 6 variant covers per issue, with some comics ... money, money, money ...
It's much like that these days, lots of crossovers, lots of variants, but there's a difference... this time the writing is actually good. I've never seen an era like this in comics; an era where I could officially say there are more A-list excellent titles at Marvel than there are poor and mediocre ones.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Freak is just "oh shit we need to be edgy, lets have a drug addicted baddie". No need for Spider-Man to be edgy, though I did like "The Evil That Men Do".

moozxy

hamboning
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The only comics I've read are the ones through Civil War and up to volume 3 of The Ultimates. I don't know why I stopped.. They were pretty good.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hadrian said:
Freak is just "oh shit we need to be edgy, lets have a drug addicted baddie". No need for Spider-Man to be edgy, though I did like "The Evil That Men Do".
Oh man, Evil That Men Do. SO GOOD. Shame it took Kevin Smith literally 3 years to do the last 3 issues.

Bob Evil

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The writing is better, thank god ... it's the only thing keeping Chapter 11 away from the door for many publishers ...

A lot of it comes from the fact that the writers no longer feel that they ae writing for a young audience ... they are embracing the fact that most comic book readers are 21+ ...

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
thebobevil said:
The writing is better, thank god ... it's the only thing keeping Chapter 11 away from the door for many publishers ...

A lot of it comes from the fact that the writers no longer feel that they ae writing for a young audience ... they are embracing the fact that most comic book readers are 21+ ...
It's true. Not that there aren't young readers, but most/many of us are longterm. And even those that aren't are so busy being adolescent idiots during their younger years that they don't get into it until they've matured.

Posts merged

QUOTE(thebobevil @ Apr 29 2008, 06:20 PM) Are any of you reading Garth Ennis' "The Boys" ?

I love that fuckin' thing ...
I was, and then I stopped when there was talk of cancellation. Did it ever move publishers?

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another thing, what the fuck was up with Amazing Spider-Man and the whole "he did reveal himself in Civil War but erm nobody saw who was under the mask, even though his fucking enemies did and went after Aunt May & Mary Jane and all that shit." That was annoying.

Bob Evil

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ace Gunman said:
thebobevil said:

It's true. Not that there aren't young readers, but most/many of us are longterm. And even those that aren't are so busy being adolescent idiots during their younger years that they don't get into it until they've matured.

Posts merged

QUOTE(thebobevil @ Apr 29 2008, 06:20 PM) Are any of you reading Garth Ennis' "The Boys" ?

I love that fuckin' thing ...
I was, and then I stopped when there was talk of cancellation. Did it ever move publishers?

Yeah .. it moved to Dynamite ... it's now on Issue 17 ... the second trade paperback is out ...

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hadrian said:
Another thing, what the fuck was up with Amazing Spider-Man and the whole "he did reveal himself in Civil War but erm nobody saw who was under the mask, even though his fucking enemies did and went after Aunt May & Mary Jane and all that shit." That was annoying.
No, that's incorrect. Everything that happened in continuity happened. What happened at the end of One More Day was a memory erasing. Everyone simply forgot his identity. Everything that happened with Aunt May and Mary Jane still happened (except he and MJ were longterm dating instead of married in their memories).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1