Gregthree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
Gregthree said:
I know I am out of topic here but I was browsing hte web site yesterday and had found a nice guide on what all the loaders that were available and what hdd drive formats they used. Does anybody know where I can find that thing. These sites areso useful and now that I forgot to add to favorites I cannot find it. If you know please link. Thanks in advance.
Was it not Backup loading basics

Why yes it was. Thank you. I have no idea why I could not find it again. Maybe it was a mistake the first time. THANKS

bd3319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. why when i format a whole drive to fat32 it takes a lot longer to load files (games, apps, jpegs) than it does in ntfs. I have tried Swiss Knife app and other apps to format to fat32 and doesn't seem to make a difference. should loading files be just as fast on fat32 as ntfs? I'm using 1tb wd drive. Thanks.

R2-D2199

Trophies
Website
softwii.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

is it possible to include a function, that a video file (a trailer of the game for example) is played when a game is selected? (with th mplayer source) (sd:/usb-loader/movies/GAMEID.avi?)
such as the Freestyle Dash of the 360.

SleepyPrince

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
is it possible to enable wiird within cfg loader? (not in the config file)
I only found the ocarnia option in game settings
maybe it can be expand to ocarnia & debugger?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
R2-D2199 said:
Hi,
is it possible to include a function, that a video file (a trailer of the game for example) is played when a game is selected? (with th mplayer source) (sd:/usb-loader/movies/GAMEID.avi?)
No, it's not possible.

QUOTE(SleepyPrince @ Mar 1 2010, 04:52 PM) is it possible to enable wiird within cfg loader? (not in the config file)
No, it's not possible.
however, correct me if I'm wrong, but you need a PC to use the debugger right?
so if you're on a pc you can run:
wiiload cfg54.dol wiird=1 hooktype=whatever...
and you're set.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
R2-D2199 said:
oggzee said:
R2-D2199 said:
Hi,
No, it's not possible.
why?
Depends on what you mean with possible
smile.gif

Is it currently possible? - no.
Will it be possible in the future? - no.
Is it technically possible? - yes.

R2-D2199

Trophies
Website
softwii.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oggzee said:
R2-D2199 said:
oggzee said:
R2-D2199 said:
Hi,
No, it's not possible.
why?
Depends on what you mean with possible
smile.gif

Is it currently possible? - no.
Will it be possible in the future? - no.
Is it technically possible? - yes.

OK,.....
wink.gif

Why is it currently not possible?
Why it wouldn´t be possible in the future?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
that seems like a backwards way of doing things anyways... why would u want to play a video with a trailer in a usb loader? That would require having a database of trailers for all your games... very pointless... people have requested displaying the banner of the game (and i think oggzee rejected the idea under the pretense that it would slow down the loader)... but that would make more sense because the banner is stored in the game ISO itself

@oggzee, if u change your mind on adding banner support into the loader, Savegame Manager gx has made lots of progress with displaying banners (from real nand only so far though). I think it would be awesome to apply that feature to cfg loader.

But as always, if u decide against it, I'm sure u have good reason to and I'll support either decision your team makes.

R2-D2199

Trophies
Website
softwii.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
xflak40 said:
that seems like a backwards way of doing things anyways... why would u want to play a video with a trailer in a usb loader? That would require having a database of trailers for all your games... very pointless... people have requested displaying the banner of the game (and i think oggzee rejected the idea under the pretense that it would slow down the loader)... but that would make more sense because the banner is stored in the game ISO itself

@oggzee, if u change your mind on adding banner support into the loader, Savegame Manager gx has made lots of progress with displaying banners (from real nand only so far though). I think it would be awesome to apply that feature to cfg loader.

But as always, if u decide against it, I'm sure u have good reason to and I'll support either decision your team makes.

the banner feature is also good.

i didn't ask about a trailer database.
everyone can create their own files.
and if it slowdowns the loader, you can make a option to activate/deactivate it.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
R2-D2199 said:
Hi,

With mplayer's source? Impossible or VERY complicated, as far as i know mplayer has a mini linux included. Getting both(the loader and linux) to work at the same time sounds highly complicated to me.

Ok, then use the code from a media player that does not include linux? (i guess that's the next question)

That seems possible, but i have no idea if the Wii is fast enough to get it to work smoothly. And configurable usb loader would get even bigger, i have no idea if there would be memory issues because of this. Oh and most important: Oggzee said impossible. Translation: If you do it, and your result is nice, it might be added to the code, if you don't, don't ask too much about this when you don't have any idea how complicated this is or how much work it would be for this little feature

oggzee said:
QUOTE(SleepyPrince @ Mar 1 2010, 04:52 PM) is it possible to enable wiird within cfg loader? (not in the config file)
No, it's not possible.
however, correct me if I'm wrong, but you need a PC to use the debugger right?
so if you're on a pc you can run:
wiiload cfg54.dol wiird=1 hooktype=whatever...
and you're set.

Hmm, are you sure that wiiload works when the usb gecko is in the mode that allows Wiird? I'm not an usb gecko pro even if i have one, but i think you need to change a setting in the driver to be able to use wiiload and that one breaks wiird. And no i don't have wifi on my wii.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SleepyPrince said:
@wiipower
I can confirm oggzee's method of loading cfg loader with wiiload & wiird=1 works

You mean you load the loader via the usb gecko AND you are actually able to use Wiird to hack games?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
xflak40 said:
... people have requested displaying the banner of the game (and i think oggzee rejected the idea under the pretense that it would slow down the loader)...
I don't think i ever said anything like that.
If anything I probably said that I would not do it because it's too much work.

xflak40 said:
Those are not the full banner animations:
QUOTE(giantpune @ Mar 1 2010, 02:30 AM)
these are not the same type of banner as the channel animations. these banners dont have brlyt or brlan.
we can already get the images from the channel animations and partially parse the brlyt/brlan. but there is some stuff i dont understand about the animation files. so the best i can do is just slop the images on the screen. it will look like asshole to do it that way.
If anyone really makes a banner player I have no problem including it in the loader, just don't expect me to implement one.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
bd3319 said:
I have a question. why when i format a whole drive to fat32 it takes a lot longer to load files (games, apps, jpegs) than it does in ntfs. I have tried Swiss Knife app and other apps to format to fat32 and doesn't seem to make a difference. should loading files be just as fast on fat32 as ntfs? I'm using 1tb wd drive. Thanks.
Are you using a -fat version of the .dol?

If not, either start using that version, or add "hide_hddinfo=1" to the end of config.txt.

hunterm

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.hunterm.tk
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you were looking for banner playing code, you would need Zetsobou, by SquidMan and the others that made Benzin. But they licensed all the Benzin, all of that stuff under HACKERCHANNEL License, making it impossible to add it in without breaking the terms of the license.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one