SquareWheel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

I am trying to load a game off of a WBFS formatted 4GB Micro-SDHC card. I have also tried an 8GB SDHC card, although it can't even mount that. I am using a Kingston 8GB USB Drive to load NeoGamma R7 in the Homebrew Channel, which works fine. I can mount the Micro-SDHC card okay (press mount and wait until the countdown finishes), although when I try to actually play a game it displays "Launching Game / Connection to WBFS lost". Strangely enough I was able to get Animal Crossing: City Folk to launch once, but only once. I have tried multiple other games.

The Wii is LU64+, NeoGamma is R7, IOS249 is R14.

Do I need to use a different IOS249 revision, or should I try a beta version of NeoGamma? Thank you.

Edit: The NeoGamma R8 beta 17 did the same thing. Maybe I need to reformat in a different WTFS program?

Upas

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got mine to mount using IOS249 rev 13 and NeoGamma R8 beta 17

I used GParted to partition the SDHC card and CFGUsbLoader to format the WBFS partition and load games onto it.

Wii Sports works fine, NSMB wii does not.

SquareWheel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After trying to launch a game repeatedly, I finally got Mario Kart Wii to run. Unfortunately, it ran in black and white...

edit: Almost got New Super Mario Bros Wii to run, but it was just a large green vertical gradient. =/ I was planning on buying a HDD to put these Wii ISOs on, but I'm not sure if I should take the risk if I can't even get anything to load.

SquareWheel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've tried every popular backup loader out, the farthest I can get is mounting the SD card. I don't know if I should buy an external hard drive for my Wii ISOs if I can't even get anything to load from an SD Card.

What else should I try?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1