Homebrew Convert Luma LayeredFS to BootNTR LayeredFS?

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to do this? I want to use the Super Luigi Maker Luma LayeredFS on my 3DS, but I'd prefer it was accessible via BootNTR over Luma. As Luma decides at boot whether or not a LayeredFS will be loaded, and I prefer the option to decide while in the home menu if I want to use a LayeredFS or not. The Super Luigi Maker Luma LayeredFS files can be found here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/super-luigi-maker-for-3ds.452517/

If anyone could do it and upload the ntr plugin file I'd need (US version preferably) as well as any other files and folders I might need, I'd really appreciate it.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Make a folder on the root of your SD card. Name it the game's Title ID. Place your modified romfs files in this folder but you do not need the romfs folder like you do for Luma's layeredfs. SD:/TITLEID/romfs files and folders
2) Make sure you have the game's layeredfs.plg in SD:/plugin/TITLEID, again replacing TITLEID with the game's Title ID. Someone else will have to provide you with the layeredfs.plg or you could find a tutorial and make it yourself.
3) Run BootNTR Selector and make sure you have the default settings saves.
4) Run your game and see if it recognizes your modified romfs files.

Or look into OnionFS, which works with any game except for Smash.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Make a folder on the root of your SD card. Name it the game's Title ID. Place your modified romfs files in this folder but you do not need the romfs folder like you do for Luma's layeredfs. SD:/TITLEID/romfs files and folders
2) Make sure you have the game's layeredfs.plg in SD:/plugin/TITLEID, again replacing TITLEID with the game's Title ID. Someone else will have to provide you with the layeredfs.plg or you could find a tutorial and make it yourself.
3) Run BootNTR Selector and make sure you have the default settings saves.
4) Run your game and see if it recognizes your modified romfs files.

Or look into OnionFS, which works with any game except for Smash.

The one thing is, the Luma LayeredFS version didn't have a layeredfs.plg do you know how I'd properly make that?

Edit: I didn't read you whole thing I see you say I should ask others for the plugin or find a tutorial. That being the case, could anyone looking here compile the plugin?

Last edited by duffmmann,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The one thing is, the Luma LayeredFS version didn't have a layeredfs.plg do you know how I'd properly make that?
I do not know how to make it, which is why I said someone else will have to provide it for you or you'd have to find a tutorial on your own. Did you see the edit I made to that post at the bottom? "Or look into OnionFS", which uses NTR and you don't have to make your own .plg to use with it. I even provided the link for you.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not know how to make it, which is why I said someone else will have to provide it for you or you'd have to find a tutorial on your own. Did you see the edit I made to that post at the bottom? "Or look into OnionFS", which used NTR.

yeah read my edit haha I noticed this seconds after i made that post

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look into OnionFS instead. You don't even need to build your own .plg to use it. I provided a link to you earlier.

perfect, I'll post my results

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OnionFS works... but is incredibly slow at loading Super Mario Maker, even to just enter a level you just played and died in. I'd like to try the NTR selector LayeredFS instead of the onion or Luma versions. If anyone could compile such a plugin for me, I'd really appreciate it.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
perfect, I'll post my results

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OnionFS works... but is incredibly slow at loading Super Mario Maker, even to just enter a level you just played and died in. I'd like to try the NTR selector LayeredFS instead of the onion or Luma versions. If anyone could compile such a plugin for me, I'd really appreciate it.
Don't know if you did it or not, but here ya go. I didn't test them, so I don't know if they work but they built fine. One is for the game without the update installed, the other is built from the updated exefs.

Attachments

• SSMLFS.rar
    3.6 KB · Views: 118
  • SMMupdate.rar
    3.6 KB · Views: 120
Last edited by Majickhat55,
Reactions: KunoichiZ

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if you did it or not, but here ya go. I didn't test them, so I don't know if they work but they built fine. One is for the game without the update installed, the other is built from the updated exefs.

I appreciate you trying, but it doesn't seem to work properly with either file. And I made sure I had it set up properly according to how NTR files are loaded. Perhaps this game doesn't work as an NTR layerFS plugin.

Seems the options are OnionFS which is annoyingly slow, or Luma LayeredFS which is just a small inconvenience in how I'd like to be able to load either version of the game. So I guess I'm gonna have to use the Luma version, it seems the most practical of the options unless I'm missing something.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate you trying, but it doesn't seem to work properly with either file. And I made sure I had it set up properly according to how NTR files are loaded. Perhaps this game doesn't work as an NTR layerFS plugin.

Seems the options are OnionFS which is annoyingly slow, or Luma LayeredFS which is just a small inconvenience in how I'd like to be able to load either version of the game. So I guess I'm gonna have to use the Luma version, it seems the most practical of the options unless I'm missing something.
Yeah I tested it and it doesn't work with LayeredFS, it just crashes. They probably have to make a new program for it or change things in it or something because I haven't had ANY layeredfs.plg working since 11.4. NTR cheats were the same until I updated them. Sorry man, I tried haha

Reactions: duffmmann

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Lol