ROM Hack Continuing Smash Bros. TURBO'D

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aaand ANOTHER game freeze issue! This time it involves Kirby after swallowing Falco (during the unlock battle). Seriously, what is up with all these game freezes that seem to only be happening to me? What gives?!
That didn't only happen to you, that's probably SaltySD shenanigans. Kirby's super weird, there's an issue with SaltySD already where Kirby doesn't take the costume for his power, but still has his opponent's power. Inhaling certain characters probably further makes things weird.
Why not import a complete save file to avoid these issues with unlocks?

xirtamehtsitahw

Trophies
I simultaneously exist across all moments in time.
XP
Country
United States
I'll take that into consideration. I never did care for Kirby that much, anyway. Also, did you know Bowser's Up-B is spammable, even in mid-air? That's right--in addition to having easy access to the invincible Giga Bowser transformation, King Koopa can also basically FLY! Like a spiky UFO! This mod is full of fun surprises (but it's something of a mine field, it seems).

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll take that into consideration. I never did care for Kirby that much, anyway. Also, did you know Bowser's Up-B is spammable, even in mid-air? That's right--in addition to having easy access to the invincible Giga Bowser transformation, King Koopa can also basically FLY! Like a spiky UFO! This mod is full of fun surprises (but it's something of a mine field, it seems).
I know, that was one of the few infinite up-b's I was thinking about. I'm planning on making everyone have an amazing recovery (Ganon and Falcon can spam Side-B in the air for horizontal recovery, Bowser has his Up-B, Pikachu has infinite Quick Attack, Zelda has infinite Farore's Wind, etc). It's gonna be super silly and that's what I'm going to gear this mod towards after fixing the weird hitbox issues all the characters have.

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me test multiplayer between a N3DS and an O3DS? I want to know if the speed difference between playing on an O3DS and a N3DS desyncs multiplayer.

D

Deleted-379826

Can someone help me test multiplayer between a N3DS and an O3DS? I want to know if the speed difference between playing on an O3DS and a N3DS desyncs multiplayer.
I would be happy too in about less than 24 hours

D

Deleted-379826

Just one more thing stated a bit before there was some tool that makes you not have to move around files every time you want to get back to normal smash, can you do this with a physical copy too?

Mattshark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just one more thing stated a bit before there was some tool that makes you not have to move around files every time you want to get back to normal smash, can you do this with a physical copy too?
The program works with a physical copy as well; as long as you got SaltySD, the program will work :)

xirtamehtsitahw

Trophies
I simultaneously exist across all moments in time.
XP
Country
United States
How do you go about changing the properties of the characters' moves? As in, making certain characters have unlimited recovery uses (like Pikachu and Bowser)? And about making the up taunt give characters their Final Smash? I think I have a way around that: make it so they don't transition directly into the Final Smash. Make it so they gain the "Final Smash Glow", and then they can press B to enter their Final Smash state. Problem solved...I think.

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you go about changing the properties of the characters' moves? As in, making certain characters have unlimited recovery uses (like Pikachu and Bowser)? And about making the up taunt give characters their Final Smash? I think I have a way around that: make it so they don't transition directly into the Final Smash. Make it so they gain the "Final Smash Glow", and then they can press B to enter their Final Smash state. Problem solved...I think.
To make characters have infinite recovery, you have to put a Allow_Interrupt before the move ends. However, Allow_Interrupt doesn't work with every move. I group characters together who have similar recoveries.
Fox/Falco's Fire Fox/Bird
Captain Falcon/Ganondorf's Falcon/Dark Dive
Ike/Kirby/Cloud's Aether/Final Cutter/Climmhazard(Maybe)
Ness/Lucas's PK Thunder
Bayonetta/Charizard's Witch Twist/Fly
Dedede's Dedede Jump
Meta Knight's Shuttle Loop
Sonic/Mega Man's Spring Jump/Rush Coil
Rosalina's Launch Star
Bowser Jr.'s Abondon Ship!
ROB's Robo Burner
Pit/Dark Pit's Power of Flight
Mario/Dr. Mario's Super Jump Punch
Duck Hunt/Olimar's Duck Jump/Winged Pikmin
And probably others as well.
I don't know how to give fighters that glow. I can look into it, though.

D

Deleted-379826

So far I have tested on both updated sysnand with latest luma. If n3ds hosts game all goes well with no lag but if o3ds hosts game... It says that I lose connection right after you click l and r in the training room on n3ds and on the o3ds it closes and goes to home menu saying an error has occured system will now restart, let me test that again

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Test 2 with o3ds still host, more of a success basically after we were both in training room WITHOUT clicking l and r n3ds was disconnected, so I re joined well o3ds was in training room. All went well and it was a flawless lag free match. Huh thats wierd I will try one more time with o3ds host and only once for a second time on n3ds

O3ds test 3 Flawless, b4 the last n3ds as host test Im just gonna go out and say if it doesn't work the first or second time just try again :D

n3ds as host test 2: Final test all flawless, again I think my assumption is correct :), if you need any more testing please dont be afraid to ask

Last edited by ,

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! I'm responding to see if I understand correctly:
So far I have tested on both updated sysnand with latest luma. If n3ds hosts game all goes well with no lag but if o3ds hosts game... It says that I lose connection right after you click l and r in the training room on n3ds and on the o3ds it closes and goes to home menu saying an error has occured system will now restart, let me test that again

Test 1: Using your N3DS as host there were no issues whatsoever, but if you use O3DS as host the O3DS... crashes? That's weird.

Test 2 with o3ds still host, more of a success basically after we were both in training room WITHOUT clicking l and r n3ds was disconnected, so I re joined well o3ds was in training room. All went well and it was a flawless lag free match. Huh thats wierd I will try one more time with o3ds host and only once for a second time on n3ds

Test 2: With O3DS as host you tried again, and the N3DS was disconnected before pressing L and R. Upon reconnecting you were able to have the match without any error.

O3ds test 3 Flawless, b4 the last n3ds as host test Im just gonna go out and say if it doesn't work the first or second time just try again :D

Test 3: Using the O3DS as host you were able to have the match with no issues.

n3ds as host test 2: Final test all flawless, again I think my assumption is correct :), if you need any more testing please dont be afraid to ask

Test 4: Using the N3DS as host you had the match with no issues.

Now for a more specific question: Can you enter a N3DS vs O3DS match as either Little Mac, Bowser, Wario, or Lucario to test load times with their Up-Taunt Final Smashes? I want to know if this is safe or not since it is technically loading more stuff in the middle of the match.
Also, I doubt this is necessary but can anyone confirm if N3DS to N3DS play has problems?
Thank you!
EDIT: Apparently @shinyquagsire23 is working on no extended load times with SaltySD, which might make all of these multiplayer issues obsolete. We'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited by wuboy,
D

Deleted-379826

Thank you! I'm responding to see if I understand correctly:

Test 1: Using your N3DS as host there were no issues whatsoever, but if you use O3DS as host the O3DS... crashes? That's weird.

Test 2: With O3DS as host you tried again, and the N3DS was disconnected before pressing L and R. Upon reconnecting you were able to have the match without any error.

Test 3: Using the O3DS as host you were able to have the match with no issues.

Test 4: Using the N3DS as host you had the match with no issues.

Now for a more specific question: Can you enter a N3DS vs O3DS match as either Little Mac, Bowser, Wario, or Lucario to test load times with their Up-Taunt Final Smashes? I want to know if this is safe or not since it is technically loading more stuff in the middle of the match.
Also, I doubt this is necessary but can anyone confirm if N3DS to N3DS play has problems?
Thank you!
EDIT: Apparently @shinyquagsire23 is working on no extended load times with SaltySD, which might make all of these multiplayer issues obsolete. We'll just have to wait and see.
Don't have another n3ds. And yes you are understanding corect. And yeah the o3ds was little mac twice and used his final smash many times and there were no issues unless you need more?

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't have another n3ds. And yes you are understanding corect. And yeah the o3ds was little mac twice and used his final smash many times and there were no issues unless you need more?
That's fine, thank you!
N3ds testing was open for whoever wanted to test it, though I'm sure there's no problems, I want to be positive.

Reactions: Deleted-379826

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about making the up taunt spawn a Smash Ball? You'd still have to break the Smash Ball to earn your Final Smash Glow, but you could summon a Smash Ball at any time by doing this. Also, is it possible to give a character unlimited mid-air jumps?
I don't know how to spawn stuff either.
You can give characters unlimited jumps, but you have to dig through the parameters files for specific values (which aren't labeled, by the way).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: in that case.. Both +1