Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Leftnothing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just updated my Wii with all the latest IOS/cIOS/Apps to set it up for my kids.. I've got Priiloader autoloading CFG USB Loader v70 and wondered if there is a way I can add in a option to load WiiMC from CFG USB Loader? i.e. having say a WiiMC cover which when clicked, loads WiiMC like it would a game? or any pointers on where to look to add it into a menu/theme somewhere?

The idea is to make it as simple as possible for the kids to play games and watch films without going back to the system menu!
smile.gif

Any/all advice appreciated!
cool.gif

LN

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Leftnothing said:
I've just updated my Wii with all the latest IOS/cIOS/Apps to set it up for my kids.. I've got Priiloader autoloading CFG USB Loader v70 and wondered if there is a way I can add in a option to load WiiMC from CFG USB Loader? i.e. having say a WiiMC cover which when clicked, loads WiiMC like it would a game? or any pointers on where to look to add it into a menu/theme somewhere?

The idea is to make it as simple as possible for the kids to play games and watch films without going back to the system menu!
smile.gif

cool.gif

LN

You want an ISO forwarder, I'm sure there is one or more floating around for WiiMC.

rogergamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
i have a usb hdd with 2 partitions, 1 of them is a HFS+ the other one is NTSF, which is marked active and primary, but somehow cfg wont pick it up, it just says it is not responding, do i need specific configs??? help???

thanks in advance

EDIT:nvm, got it working

Leftnothing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DGenerateKane said:
Leftnothing said:

You want an ISO forwarder, I'm sure there is one or more floating around for WiiMC.

Thanks for the tip!
smile.gif
- I've been searching and found this one and this one from Tristar then also as a test created a ISO forwarder of my own (from a WiiWare WAD) using 3 ISO's studio... Unfortunetly none of them appear to work. I either get a black screen using IOS 222-mload or "error: openpartition (0x50000) -64 returned (ret = -64)" if using IOS 247/248 etc. (Tried with block ISO reload on/off & auto)

It seems loading WiiMC needs to be done via the channel forwarder (which I'd already got installed) but I can't find a working ISO loader so perhaps I'm doing something wrong!? (or have something missing...) I was going to try WAD2ISO but there doesn't seem to be an official WAD for WiiMC
frown.gif

Any ideas or alternate ways to load WiiMC from CFG USB Loader?

Malboro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Dr. Clipper said:
FIX94 said:
Malboro said:
I updated loader from 60 to 70 and now SMG2 dosen't work anymore. Booting Wii game, please wait... and stuck.
frown.gif
What I should do?
You should install cIOS249 d2x v6 base IOS56 and cIOS250 d2x v6 base IOS57 for perfect compatility. Check out the d2x thread in wii hacking for install introductions and download.
Or follow http://gwht.wikidot.com/d2x

Installed those two IOS and replaced that meta thing, but still I'm stuck on "Wii game, please wait..." >_< I'm using only USB stick. Maybe I shoul try using SD card to load that loader?

No help with SD card =[

DroRox

Ambassador of Ooo
Trophies
Website
www.trifuck.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Hmm hey guys this isn't completely urgent and I don't want to stop a temper with actual problems from getting help, namely Malboro, up there.

Well anyways CFG downloads "CD covers" and after browsing it's memory on my SD card I see the actual game CD's.

How do I view these from the actual loader on my wii?

the real SUX2BU

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone using a 3TB hard drive with this loader yet? I just set mine up and so far everything seems to be working great except I can't add or delete any games through my Wii. I added all my games on the hard drive using Wii Backup Manager 0.3.8 build 61. Everything works great with any smaller hard drives, it rips and deletes games just fine, but on my 3TB hard drive it freezes up when I try to delete or rip a game.

I tried searching but could not find anything.

pedimaisum

Trophies
Website
blogs.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys. I dont know if a solution for this issue is in progress. I have stack dump if I enter in CFG with the classic controller (not official one, the brand name is "Clone") attached to the Wiimote (different from normal stack dump screen, seems like the "stack dump" screen show some configs of the loader and then a msg that will be restarted in some seconds. Sometime is restarted but other times I need to press the power button) The error don't happen instantly when the loader loads. I can play with the covers like for 15 or 20 seconds, then error.

I try with the v70 and v70-222 with hermes 5.1, Waninkoko rev 21 with different bases and with d2x v6.

Without the classic controller, I dont have any problem.

Thank you guys for the attention one more time and for your work.
See you.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Leftnothing said:

smile.gif

cool.gif

LN
s an alternative to the ISO forwarder idea, just install a normal forwarder channel that maps to WiiMC. Then get the ID of that forwarder, and set a button up to access it. For example, if the ID is ABCD, use button_2=ABCD in config.txt and then button 2 will automatically launch WiiMC. You can do this with any of the buttons on the nunchuck, classic and GameCube controllers too if you prefer.

Smashbro29 said:
How do I enable NTFS writing and why is it even turned off in the first place?

Great loader by the way! One of the only two to easily play Smash mods.
Add ntfs_write=1 in config.txt. It's disabled by default just in case it were to cause any issues, but perhaps it is time to change the default.

Malboro said:
Dr. Clipper said:
FIX94 said:
Malboro said:
I updated loader from 60 to 70 and now SMG2 dosen't work anymore. Booting Wii game, please wait... and stuck.
frown.gif
What I should do?
You should install cIOS249 d2x v6 base IOS56 and cIOS250 d2x v6 base IOS57 for perfect compatility. Check out the d2x thread in wii hacking for install introductions and download.

Or follow http://gwht.wikidot.com/d2x

Installed those two IOS and replaced that meta thing, but still I'm stuck on "Wii game, please wait..." >_< I'm using only USB stick. Maybe I shoul try using SD card to load that loader?

No help with SD card =[
Perhaps the SD is the way to go. If you launch with the drive unplugged, you should get the option to select it. Also try launching with you USB key unplugged and plug it in after the menu comes up to try to launch it there.

QUOTE(DroRox @ Aug 3 2011, 03:47 AM)
Hmm hey guys this isn't completely urgent and I don't want to stop a temper with actual problems from getting help, namely Malboro, up there.

Well anyways CFG downloads "CD covers" and after browsing it's memory on my SD card I see the actual game CD's.

How do I view these from the actual loader on my wii?
set cover_style =disc in config.txt or use the GUI Menu to check the disc art. This will only affect how the game shows up in the console view and the grid and flow GUI modes. The coverflow modes always use full covers.

QUOTE(pedimaisum @ Aug 3 2011, 08:20 AM)
Hi guys. I dont know if a solution for this issue is in progress. I have stack dump if I enter in CFG with the classic controller (not official one, the brand name is "Clone") attached to the Wiimote (different from normal stack dump screen, seems like the "stack dump" screen show some configs of the loader and then a msg that will be restarted in some seconds. Sometime is restarted but other times I need to press the power button) The error don't happen instantly when the loader loads. I can play with the covers like for 15 or 20 seconds, then error.

I try with the v70 and v70-222 with hermes 5.1, Waninkoko rev 21 with different bases and with d2x v6.

Without the classic controller, I dont have any problem.

Thank you guys for the attention one more time and for your work.
See you.
It's a known problem with non-official classic controllers. We haven't got one to test with to attempt to fix the issue as normal classics work perfectly fine. Unfortunately, there's not much we can do here until someone fixes the bug in the devkitpro libraries.

Leftnothing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
Leftnothing said:

smile.gif

cool.gif

LN
s an alternative to the ISO forwarder idea, just install a normal forwarder channel that maps to WiiMC. Then get the ID of that forwarder, and set a button up to access it. For example, if the ID is ABCD, use button_2=ABCD in config.txt and then button 2 will automatically launch WiiMC. You can do this with any of the buttons on the nunchuck, classic and GameCube controllers too if you prefer.

That sounds like a workable alternative!
smile.gif
- I have a working WiiMC forwarder channel already installed on the System Menu.. (is that where you meant to be installed or can you somehow install one in CFG?) .. I'll be able to figure out the config.txt but how do I find out the ID of the WiiMC channel? (It's the official "WiiMC Channel Installer" from here)

LN

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does config decide what version of d2x is installed? Does it look at the signature of the installed ios? Or does it use the version number to decide if it can block reloading or not? Basically, I am wondering if the cIOS is version maxed, will it still block reloading.

Thanks in advance!
-Erik

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
How does config decide what version of d2x is installed? Does it look at the signature of the installed ios? Or does it use the version number to decide if it can block reloading or not? Basically, I am wondering if the cIOS is version maxed, will it still block reloading.
I believed it's compared by hash and that determines which d2x you have. The version shouldn't have anything to do with IOS Reload Block, also I do not think it goes above 21006 because the hashes might not match dunno on that last part.

I do know that it was based off Waninkoko cIOS and the version number only went up so high cause if it was maxed or raised higher then a different set of code would be required. I believe this to be the same effect and that may be why it's always at version21006 and not higher.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kylster said:
QUOTE said:
I believed it's compared by hash and that determines which d2x you have. The version shouldn't have anything to do with IOS Reload Block, also I do not think it goes above 21006 because the hashes might not match dunno on that last part.

I do know that it was based off Waninkoko cIOS and the version number only went up so high cause if it was maxed or raised higher then a different set of code would be required. I believe this to be the same effect and that may be why it's always at version21006 and not higher.

I thought I saw something where they had begun signing the wad a certain way it could be more easily decided which version/base was installed...

-Erik

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, version number is checked to see if the installed d2x has the IOS reload block or not, but that version check is not done via the version number of the IOS, like it used to be with 249. Changing the installed version number shouldn't really affect it.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Yes, version number is checked to see if the installed d2x has the IOS reload block or not, but that version check is not done via the version number of the IOS, like it used to be with 249. Changing the installed version number shouldn't really affect it.

That is what I thought, I just wanted to confirm before the guide(s) got updated...
smile.gif

-Erik

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well thanks for the update on my end
tongue.gif
I try and learn alot but i'll try and install a maxed rev IOS249 to see if it gets stub'd by official update later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1