Homebrew ROM Hack The Legend of Zelda: Shattered Hearts - a wild expansion of BotW for Wii U

Celdyr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ShattteredHearts_logo.png

A new epic adventure on Wii U

A complete reinterpretation of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Experience BotW with a new playable character, a completely rewritten story, and enjoy new gameplay mechanics, unique shrines, and more epic side quests than ever before! The Legend of Zelda: Shattered Hearts expansion offers a brand new experience to the original game and is not just a simple reskin. My ambition was to create an entirely new experience, a fully renewed game.

2023-05-11_18.46.57.535_TV.jpg

Project Convergence

Shattered Hearts is much more than just a compilation of mods but a convergence project to create a coherent and organic expansion, so that Linkle's story is as engaging as possible for the player. I wanted Linkle's adventure to be as consistent as possible, leaving nothing to chance. Mods like Second Wind, Lylah's Music Overhaul, Hyrule Rebalance, and many others were like pieces of a puzzle to be assembled to form a harmonious picture, or like pieces of hearts assembled in a classic Zelda game!
At least but not last, the package was specifically designed to run on native Wii U!

Disclamer: I am the author of this compilation, but I am not the author of the aforementioned mods!

2023-05-05_21.59.44.187_DRC.jpg

The story of The Legend of Zelda: Shattered Hearts

Open your eyes... Why won't you wake up, my brother...?

Dive into an epic adventure where the fate of Hyrule rests on the shoulders of Linkle, Link's sister. The heart of this fearless warrior bleeds at the thought of her brother being in a deep slumber, but she refuses to be defeated and courageously launches into battle against the darkness that threatens to engulf the kingdom. In the face of adversity, Linkle must draw upon her inner strength and rise to the legend of her brother. Will you be ready to follow her on this epic quest to save Hyrule?

Discover the destiny of the kingdom of Hyrule through the eyes of Linkle, a brave adventurer who has her own story, her own soundtrack, and her own way of approaching the world that will appear both familiar and beautifully transformed.

2023-05-11_18.33.33.979_TV.jpg

A bunch of new features!
  • New graphics and lighting effects
  • New OST that matches the eclectic character of Linkle
  • A new playable character: Linkle of course!
  • A completely rebalanced game
  • A completely rewritten story
  • A new FOV for a more immersive experience
  • New game mechanics like crafting and other surprises
  • New side quests
  • New NPCs to meet
  • New places to explore
  • New bosses and enemies
  • 30 new shrines
  • New treasures
  • New weapons
  • Remastered cutscenes to include Linkle's fate
  • And much more!

2023-05-11_18.40.37.407_TV.jpg

How to setup

You will need the following prerequisites to install The Legend of Zelda: Shattered Hearts expansion:
The procedure to follow:

Extract the file Shattered_Hearts.zip into your SDCafiine folder on your SD card. You should end up with a path that looks like this: D:\sdcafiine\00050000101C9400\The Legend of Zelda - Shattered Hearts

Insert your SD card into your Wii U, start your homebrew launcher, then launch SDCafiine, the system menu should load. Now simply start your game The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

One last word...

I hope you'll enjoy my package and the new journey of Linkle. If some of you have the idea of proposing an improved version with more content, better overall stability, etc., feel free to let me know! In the meantime... Have fun playing!

2023-05-11_18.29.39.382_TV.jpg

Last edited by Celdyr,

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Seems pretty cool, what have you done to the mods or is it just a collection thrown together? (don't mean that to sound as harsh as it reads btw!!!) I am aware of these mods but haven't been on that discord in aaages!

I take it Linkle is not optional then and any plans on a PAL version or are we good? been a while since I messed with bcml also.

Celdyr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Seems pretty cool, what have you done to the mods or is it just a collection thrown together? (don't mean that to sound as harsh as it reads btw!!!) I am aware of these mods but haven't been on that discord in aaages!

I take it Linkle is not optional then and any plans on a PAL version or are we good? been a while since I messed with bcml also.
Hi! My work mainly consisted of assembling mods that I'm not the author of, as I mentioned in my thread.

However, I built my entire package around the idea of playing as Linkle, so my package doesn't have any options to play as another character.

Finally, it should be possible to play with the PAL version of the game, but I'm afraid there may be text-related issues.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! My work mainly consisted of assembling mods that I'm not the author of, as I mentioned in my thread.

However, I built my entire package around the idea of playing as Linkle, so my package doesn't have any options to play as another character.

Finally, it should be possible to play with the PAL version of the game, but I'm afraid there may be text-related issues.
Cool, i'll give it a try! Been thinking about getting second wind and breathing (lol) new life into this game while I wait on my son completing TotK before I get near that lol

No biggie re Linkle, was just wondering and looking forward to trying it, well done on your efforts....I know putting these things together can be tiresome when testing!

Reactions: Celdyr

flowlapache

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Oooh! nice compilation! I suppose we can't activate what we need at a time? for example: just activate second wind and linkle?
Thanks a lot for your purpose!! A full story mod is great!

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, good job putting all these together. Will this work on Aroma too?

@Celdyr
Ok, after about an hour playtime. It works well enough, but there are so many random crashes that requried a hard reset. Not sure what causing those crashes either. This was being played on Tiramisu side, going to try Aroma side later today.

Update from Aroma side. It doesn't even boot pass the title screen, the opening flashing white light would stay on forever.

Last edited by Ettino,

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

@Celdyr
Ok, after about an hour playtime. It works well enough, but there are so many random crashes that requried a hard reset. Not sure what causing those crashes either. This was being played on Tiramisu side, going to try Aroma side later today.

Update from Aroma side. It doesn't even boot pass the title screen, the opening flashing white light would stay on forever.
That sounds like Relic of the Past to me. That and Second Wind are quite unoptimized on their own, so i expect even pieces of it being in this compilation might be a bit prone to crash. I remember not being able to get closer to certain areas in Relic of the Past like the Temple of Time because the game would simply just crash randomly.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Celdyr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

@Celdyr

It's a shame to see that the mod is also unstable on your end, I don't understand. On my side, with all the optimizations put in place (especially on the resource-intensive Second Wind which was difficult to optimize but which I finally tamed), Shattered Hearts is playable without worrying about crashes. I'm surprised. Do you have more details to provide me? During my tests on versions that were too demanding for the Wii U, I also had lots of crashes, but they were often in specific places or situations.

Furthermore, I'm really surprised that the game isn't launching through Aroma! This is not normal. The screenshots in my thread were taken using Aroma, so the mod does launch under Aroma. The only big issue with Aroma is the slow read speed on the SD card which causes long load times and a lot of in-game popping issues. I wonder if the problem might be due to your SD card.
Post automatically merged:

That sounds like Relic of the Past to me. That and Second Wind are quite unoptimized on their own, so i expect even pieces of it being in this compilation might be a bit prone to crash. I remember not being able to get closer to certain areas in Relic of the Past like the Temple of Time because the game would simply just crash randomly.
It is indeed a recurring problem with big mods that are memory-intensive, which is why I use a carefully optimized Lite version of Second Wind.

Last edited by Celdyr,

bedwyr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have currently install it with success. It runs well on Aroma but the loading time are very long. Ithink that 2nd Wind mod is very heavy, i have tested it standalone and it was the same loading times.

@Celdyr : can you share the mod versions you have combined? Thanks

Celdyr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have currently install it with success. It runs well on Aroma but the loading time are very long. Ithink that 2nd Wind mod is very heavy, i have tested it standalone and it was the same loading times.

@Celdyr : can you share the mod versions you have combined? Thanks
I already mentioned that it was a bad idea to play Shattered Hearts on Aroma and that Second Wind is not to blame, the SD card read performance is very slow by default. I am using an old version of Second Wind that I fixed to run on Wii U.

Last edited by Celdyr,

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already mentioned that it was a bad idea to play Shattered Hearts on Aroma and that Second Wind is not to blame, the SD card read performance is very slow by default. I am using an old version of Second Wind that I fixed to run on Wii U.
Please use a different color for text. It doesn’t show very well on GBATemp’s dark style theme.

Attachments

• IMG_4443.png
    IMG_4443.png
    523.5 KB · Views: 98

Celdyr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's probably that, the sd card is pretty old. I'm only using it for Tiramisu & Aroma. It's like 45mb/s read speed I think lol. I'm gonna use a faster sd card and report back when I can.
Please do not hesitate to keep me informed about your situation. If you notice that the game freezes at specific locations, there might be a problem with the package. However, the modpack should not freeze randomly.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick question we may have covered @Celdyr

I have a pal wii u and the game loads fine. I started a new game and got to the first shrine before my gamepad needed charged again lol however I am getting the original story lines with links name being used rather than linkle.

Is this normal and i guess story wise... so far, probably, but just a curiosity if it will affect further in the game?

prince_h

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
how did you fix it to run on the wii u?
I also tried to play with v1.9.12b. But in ordon village i usually get a freeze after some minutes. And lots of blood moons

If the fix is easy i would also give it a try

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bit of a rant since I don't know where else to put it and all hope is lost.

So i figured I'd mess with BCML again. Big fucking mistake. Updated it, set all my paths, tried to drop in my old mod folder for the profile as my old set up fucked those up but it wouldn't take it.

I then downloaded a few mods to reinstall fresh. Dropped one in, hit install and yeah this is normal..... All of my desktop wiped with a flash. Not even in the bin, not in an output folder from bcml. Fucking nuked. Done a system restore to yesterday and got back one folder... Empty.

So as I say, just a rant as to why that happened and I'm seriously pissed off about it. Absolutely no explanation as to what the fuck happened but bcml was the culprit. Seriously pissed off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol