ROM Hack [Completed] Love Plus English Translation Patch

SweetieBelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi jewel,

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been using YSmenu for all the roms. Guess will just have to wait for them to update it. I've already reported the issue. I've tried Wood R4 before, but well, let's just say it didn't worked out well for me. Haha!

Firstly, I would "chkdsk /f" the card, then try loading another large game and see if it runs. If both still fail, you may need to reformat the SD card with the Panasonic SD format tool, or another similar app.

ky3173

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Firstly, I would "chkdsk /f" the card, then try loading another large game and see if it runs. If both still fail, you may need to reformat the SD card with the Panasonic SD format tool, or another similar app.

Thanks for the suggestion. I can play other large roms just fine. It's the issue with the "DAT". Retrogame Fan already updated it. It now supports the Chinese Patched LPP Rom. I can play no problem. Hehe.

SweetieBelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the suggestion. I can play other large roms just fine. It's the issue with the "DAT". Retrogame Fan already updated it. It now supports the Chinese Patched LPP Rom. I can play no problem. Hehe.

Ahh good. :)

Not sure if it applies to your card or not but you should know, a few of the R4's are touchy when you exit the game. I have a few cards, the R4 gold would regularly damage the LP rom. I had to scan and fix it once a week. Just be conscious of that.

Also, there's a Chinese/English LP support forum you might like http://loveplusenglish.proboards.com/
And of course, there's the good old love plus guide https://sites.google.com/site/loveplusguide/

Enjoy!

iSubaru

Kitsune
Trophies
Website
clash-of-gods.netau.net
XP
Country
Poland
Personally I'm more at ease with the idea that this is not pirating a game but simply adding an English patch.
Unless a law in a country is crazy^11, then as long as it's kept as patch file not patched game, you are clear and nobody can sue you for that. Many translator teams think that if a company after 10 years of silence announces suddenly that they will bring the game to english language BUT to different console, they don't have to stop translating and start babbling about stealing income or other crap (I'm looking at YOU Namco Bandai, as usual...).

I don't know if it's possible; exporting a patch to a legit game cart (don't they have only readable memory?)
Game cart yes...but RAM is writeable ;)
In theory it's possible to do...let's call it patching-on-the-fly from SD Card to RAM and replace kanji (kya T_T) to alphabet letters understandable to us.
Also, it's possible to patch the game some other way, but I'm not sure how much I can tell here. I don't want to make local gods angry :P

I downloaded the Chinese Patched LPP but I got the error code 4 when trying to the start the game using YSMenu (updated to the latest firmware) on my DSLite using original R4. Any suggestion on how to solve this? I've attached the error screen for reference.
Error Code 4...it may be this: "The game you're trying to play is either DSi enhanced or has AP"

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Would like to let you guys know that a translation project for NewLovePlus+ has just started, we would now like to ask the help of people who worked on the creation of this patch and want to take part with the translation of the "NEW" game scripts to come join us!

Last edited by Dgrin,
Reactions: popokakapetu

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mind if anyone wants to use the scripts in the Love Plus English translation patch for any of the game's sequels. You just have to extract the scripts from the patch and match them up with the new game's scripts by yourself. (Most scripts on TLWiki and Google Docs are outdated.)

By the way, if you want to set up an open translation project, make sure there's someone in your team who knows Japanese well and that person should always get a notification whenever there's a translation posted, so he/she can make sure the translation you get is valid and not machine translated.

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I don't mind if anyone wants to use the scripts in the Love Plus English translation patch for any of the game's sequels.

Thank you for the permission, I've come to learn this game by playing this patch and you guys have really captured the mood and did great justice to Uchida Akari's scripts!

Last edited by Dgrin,

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
BTW although the game was portrayed under a negative light, your website and translation project was featured in a TV series called 'Dark.Net.S01E01.2016', congratulations!

here are 2 screen captures:
image.png~original

12509248_939909399418779_4924530640399225968_n%201.png~original

Last edited by Dgrin,
Reactions: CeeDee

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
...and there is was a special appearance by Akari Uchida in the episode and he did a really cool thing(not gonna spoil it though)!XD

Last edited by Dgrin,

AppleMacGenius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a little trouble all of a sudden with the patched version. Right after the dream sequence the entire screen went white... and now I can't get it to do anything.. I'm running the game in an emulator on a GPD. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm having a little trouble all of a sudden with the patched version. Right after the dream sequence the entire screen went white... and now I can't get it to do anything.. I'm running the game in an emulator on a GPD. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Actually I went in to the emulator and reset game play.. that seemed to fix it. Sorry for the noise.. great job!!!

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I find it very strange how fans would put so much effort into translating the original when an enhanced version exists.
I find it strange that you had to comment on this when the patch was released 8 years ago.

Gnas4326

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
@Ari Akasaki
For problem no.1)
Please read the FAQs
For problem no.2)
I don't know. Never happened to me before.
Hello, I'm new to both the game and the forum.
First and foremost, thank you for translating and patching the game. I've been hooked on it for weeks and love every second of it.
I'm currently stuck on Problem No. 1, and the FAQ is no longer available in 2022. It would be greatly appreciated if you could reupload the FAQ.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: