Homebrew Discussion Confirmed: Mario All Stars 3D Collection have 3 emulators

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Must be highly optimised, been playing a while on Galaxy and its flawless.
wouldnt need much considering the wii was just another cube but with a wiimote as a controller, hardware, in terms for mario galaxy wasnt much better than the requirement of sunshine, in fact they both look pretty much the same in terms of models/graphics.

from what ive seen on mario64, theyve done a pretty poor job, no full screen support.

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if this is just the case of changing out the rom file and repacking. Thats how PS2emu on PS4 works. Has anyone manged to find a config file with all of the commands on there to get this to work on the nsw.

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Wow, I was so sure they wouldn't be emulated. But this is great news though. If Super Mario Galaxy can run fullspeed emulated on the Switch then pretty much any GC/Wii game can.
If you guys are smarter.. JUST DONT BUY IT FROM NINTENDO. They are cheating on you since those are actually roms/isos on Emulators! Don't buy it!

I wonder about Super Mario 3D World in Feb 2021. It might be emulated for the Wii U Emulator as well. I would bet you on 2 cents!
:lol: Funny joke, the Switch is about 6 times too weak to emulate the Wii U. It's only somewhat more powerful than the Wii U ffs.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
D

Deleted User

I mentioned these were emulated about a week ago but nobody seemed to care. I'm just a nobody. Heh.
The Galaxy one threw me a little. Seems to be a hybrid emulator recompiling code to run natively CPU side. GPU and Audio however is being emulated?

Last edited by ,

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
should we be thanking them for charging $60 for emulated roms?
Who is forcing you or anyone to buy it?

Who cares if they run on emulators(except from you and your stupid reasons)? I mean the games run flawless on Switch and we may also get a few emulators out of this.

This is pure gold Boys.

D

Deleted User

Who cares if they run on emulators(except from you and your stupid reasons)? I mean the games run flawless on Switch and we may also get a few emulators out of this.

This is pure gold Boys.
Yeah, I don't see what he's bitching about. If it works, it works, and we have a damn goldmine thanks to those emulators hiding in plain sight. Everyone gets what they want.

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Welp, I said this 3 days ago, gg:
gbatemp.png

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
your missing the fucking point. all of you are. stop being such fucking nintenSHEEP and look for a second at what they are doing!! it's just as despicable as apple it's something they would do. iwata must be rolling in his grave right now to see what his company has turned into

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
If you guys are smarter.. JUST DONT BUY IT FROM NINTENDO. They are cheating on you since those are actually roms/isos on Emulators! Don't buy it!

I wonder about Super Mario 3D World in Feb 2021. It might be emulated for the Wii U Emulator as well. I would bet you on 2 cents!
What's wrong with you? They did the hard thing; make a proper emulator. And they did this for 3 individual systems. With this way they can easily bring other games as well.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I FUCKING CALLED IT!
Yet they were jerks saying "but it changes controls, but it has higher res, but textures" bla bla bla.
It was fucking obvious they were gonna be emulated, Nintendo's well known for being lazy fucks.

Thanks for once, Nintendo, for this gift.
Now we can exploit it for other GC/Wii games. ;)
For evrything else, they can still fuck off. lol

benthrottle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why people think that ports in general are better than emulation? Emulation is the aim for, not ports. If you can emulate the damn thing well, why would you port it? It's counterintuitive. Back in the day ports were necessary because emulation was nearly impossible. I'm actually surprised Nintendo took the time to develop/optimize an emu inhouse for this compilation. Switch is a hella weak hardware for GC/Wii emulation.

Last edited by benthrottle,

tfocosta

GBAtemp Z-Warrior
Trophies
Website
nooooooooooooooo.com
XP
Country
Canada
We should consider that the most important here is not if the games are emulated or not in order to justify the price. With CFW, anyone can run their games without buying. So if you are a fan and prefer to own legit copies, you buy the game (virtual or physical), if you are not, you don't buy.

And even if you don't have a console with CFW installed, you are still free to not buy. I'm sure that for people that intend to buy this title, it doesn't matter if the games are emulated or not, as long as that doesn't compromise the performance of their console while running them.

We all knew beforehand, from the official teaser released by Nintendo a couple of weeks ago, that the games would keep the same graphics from the original consoles, so if we really think about it, this shouldn't be a surprise. And, if I'm not wrong, it's not the first time they are doing something like this. They've used emulation in the NES mini and SNES mini. And both have sold really well.

I still think this is a smart move from Nintendo. And I'm sure it will be another best seller, mainly because of the avid collectors and Switch owners that don't own any of the previous consoles released by Nintendo and also for being a limited edition (at least for now, as a marketing campaign), what will definitely become sold-out during the 1st batch and will probably have announced an additional release later on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :cry: You arent'? :cry:
    [tells my mom not to send you anymore Christmas presents] :evil: :rofl2: :tpi:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im a minor
    So. I'm a Major
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im under 18
    I'm waaaaaaaaaay over 18. lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that makes you a pedo
    Pedo = 1. child 2. boy 3. ? I forgot. But I wish I were still a "Boy" :sad::cry::cry::cry:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant simping over someone under 18 while you are over 18 makes you a pedophile
    And when did I "simp" you?
    Just go make me the darn coffee :angry:
    Tea?
    LoL lmao
    L8er dude. going to watch YT's on the Ukraine/ruskie war.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi,tbh i think im
    not interested in whats going on irl
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tomorrow's memorial day, so i've been looking for a playlist, but it's all just country and alternative rock
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, memorial day for who?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why the hell can't i find one with a song about the soldiers who died in battle, the very reason we celebrate
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Bake them a cake :ninja:
    +1
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    I can change my name back tomorrow
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, what will your new username be?
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    My original one
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Stayin inside for memorial day. Just like other holidays, most people dont care or think about the actual reasons behind it. For most it's just another reason to get shit faced drunk and spout off hyper-patriotic nonsense. The Trumpers around here going to be out in full force with their trucks and guns and flags making noise all over town. Hard pass.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Stayin inside for memorial day. Just like other holidays, most people dont care or think about...