Hacking Conduit 2 error #002

danweb

OP
Trophies
Website
www.syn.org.au
XP
Country
I got error #002 when i put in the disc. My wii is softmodded and is running system menu 4.2. It is an official disc on an australian wii. Please help ASAP. My brother is killing me because he can't play it!
cry.gif
cry.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
How is the thing softmodded?

Since it's an original game, I take it he tries to run it through the disc channel, which means it tries to use its normal IOS. Unfortunately, I don't know which IOS conduit 2 uses (@others: some help here?), but you should be able to use modmii to download and install the latest version of this IOS manually.

As an alternative...I hear it works on rev21, base IOS56. As such, it you install that to 249 and run neogamma, you should be able to play the disc from there (you may have to add the 002 fix in the settings).

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seaking said:
why not update to 4.3 and re-mod it? it shouldnt take too long.
yea an loose all the goodies that come with bannerbomb.
wacko.gif
just use mod mii as xflax has told others with the same problem, update every thing with that an do as wever said. an it should work.
" i wonder how these yahoo's even got their own wii's soft modded. updating doesn't fix every thing. here is an idea, next time you update yours before telling some one to up date theirs".
ninja.gif

danweb

OP
Trophies
Website
www.syn.org.au
XP
Country
I just ran it through neogamma straight up and it worked. But i want a permanent solution so that i can run it through the disc channel. It was softmodded with NUSAD before it became ModMii. Does anyone know which IOS conduit 2 uses. I would also like to know what IOS Kirby's Epic Yarn uses, but that is another story. Thank you everyone.
biggrin.gif

F. Lobot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah dude just update all active IOSs with Modmii. It won't even touch the cIOSs so all your modded loader crap will still work just as well, maybe better.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Error #002 happens if the needed IOS isn't there or outdated, afaik. Conduit 2 uses IOS57, so use DOP-Mii: WiiBrew Edition to just update/install that IOS (be shure to have the latest HBC). No need to update everything if you're happy with your Set-Up, though you can also do that, if you want.

@bazamuffin Why should he need a Game? As long as the HBC is the latest version, it will survive the update without any problems.

F. Lobot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
Error #002 happens if the needed IOS isn't there or outdated
Not necessarily, I tried playing a Sonic Colors retail disk through Ocarina and it gave me Error #002. Worked fine through the disk channel.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
F. Lobot said:
Blue-K said:
Error #002 happens if the needed IOS isn't there or outdated
Not necessarily, I tried playing a Sonic Colors retail disk through Ocarina and it gave me Error #002. Worked fine through the disk channel.
Disc Channel =/ GeckoOS, and I'm talking about the disc channel. In fact, I even remember reading somewhere that GeckoOS has problems with Error #002. Again, I'm not shure, but that doesn't change anything about my suggestion, which should work without any problems, and is a simple one.

MAVLL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings. Wich Ios uses The New Conduit 2. Always load disk channel (oficcial) and first got black screen but after patchin IOS57 with trucha and IOS53 And IOS55 (trucha both) now i got blu screen with error 002#. It remind me when mario galaxy 2 was out and have the same problem (wich i solved upgrading IOS56 to the last rev).

Any Ideas..

Thanks in Advance.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Erm...isn't "trucha patching" an IOS just overwriting it with another version that still has that bug?

Anyway...zizer already mentioned The conduit uses IOS57. So just update that one to the latest revision and you should be fine.

Well...for retail discs, that is. Perhaps check out darkcorp to make sure you have the latest trucha bugged IOS57?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
002 error happens if the game is booted with a wrong IOS or if the revision of the IOS is not high enough. NeoGamma and the other usb loaders fake the info which IOS is loaded when starting a game, to prevent 002 error(until an IOS Reload happens...). When you use the disc channel, the correct IOS is used and you just need its latest version installed. (or any IOS/cIOS installed in that IOS slot with a revision number >= the requested one, which is what darkcrap does)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol