Gaming Contemplating on getting a Wii U...

Nemix77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As the title says, I'm thinking about getting a Wii U for Xenoblade Chronicles X, Zelda HD's (only played Twilight Princess but I don't mind playing it again in HD with Wind Waker) and certain Wii/Gamecube classics that I do not think will be ever ported to the Switch.

I really should have bought one when they were on clearance sale a few years back when the Switch launched but at the time I had not interest in the Wii U.

These days a good condition used one actually sells more expensive than the brand new clearance priced one's a few years ago.

Does anyone know if the Wii U Pro Controller or the Wii Classic Controller Pro can be remapped in Nintendon't for Gamecube games?

Last edited by Nemix77,
Reactions: emcintosh

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if the Wii U Pro Controller or the Wii Classic Controller Pro can be remapped in Nintendon't for Gamecube games?

AIUI you can't remap these controllers beyond select/- rotating the ABXY buttons between Pro-A=GC-A and Pro-A=GC-X.

Last edited by emcintosh,
Reactions: Nemix77

Nemix77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cool, I got an offer for Wii U 32GB with Pro Controller, Wii Classic Controller Pro, 2x Wii Remotes (Motion Plus) and Wii U Fit (no board) all for $200 Canadian or $150 US. Gamepad has screen protector too..

Is this a good deal?

Last edited by Nemix77,
Reactions: emcintosh

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title says, I'm thinking about getting a Wii U for Xenoblade Chronicles X, Zelda HD's (only played Twilight Princess but I don't mind playing it again in HD with Wind Waker) and certain Wii/Gamecube classics that I do not think will be ever ported to the Switch.
What will you do if it does get ported to switch? :creep:

I really should have bought one when they were on clearance sale a few years back when the Switch launched but at the time I had not interest in the Wii U.
What about it wasn't interesting enough? :unsure:

To answer your question about remapping controller, I don't actually. Last I checked, most controllers that work with it should have a configuration file that can be modified for remapping. Unfortunately, I never messed with any of them. But the select button shifts the function of the four face buttons to function more like a gamecube controller. (Should make playing most games more comfortable) :ninja:

Reactions: Nemix77

Nemix77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I won't cry that's for sure but I really don't think the Zelda HD's are going to make to the Switch and that's where my money on this pruchase (Skyward Sword too). Anyhow, I'm going to pick it up right now...

Last edited by Nemix77,
Reactions: Stealphie

Nemix77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just got back and transaction went smooth (face mask, gloves and all).
The unit is practically brand new except it's not in the original box.
Gamepad screen has a protector so there's no scratches to the screen, surprisingly there's also no scuffs on the shiny console, Wii Remotes or Classic Controller Pro.
Everything is genuine official Nintendo products and this guy really took care of his stuff.
The power brick however is big and heavy as a brick.
For a console the only draws 35 watts during gameplay I was surprised on how big the power supply is.
I just sanitized everything (with gloves and face mask) and waiting 72 hours (COVID-19 can live on hard surfaces up to 72 hours) before I sanitized everything again and power it up, can't wait...

Last edited by Nemix77,
Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop trying to make on my cakes