mike1984

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
What does this mean. I went to a website and it says most of the games are compressed. Do I have to anything special to these compressed games? And no, i'm not talking about the .rar files lmao. I may be nub but not that.

On a side note, how do I get Wii Sports Resort to work???? Thanks peeps.

metroid4life14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's useful to note that wiiscrubber has 2 functions: scrubbing and trimming. Scrubbing refers to replacing garbage data with easily compressible data, so that rared up, it's easier to share. Trimmed, meanwhile, simply deletes the garbage data and makes the iso smaller (which is how people have been able to play NSMB on a 512mb flash drive)

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
metroid4life14 said:
I think it's useful to note that wiiscrubber has 2 functions: scrubbing and trimming. Scrubbing refers to replacing garbage data with easily compressible data, so that rared up, it's easier to share. Trimmed, meanwhile, simply deletes the garbage data and makes the iso smaller (which is how people have been able to play NSMB on a 512mb flash drive)
Actually that last part is accomplished by putting the ISOs on a WBFS partition.

videopete

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to store my games in RAR format as small as possible.
Here's what I do...

Run my ISO through WiiScrubber which makes an identical sized ISO (but at this point it can be compressed with winrar)
I use winrar to compress it down to a smaller size - it's now compressed format - this is the ONLY file I want to keep, all others I want to delete.

My question is: I've heard that you REQUIRE all the original data in the original large ISO to play the game (ie. wiiscrubber plus DIFF option data)

I simply want to uncompress the RAR file and burn my game and play.
Is this possible using my method?
I'm running 3.4 system menu
I wanted to backup all my games this way so that they take up much less space BUT I don't want to screw them up so that I may have problems playing them or burning them at a later date.

Can anyone shed some light on this WiiScrubber process (1.4 is the version I'm using btw)
Thanks in advance

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The DIFF isn't typically needed. Try just burning the scrubbed ISO.

I have/had several scrubbed ISOs (Wii Music, Wii Fit+, Conduit, Pinkfish Disc), and i have never needed to unscrub them with a DIFF before using them. The torrents I got them from don't even come with the DIFF (if they did, why bother scrubbing it?) When unRAR'd, they are regular 4GB ISOs I can burn with nero or play on usb loaders.

metroid4life14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Fenrir

the new version of configurable USB loader supports FAT32, which makes a WBFS manager a thing of the past (it WILL sooner or later, at least). So far, the only way to trim an iso on a FAT drive is to use the trim function of wiiscrubber
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: balls over