Controller Not Working in 1 Game Specifically

MajoraMan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I recently bought a copy of Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce. I tried running off the disc and was getting some stuttering in the opening FMV, so I decided to rip the disc to the HDD. I used Aurora Disc to GOD to do this. Once the game was done ripping, I started it back up from the HDD, removing the disc to make sure that it was from the HDD.

When in the game the controller doesn't seem to be able to interact with the game at all. I can open the guide and control that, as well as use the screenshot button combo to capture screenshots, but I cannot get anything to happen in game. I have tried my wireless and wired controllers, both of which are official and working otherwise. I also tried unplugging my Kinect in case it was interfering somehow.

I really don't know what the issue could be, especially since the controllers work perfectly fine anywhere else on the system, and in other games. Does anyone have any idea what might be happening?

MajoraMan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just bumping this back to the top. I still have not been able to figure anything out with this game,
Post automatically merged:

Just to verify, I installed a Redump copy of the game and the same issue occurs. So it is not something specific to my disc or the files contained on it.

Last edited by MajoraMan,

MajoraMan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I tried it off the disc again after the install wasn't working. The FMV actually worked fine that time, but still nothing from any controller.

Again, to be clear, EVERY other game I have played on this 360 works with every controller I have. Only this has caused any issue.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I tried it off the disc again after the install wasn't working. The FMV actually worked fine that time, but still nothing from any controller.

Again, to be clear, EVERY other game I have played on this 360 works with every controller I have. Only this has caused any issue.
Silly question but what kinds of Xbox 360 motherboard do you have? I’ve heard slims(corona boards specifically) can have some issues with random games

Most notably rockband and just dance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo