Votes: 123 49.0%
  • No

Votes: 128 51.0%

• Total voters

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't know Nintendo owned Twitch, YouTube, AND Crunchyroll…
We are assuming this is actual developer leaks. It's a demo made to show others at the company how it can and will look like. I make websites for a living, when I build a draft section for partner companies or whatever I just take some of the biggest names in the clients business to showcase and make it look attractive.
They wanted to show how a folder with media applications could look. Why would they not grab the logos of the biggest and most likely apps to showcase what it'd look like?

Last edited by Shadowfied,

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Would they really introduce all of this in one go? Well tbh this may not all get released in one go and this is just some pre build with alot of future apps and shit w.e
I'd say the firmware features will get released first. The apps are probably placeholders to demonstrate the actual folder functionality. Those companies had to have announced to Nintendo that they were developing their apps for the system. Otherwise, it would be wrong for Nintendo to bundle place holder apps without licensing or any permission.

Reactions: Deleted-355425

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd say the firmware features will get released. The apps are probably placeholders to demonstrate the actual folder functionality. Those companies had to have announced to Nintendo that they were developing their apps for the system. Otherwise, it would be wrong for Nintendo to bundle place holder apps without licensing or any permission.
Bullshit. Devs put all kinds of placeholders all the time. This footage isn't meant for anyone elses eyes. They aren't gonna grab a bunch of shitty stock icons of like play buttons and film clappers haha

You know what's weird? Some fucker left a picture of the Besian school hostage crisis in Mario Kart Arcade GP. Now that's a weird placeholder..

Reactions: TotalInsanity4
D

Deleted User

OP
Alright I thought about it. Now i'm not sure.

There is a point where besides arranging icons, they do highlight mario kart, it didn't have an icon. I tested archiving a game and it shows the icon automatically...
i don't know anymore.
You have a public release firmware though. I hate this argument because they are very clearly experimenting with cloud storage. If so, then certainly there will be unintended side effects regarding storage reporting.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
You have a public release firmware though. I hate this argument because they are very clearly experimenting with cloud storage. If so, then certainly there will be unintended side effects regarding storage reporting.
I disagree. I think it's real but this is a stupid idea. It's just dummy icons. They aren't gonna waste gigabytes to show how the UI is gonna look. That's all.

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
yeah I mean now my counter-argument is that they're testing home menu so maybe they're changing the icons or maybe the icons didn't go really well with the new format so their gonna change it or something

i think it's real, but i wouldn't be surprised if it's fake.

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Real!

Also Nintendo has been restricting must have features so they can see how the console is hacked. That way if you want the must have features you’re forced to update loosing hackable firmware.

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
I disagree. I think it's real but this is a stupid idea. It's just dummy icons. They aren't gonna waste gigabytes to show how the UI is gonna look. That's all.
Although in the part where they show voice, you can only select games that would be multiplayer, if it's dummy icons then why would it show on the list? Unless they just gutted out the game.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Alright I thought about it. Now i'm not sure.

There is a point where besides arranging icons, they do highlight mario kart, it didn't have an icon. I tested archiving a game and it shows the icon automatically...

There's a part where there's voice chat and it says switch to phone, but the switch doesn't have a mic I don't think, maybe you can plug in your headphones? but we can hear it from what seems to be a tv and it looks like it's not undocked.

i don't know anymore.
He unplugged a microphone. It even said Not Connected to Microphone.

Reactions: Jacklack3

TGLaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need to be pessimistic, there's more proof here. I'm completely convinced now.
IMG_20180106_122956.jpg

(I have no idea who made this)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...